Maverick Hybrid

Will the it be reliable? Seriously considering placing an order for one

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

There will probably be a recall on something being that it’s a first year vehicle but the platform has been around for a while and the hybrid system Ford is using is well known and reliable. I don’t think there is much to worry about.

2. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

When has a first gen Ford product ever been reliable? Did you not see the current Bronco engine fiasco? That's an almost 10 year old engine now and they're still blowing up...

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Pure FUD

3. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I'd rather have the gas engine with AWD and a conventional transmission

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

This

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Then you're getting Ranger or half ton MPG.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Yes at several thousand dollars less

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

$5-10k less than a similarly equipped half ton with no resale value. I don't see how that's worth it but okay.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Doesn't that defeat the primary feature of the maverick, which is amazing gas mileage?

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Yes. The eco boost is moronic way to go unless you intend to turn this into some sort of tuner truck.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Yeah, but that AWD tho.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

hey i live in michigan so when given the option i always take AWD. if they offer it on they hybrid, i'll buy it but i can get 24mpg in my full time AWD wrx and have a shit load more fun. the maverick only makes sense when you couple the utility of a bed with 40+mpg.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Well, it's pretty cheap for a new one too. I don't own one, and I'm considering getting one, and since I don't own a AWD vehicle, that's a pretty huge temptation for me.

4. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>Seriously
    I'm seriously thinking about those beans

5. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I hope so. I love the concept of an underpowered, efficient utility vehicle. It is the antithesis to big-ass dick-measuring 10,000lb tow capacity plastic tanks

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Yeah except most owners of pave princess F150s have tiny dicks and most Mirage owners are rocking a thick, long, bulbous head, schlong.

6. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I have one, it handles great. No major issues yet, and I am in Arizona where it is easily 110 farenheit most days right now. It turns very tight and the gas/brakes are very responsive; almost like driving a sedan.

Don't fall for the luxury package meme, just use android auto or carplay. The 400W outlet on the other hand is a good idea; if you don't get the luxury package then you only get one in the back row.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

there's more to the luxury package than sync 3

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Adding onto this, when you turn the car off, it shows you your average mpg. During the day time when it's hot out I see I average 39-42 mpg. During the night time I can have the AC lower, I have gone as far as 49mpg.

there's more to the luxury package than sync 3

True, but looking it over, there just wasn't much I needed.

>power driver seat
      Don't need it

>outlets inside and outside vehicle
      Don't need the outside outlet

>tie-down bed rail
      Don't need it, didn't need it in any other truck

>heated mirrors
      >heated seats
      >leather wrapped steering wheel
      >windshield wiper de-icer
      Never needed/wanted in Arizona

>key-fob
      Don't need/want it if I don't have to. I just prefer using a key ignition.

If you want any of those features, then go ahead and get it with an XLT.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

i use all of that on a regular basis.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

idk if that's so great if my d class sedan from 2003 gets 40 mpg with mostly city driving

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

A sedan is not a pickup

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

do this with our sedan

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Do you think the XLT is worth the price increase over the XL? I really like the yellow (hybrid)

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

adding on, I would not buy the XLT luxury package because I don't care about any of that stuff either. Just the yellow and the alloy wheels

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

ya get the XLT, i just hate the orange accents but i imagine it won't take the aftermarket long to come up with overlays and whatnot to get rid of it.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

adding on, I would not buy the XLT luxury package because I don't care about any of that stuff either. Just the yellow and the alloy wheels

>Do you think the XLT is worth the price increase over the XL?

It would depend where you live, what interior color you like, and if you want to (easily) have cruise control. XL has a black interior, whereas the XLT has a gray/blue interior (and the rear bench has pull down cupholders). The wheels on the XLT also look better than the XL wheels.

You might be able to get cruise control in the XL by swapping the steering wheel out with an identical one from a 2020 Escape and playing around with FORscan.

The XLT tailgate locks electronically with the rest of the vehicle, whereas I believe you have to manually lock and unlocked it with a key on the XL. Your mirrors are electronically adjustable on the XLT whereas you have to push them on the XL yourself. There's also the door keypad thing on the XLT the XL doesn't have.

>I really like the yellow (hybrid)

I've seen a yellow color demonstrated on youtube and in press images, but I don't see the yellow color is available for either Hybrid or Ecoboost across any trim. There is the metallic orange color, if that is close enough.

Do what

ya get the XLT, i just hate the orange accents but i imagine it won't take the aftermarket long to come up with overlays and whatnot to get rid of it.

suggests and get the XLT. For the extra $3K the interior quality is quite a bit better. You will probably be happy with the XL, however, if you are pinching pennies.

It won't let you use the camera or adjust certain settings.
        Mostly it's the cameras on modern cars.
        Some won't let you navigate the dash settings while in motion either.

The visibility is pretty good, it's not like it has cameras all around the Vehicle. I use the backup camera to see the path the vehicle is going to back into, then I look behind me over my shoulder and backup the rest of the way.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>metallic orange
          that's what I meant, thanks anon

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

They call the yellow "cyber orange" but I've seen it in person and it's yellow as frick, like full on school bus.

Confusingly "hot pepper red" is also orange as frick, the AWD XLT I test drove was that color and I was kind of disappointed because I was hoping it was more of a red, but was way too orange for my taste.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Hot pepper red is a dynamic color that changes depending on the lighting. It’s more of a red-orange than an orange red in direct harsh light and becomes a more pure red in softer light. It also goes really well with the brown/blue interior of the lariat.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Not really. It’s got a pearlescence.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

It does, but in the sun it's just in-your-face yellow.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Saw a bronco sport in this color today. School bus yellow is pretty accurate but it’s a got a little bit of pearl to it.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Saw a bronco sport in this color today. School bus yellow is pretty accurate but it’s a got a little bit of pearl to it.

In a sea of grays I think it’s pretty dope. Plus next year there’s going to be literally 10,000 Mavericks everywhere, and I’m gonna be pretty happy to have an obnoxious one.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I typically hate yellow on a car but the cyber orange is acceptable. I wouldn’t choose it for myself but I wouldn’t spit on it if you gave me one.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

[...]
        >Do you think the XLT is worth the price increase over the XL?

It would depend where you live, what interior color you like, and if you want to (easily) have cruise control. XL has a black interior, whereas the XLT has a gray/blue interior (and the rear bench has pull down cupholders). The wheels on the XLT also look better than the XL wheels.

You might be able to get cruise control in the XL by swapping the steering wheel out with an identical one from a 2020 Escape and playing around with FORscan.

The XLT tailgate locks electronically with the rest of the vehicle, whereas I believe you have to manually lock and unlocked it with a key on the XL. Your mirrors are electronically adjustable on the XLT whereas you have to push them on the XL yourself. There's also the door keypad thing on the XLT the XL doesn't have.

>I really like the yellow (hybrid)

I've seen a yellow color demonstrated on youtube and in press images, but I don't see the yellow color is available for either Hybrid or Ecoboost across any trim. There is the metallic orange color, if that is close enough.

Do what [...] suggests and get the XLT. For the extra $3K the interior quality is quite a bit better. You will probably be happy with the XL, however, if you are pinching pennies.

[...]
        The visibility is pretty good, it's not like it has cameras all around the Vehicle. I use the backup camera to see the path the vehicle is going to back into, then I look behind me over my shoulder and backup the rest of the way.

If you get the XL you can swap out the switches for under 200 to get cruise control. As long as you're comfortable taking out the airbag it's not hard. You can also get power mirrors by adding the copilot 360.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

I looked at a few in person a few months back and I'd buy an XLT lux pack just because the plastic steering wheel in the lesser models is so godawful.

I really like the grey and orange combo myself, but it ought to be pretty easy to get rid of if you don't like it. The biggest orange part, the console thing, is a rubber part that lifts right out, and the door handles are bolted on and I'm sure you can get XL ones from the Ford parts department for a few bucks. The only "hard" part would be the vent trim but you can buy vinyl pinstriping tape from a hobby shop and just lay it in there.

7. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

WHY NO SHORTCAB + 6FT BED?!!>!>!>e>s>ad.DAFDFA DFCU FRICK

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Because they suck and nobody wants them and Ford would put millions into redesigning the cab and bed and then 10 people would buy them.

8. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>For your safety
    >Some functions are disabled while the vehicle is in motion
    I will never buy a modern car that locks out menus because I'm driving.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

idk if it does that in a sync3 maverick, but I can use the screen freely while i'm in motion, android auto included

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

It won't let you use the camera or adjust certain settings.
        Mostly it's the cameras on modern cars.
        Some won't let you navigate the dash settings while in motion either.

9. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

It's worth getting the good package with lane keep and adaptive cruise. I never want to go back to a vehicle without those features. Especially on something brand new. This will probably be my next vehicle purchase after I get a house.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Agreed. Adaptive cruise and lane keeping are game changers. My maverick drives itself on the highway which is 90% of my drive to work. Every car sold today without those two features is antiquated. Absolute godsend in stop and go traffic.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Lol the things wagies do to cope

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

In what way is it cope? What is the downside? None.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>and lane keeping
        is this so you can text and drive? what the frick?
        >googles adaptave cruise control

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

ADC question
          if someone on the highway is a shit driver and keeps oscilating their speed between 65 and 75, will the ADC keep speeding up and slowing down and speeding up... as well?

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

it will keep a set distance between you and the car in front of you anywhere between zero mph and whatever maximum speed you have the cruise control set to. lane centering actively keeps the vehicle in the center of the lane. the two combines make a fairly competent for of self driving.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Yes.

10. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I feel like they're a bit overpriced for what they are, I might buy one once the used market is more robust and you can get a low mileage one for $20,000

11. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

How comfortably could a 6'3" guy, my wife and 2 kids in car seats ride in this?
    I ask because this truck might be all I can afford if we have to get a new car. I would get the $19k base model in either blue or area 51. Hybrid engine to save on gas

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

I think you are going to run into trouble with two car seats and you being 6’3”. Baby seats do fit in the back if a bit snuggly but with your added height I’m not sure. It will probably work for you though. Get an order in as soon as Ford starts taking them again. Worst case scenario is you walk away and the dealership gets a car to sell which they will be happy about.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Appreciate the advice. Here's hoping our Jeep Grand Cherokee lasts a long time. Has about 120k miles. I wonder if any other companies will race to the bottom on a truck like this

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

call around to dealerships and find one that will let you sit in one if they have it on their lot. they just won't let you drive it.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

I'm 6' and I have an XLT with the moonroof, which apparently eats away available headroom. I still feel that I have plenty of height above me, and I have the seat pumped up a bit.

As a test I put three fullsize car seats (the ones that you can subtract parts from as kids grow in size) in the back seat. It is a very tight fit, but it is doable. Also, good luck accessing the trunk under the rear bench.

It's worth getting the good package with lane keep and adaptive cruise. I never want to go back to a vehicle without those features. Especially on something brand new. This will probably be my next vehicle purchase after I get a house.

Agreed. Adaptive cruise and lane keeping are game changers. My maverick drives itself on the highway which is 90% of my drive to work. Every car sold today without those two features is antiquated. Absolute godsend in stop and go traffic.

I would disagree, unless they add a package that solely adds only those and nothing else.

[...]
      If you get the XL you can swap out the switches for under 200 to get cruise control. As long as you're comfortable taking out the airbag it's not hard. You can also get power mirrors by adding the copilot 360.

Fair enough, and copilot 360 doesn't cost that much extra either. My Insurance gave me a discount for having it.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>with the moonroof
        moonroof on a pick up truck?

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

It'll be tight but doable. If you want to go with them is when you'll start having trouble.

12. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Pretty amazing that Americans like the idea of [Trugg :DDDDD] so much that Ford had to make a jacked up saloon without a tailgate to get people who need a saloon to buy their saloon.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

If you move here you will want a truck too. Within six months of living in America you will have a burning desire to own a large amount of land, a big truck and guns. It’s unavoidable and intoxicating.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Unless this isn't that small one, then: my bad, ignore me.

13. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I heard a lot of parts and designs were used in other Fords, especially the hybrid engine which has existed in other Fords for many years and seems to be reliable enough for at least 10 years before it shits the bed so it's not like the maverick is 100% new parts and hardware and shit so I'd say it'll be pretty reliable with a few typical Ford recalls

I may want to grab one when I eventually own a home and do DIY shit, the bed is small but big enough to haul shit around in and that's pretty much what the demographic is for it.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>especially the hybrid engine
      not sure what that means. the ICE engine the hybrid uses is a duratec inline 4 from the Ford/Mazda era. the hybrid system and eCVT transmission are the same systems used in previous Ford hybrids that have seen extreme high mileage use in NYC cabs without issues.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Reread it again

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

no

14. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Literally the biggest issue of this car is that Ford locked adaptive cruise control behind the lariat package. It's not included in the 360 copilot for whatever reason

It's a piece of shit parts bin car why would I pay $10K extra to dress up a turd

15. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>when I drive past the kids, they all spit and cuss
    >because I’ve got a b***hin Camaro and they have to ride the bus

16. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>hybrid
    >fwd
    >body on frame

Just buy a used ford escape and save yourself $25k.

17. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Consider being less gay first

18. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I’m queer as hell but it’s like the f150s gay little brother finally came out.

19. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I've never owned a pickup, is the bed liner necessary? Is there a cheaper alternative?

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Yes to the first and no to the second. You should get a spray in bed liner for any truck you plan on owning long term

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

I meant cheaper than ordering the factory lining

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Aftermarket linings are usually better but more expensive. Factory is fine though.

20. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

What are we thinking changes in 2023?

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

No way they change anything, there is no need to. They can’t even keep up with orders as it is.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Price goes up, volume goes down.

21. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>DA's only valid complaint
    >>You'll look like a homosexual driving it
    >It sways my opinion anyway
    I have a disease

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>I have a disease
      ya it's called being an insecure moron. ya anon, i'm sure if you just drove an f-150 we would all mistake you for a high T chad.

22. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

My wife wants a Maverick "King Ranch". She loves King Ranch interiors for some reason.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

What's not to like? Leather is fantastic. I'd even prefer cheap vinyl over cloth. I've never understood why so many people prefer it.

23. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>$23K
    literally as much as a new maverick

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

literally almost twice as much more than what it was worth new if you ignore inflation.

24. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Why would I buy this vs the Ford Ranger? Price?
    Ford Ranger is older, and tested platform.

I also have a "Reservation" on a 40k F150 Lightening that I'd doubt I'd get. but if it's 25K for a 4dr and I can hadd a hitch on it, I may just sell my Miata.

25. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Just saw this, AWD plug-in hybrid Maverick prototype/test mule. I'm suddenly a whole lot more interested in the Mav.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

i'll be placing an order for it day 1 and keep driving my current mav until then.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

See you august 15th fricker I'm getting mine in blue

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Aug 15 is a rumor and I seriously doubt Ford will be offering a PHEV in just the second model year. Mid cycle refresh maybe. If ford does manage to pull that of they will have cemented themselves as the best American manufacture.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

watch it be more expensive than the ecoboost, and offer a king ranch trim

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

I won't be surprised if it's more, but I might be willing to pay for it. A PHEV truck is my ideal DD, and while the Mav isn't as much of a truck as I'd like it to be it'd still be a workable option for me if the performance is similar to the Ecoboost. (Which I'm hoping it will be, given that it'll probably have a more powerful electric motor than the regular hybrid does and the fact that Ford said part of why there's no normal AWD hybrid is that it was too slow.) I'd pay 35k for a loaded XLT version if it can do my commute on pure electric while also being able to tow a couple of bikes on a trailer and has enough pickup for comfortable highway passing.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>Ford said part of why there's no normal AWD hybrid is that it was too slow
          I really doubt it, it’s much more likely that ford is taking a loss on the base model hybrids and couldn’t afford to also tack on AWD and keep the starting price below $20k.

26. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

new, 5/10 reliability.
    used with morons trying to tow 15k pounds, 2/10

27. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I sold my AWD xl to carvana for 36.5k rofl

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

You’re an idiot.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Why? I paid 25.6k for it. It's a pig on gas.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>car worth 10k over
          >geE i WoNdeR wHYy

Brainlet.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

No one is paying 46k for an XL Maverick dude

28. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Why is the front end so ugly and how long until a facelift? Am I not allowed to have a cool aggressive looking truck if I don't pay 50k?

29. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I'll wait a few years and get a cheap one coming off lease

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

smart man, the 36 recalls will probably be done and you will probably get it with a rebuilt motor that's good as new.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *