>Meanwhile, the story was also picked up on X where a user plumbed the depths of the Cybertruck owner's manual, which routinely turns up comed...

>Meanwhile, the story was also picked up on X where a user plumbed the depths of the Cybertruck owner's manual, which routinely turns up comedy gold.
>In this instance, attention was drawn to a line saying: "CAUTION Failure to put Cybertruck in Car Wash Mode may result in damage. Damage caused by car washes is not covered by the warranty."
>The fact that the Cybertruck even has such a mode is, frankly, ludicrous. There was also the perplexing warning: "Do not wash in direct sunlight."

what the frick?

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Buy an ad

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Car wash mode? What happens when it rains?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What it means is the windshield washer and antenna won't get snagged by the brush rollers. Maybe also the mirrors. Not the first car with car wash instructions. My honda fit for example you are supposed to unscrew the roof antenna.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Lot of older cars have unscrewable antennas. They don't come off, but you can tilt them down.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I would REALLY love to know what the frick carwash mode actually does. It bricks the truck, so clearly something important dies, but it doesn't create a big enough short to light it on fire. Is there some control module that gets too hot so it has an air passage to cool it, and car washes spray right on it and pop a board????

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

**Car Wash Mode**
      >Keep speed below 10 mph
      >Charge port door: Locked
      >Walk-Away Door Lock: Off
      >Automatic wipers: Off
      >Parking assist chimes: Off
      >Sentry Mode: Off
      >Climate: Recirculating
      >Frunk: Closed
      >Trunk: Closed

i heard it was not setting the air to recirculate which bricked it because water got into the central computer

how you ask?

i don't fricking know

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Dumb shit, but who the frick goes to an automatic car wash with a $100K car. What the frick.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Why does a 100K car die in a carwash my $2K shitbox survives just fine from?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

it has cyber in the name, and if you dont know the first thing about electronics then you shouldn't be buying cars over 2k in the first place

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>it has cyber in the name

i bet you tried to eat your apple iphone

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

no, I learned that water and electronics don't mix when I was 14 and accidentally took a swim with my ipod nano in my pocket. maybe read your electronics manual next time buddy.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>water and electronics don't mix

then explain this

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'm sure there are many manuals that many navy personnel had to read and memorize before they could operate one of these. not really sure how that's supposed to win you the argument though.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

electronics work on a submarine because the hull keeps the water out

just like every other fricking car except the for musk's angular abortion

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

and how do you make sure the water stays out...

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Never take it out the garage?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

they read the manuals and paid attention to proper operation. if you tried piloting a submarine you'd frick everything up. maybe try researching what a proper analogy is too.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

this is next level t*sla marketing team cope. somehow every other car in existence can be driven by people just getting in and turning a key but you're equating the level of knowledge required to own one of these cucktrucks to that of piloting a nuclear submarine. and then acting like the people who don't intuitively know that you're supposed to obtain a masters degree in cucktruck operations before buying one are the ones who are moronic and not the dumbasses who designed and are defending these overcomplicated piles of shit.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'm not saying anything about teslas, I'm telling you to read the manual if you purchase electronics. find an example of a tesla getting damaged in a car wash whilst in car wash mode and I will laugh along with everyone else.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nuclear submarines have waterproof electronics, they won't be damaged by cleaning them or simply getting them wet.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

no no no anon, you're only supposed to own electric cars if you're a californian homosexual that has never seen snow or a puddle deeper than 1 inch.
            EVs are to be driven to starbucks, where you'll pull out your 3000 dollar facebook machine to write your dissertation on the evils of capitalism.
            EVs are apart of the apple ecosystem, which means it's always the customer's fault, not the company.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Well true in simple terms, but we do have on board fire fighting systems. And shit does catch on fire, and you can count on the coners spraying it with water. Furthermore the submarine is engineered for a flooding casualty. The electrical system is ungrounded specifically to ensure power is available even if one phase goes out. Plenty of electronics on board don't like water, but they'll survive a splash. Ultimately you just lose hours of your life drying everything off to prevent premature rust. To further comment on the picture used, those electronics in the mast can be deployed at more than 5 foot of water on top. Simply put, good engineers don't work in the consumer industry, they're all chasing DoD and Oil gigs. I'd also like to take this time to remind people India flooded its first nuclear submarine on the first sea trial because they forgot to shut the hatches.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Simply put, good engineers don't work in the consumer industry, they're all chasing DoD
            lol lmao these days it's the opposite
            Every company that touches submarine building is boeing tier moronic and incompetent with insane turnover and waste but survives via a stringent inspection program to keep them from killing anyone. Defense is getting hollowed out by the same business geniuses who are killing this country

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Every company that touches submarine building is boeing tier moronic and incompetent
            Huntington-Ingalls was blazing weld inspections for the pressure hull. And they're construction tards left tons of metal shavings in the retractable bow planes leading to crazy noise transients.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

How much do you want explained? I qualified subs on a Virginia.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

do they still prank noobs by screaming that the nuclear reactor is critical (which it should be) and running and screaming?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

A time honored tradition that never gets old

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SCORPION????

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nobody knows because they never declassified the info. Based on their mission I suspect they were sunk by a Soviet submarine. The 60's were basically a hot war for submariners.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

All cars are full of electronics, but I can run a pressure washer in any part of the engine bay of any shitbox made 1995-2015, and some others outside that timeframe. And ive never thought twice about drive through washes. I might have bent the shit out of a few antennas, but no damage to the function of the cars

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Wow so smart
          Nah frick that, you pay a hundred grand for a car you shouldn’t have to baby it for the most mundane shit

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

t. never bought a nonstick pan

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

explain fish tank pumps

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

worst part about the cybertruck is that it's a legit good piece of engineering underneath the memes. if the lightning had the same variable ratio steering, four wheel steering, powertrain, driver assists, and charging infrastructure, it would be selling like hotcakes

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>it'd be a good car if it wasn't trash
      Next level cope.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/Iu3rSOV.jpeg

>good engineering
        >doesen't survive a sprinkle of water
        Just a reminder that our outside(the place where you're supposed to drive in) rains constantly. It's filled with salty mounds of slosh, ice, snow. The roads are uneven and full of potholes. It ranges from 85F to -20F

Read homies, read. What the frick happened to the world where people stopped reading past the first sentence?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

If the first sentence is mentally handicapped, so must be the rest aswell. No need to read utter nonsense.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>good engineering
      >doesen't survive a sprinkle of water
      Just a reminder that our outside(the place where you're supposed to drive in) rains constantly. It's filled with salty mounds of slosh, ice, snow. The roads are uneven and full of potholes. It ranges from 85F to -20F

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>85F to -20F
        >85F
        Dude it's been 113F in Los Angeles.
        It gets over 100 basically every year
        And that's Southern California, which has some of the best weather on the planet.
        85F is like a normal spring day in almost every part of the world

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Nope, in almost every part of the world we use °C and not this dumb °F.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

And you limit yourselves to a range of 0-30 for the most part for the weather. Real specific. But hey at least your units go from 0-100!

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The only problem I've ever had from going through a car wash was my parking brake getting stuck on. Had to pump the brakes a couple times and it popped free. Sprayed some lube down the cable and now it doesn't do it anymore.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Do not wash in direct sunlight
    That's just good advice for any car

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Why?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Sun evaporates water fast, soap gets stuck in blotches and is ugly

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Thank you, fren.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

so much this
          >car been in the sun all day, now dusk
          >think it's safe to wash
          >hose it down
          >literal steam pouring off all the panels
          guess it wasn't ready

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Do not wash in direct sunlight
    my bottle of Maguires says the same thing dumbass.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>buying a "car" from a "car manufacturer" that has only been making "cars" for 16 years and it's mostly an investment scheme corporation

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>buying an electric car from anyone else but the n°1 EV car manufacturer

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Tesla: 5 million electric vehicles sold
        >Textron: 65 million electric vehicles sold
        Try harder next time.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

well the dont wash in sunlight part makes sense. stainless steel despite its name actually stains very easily with water, and water evaporates quickly in sunlight, so it will just leave residue on the car from all the AIDS particles in the water and people will complain. same thing happens when i wash my car too and dont dry it quick enough.

as for the car wash thing it sounds very fricking dumb, what about when theres a torrential storm? sounds like someone doesnt know how to design waterproof cooling systems and requires a flap to close to prevent water from getting in...

this is what happens when you hire a massive team of indians overseas

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Remember when Elon said this thing could function as a boat? I suppose boat anchor is close enough.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

on one hand, a car breaking after a car wash is really bad. On the other hand, if you are spending a frickton on a car, you should know how to properly take care of it including any alternative instructions. both tesla and the moron driver are at fault

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I seriously cannot fathom how much of a fricking moron you have to be to buy a Tesla product.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *