My car battery is dead. A neighbor helped me with jumper cables.

My car battery is dead. A neighbor helped me with jumper cables. Then I let my car idle for 30 minutes and pressed the gas pedal a few times. But that was not enough charge. I couldn't start the car after I turned it off. I don't want to ask a neighbor again and I don't have a power jack nearby. What's the best thing to do? I'm looking at mini jump starters. Should I buy a motorcycle battery, a charger for it, and jumper cables? Can I use a powerbank for phones? Any suggestions? As cheap and small as possible.

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>As cheap and small as possible.
    Bump start it, costs you nothing, just remember to park up a slope to make it easy on yourself.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

no, I have to be able to do it alone, otherwise I would ask this other person to help me with his car

Walk to the store and buy a new fricking battery before you frick up your expensive alternator.

no, the battery is very difficult to replace on my car

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>no, the battery is very difficult to replace on my car
        Then I can guarantee you the alternator is way the frick harder and more expensive to replace. It's pretty easy math... $120 for a new battery and another $120 for installation vs a $120 battery plus another $700 for a alternator.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>installation
          yeah like I'll just pick up the car and walk it to a workshop, holy shit you're all dumb as frick

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

CAA/AMA will come install batteries for you. I'm guessing your jeet ass was too cheap for that too.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>no, the battery is very difficult to replace on my car
        A dead battery will cook an alternator fairly quickly. If you want to do that, go ahead and be a lazy, moronic homosexual.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Dead as in empty frickwit

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

moron, if your battery isn't charged in 30 minutes of idling, your battery is "empty" because it's fricked.
            Your alternator will see the lack of battery voltage and output maximum power until the coils cook themselves, then you get to replace that or have no car, lazy homosexual.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah a battery that goes uncharged is FRICKED DUDE

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yes. Discharging a battery below a certain voltage is likely to destroy it.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Even if that's the case I need a jump starter to even be able to drive to a workshop moron.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>still calling everyone else a moron after being too stupid to disconnect a simple terminal to prevent his battery from being destroyed and proceeding to be too stupid to understand that his battery has, in fact, been destroyed

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You're confusing being uninformed and being stupid, moron. Anyway zero good advice here.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>gets informed
            >copes and seethes and refuses the information
            Yep, it's definitely stupidity.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I'm too socially inept and brain damaged to go ask for a jump or get a jumper pack, so you're the moron!
            Alternatively you can have the shop tow it in, but I wouldn't really know, because I would have replaced the battery by now instead of acting like a brainless thot screaming about a problem and doing literally nothing to rectify it.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I said I'll buy a jump starter frickwit. Replacing it is a very cumbersome process. Plus nobody even said discharging a battery damages it until late in the thread. Idiot.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Replacing it is a very cumbersome process.
            Who gives a frick? Your battery has failed and will damage the alternator if it is not replaced soon.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I give a frick dumbass. I'm not going to buy a bunch of tools and toil, I'll buy a $20 jump starter and drive to a workshop. After I've had it inspected because driving to the nearest inspection center is the only driving I'm legally allowed to do until it's been inspected.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>After I've had it inspected
            It will fail the inspection with a damaged battery.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

So?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

So when you act like a moronic spoiled child to them, they are entirely capable of denying you the ability to drive it home and can have it impounded.
            You haven't even said what car it is, so I assume you're just too fricking lazy to grab a pair of pliers and undo some bolts to make this car you're desperate to use have basic functionality.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nah dumbass. I'm only allowed to drive to inspection. Replacing the battery has to be done by a workshop. For most faults you get a month to drive and get it fixed. Black personbrain.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Replacing the battery has to be done by a workshop.
            No, it doesn't.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>the battery is very difficult to replace on my car

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

nta but on some cars it is absolute dildos to even get at the battery because of all the shit installed above/around it

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Frick you GM and your moronic battery placement.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>frick you gm!
            >car is a ford focus
            whar?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

GM is king of moronic battery placement.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

GM is king of moronic battery placement.

Hold my beer

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

So you have to pull a tire and a plastic wheel well cover just to see the battery? Plus is side mount so they'll come loose the moment you put the plastic cover back in place.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yep.

Based spot if I'm honest, I have been considering relocating my battery to the same spot so I have room to build a filter box for my turbo and intake.

Based if you're trying to replicate the crippling understeer of a Subaru or an Audi. Why do you think high performance cars run rear batteries?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's already in the same spot just higher up.
            Because high performance car owners don't want to put an engine crane in the boot like I do?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

None of my batteries sit past the front bumper like that. They're all inline with the engine almost touching the strut tower.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's because you have troonyverse turds lmao who gives a frick about battery placement when your engine is deliberately in front of the front wheels

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Understeer is for cucks.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I can assure you my car does not understeer regardless of the battery placement.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Based spot if I'm honest, I have been considering relocating my battery to the same spot so I have room to build a filter box for my turbo and intake.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah gotta love the battery getting submerged in water

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Is your battery not sealed then?

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yeah dumbass

?feature=shared

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>OH NO I HAVE TO REMOVE THE AIRBOX TO REPLACE THE BATTERY!>!!!!!
            >WHATEVER SHALL I DO
            So replace the air filter while you're at it lmao
            do wrenchies really?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I don't have any tools frickwit.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>doesn't even have a $5 "just in case" socket set
            >calls other people dumbass, moron and frickwit

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

wrenchlets, everyone

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

THAT is the "impossible" task you're terrified of?
            Little zoomer boy is afraid of 10 minutes of work and a few wrenches, that's fricking funny.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You're still morons who don't know how to give advice amd then become defensive
            >just push the car
            >just park in a clope bro
            >no mentioning that discharging damages the battery until 50 posts in
            >muhu you're dumb and refuse to take good advice
            Yeah you're dumb as frick

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

We give better advice than you are lol
            If you're so good at giving advice you would given yourself all the advice you needed and fixed your problems already LMAOOOOOoOOoOoooooooooooooooooooo

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I can walk out to my car, turn the key and it will start so who's the moron now?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You're a special breed of stupid if you think that only people that were here when the thread started can respond.
            I was the one that said your battery was cooked and that it can damage your alternator, and I'm the one calling you a pussy-fingered zoomer moron for being afraid of needing to wash your hands after doing a few minutes worth of work.

Here's a snake I found while disassembling the engine of my daily. Go get some dollar store wrenches and change your battery, it'll be good for you to learn something for once.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you had a totally fricked battery placement like

https://i.imgur.com/avxdSG7.jpeg

[...]
            Hold my beer

but jesus christ anon, that's piss easy. Have you never done any kind of work with your hands in your life?
            >I don't have any tools
            You don't need to be able to do a whole engine swap, but frick, anon. You cannot call yourself a man if you don't have at least a cheap ass ratchet and socket set for stuff like this.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>park up a slope
      I already told you I can't start, so how exactly do you figure I'd drive up a slope

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant after you bumped it. Once you got it running, find a slope and park it there to make it easier the next time.

If you haven't got a convenient slope you might have to push it to one. Hazards on. Put it in neutral, handbrake off and push with your shoulder on the A-pillar, one hand on the wheel. Just be wary, the steering will be very heavy as you'll have no power steering. You don't need a long steep hill to bump, a short steep or a long gentle are just as good. Anything where the car will roll on its own will do.

Why can't ask your neighbor again? If it's about the jumpers, just ask a passer by to help you bump. No equipment needed, if you got a note in your wallet offer them that.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

nah frick off, I'm buying a small jump starter like the pic, plenty of options

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Fair enough, best of luck to you.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You’re gonna get stranded and you deserve it.

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Walk to the store and buy a new fricking battery before you frick up your expensive alternator.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

sounds like your alternator is dying or is dead already, you are buying the wrong product to fix the problem.

get the car started and check the voltage with the engine on, if its lower than 14 volts, your alternator is done. stop being a wrenchlet and learn, that way you can afford to drive a nicer car by fixing shit yourself to save money.

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Have you considered purchasing yourself a battery charger?

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Then I let my car idle for 30 minutes and pressed the gas pedal a few times. But that was not enough charge. I couldn't start the car after I turned it off.

You've got more problems than a dead battery. That's plenty of charge to start a car. At the other anons said this is probably an alternator problem.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

if it was the alternator the car wouldn't even run, it would just die in a few seconds after the jumpers were removed. his alternator is fine, as evidenced that the car can idle just fine for 30 minutes on it's own.
      the battery is completely dead and will no longer hold a charge.

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Dumbasses. The car started fine before I had it sitting unused for 5 months. It's just an empty battery.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>left the battery connected for 5 months without recharge
      >calls others dumbasses
      Lmao
      Enjoy buying a new battery champ cause this puppy is COOKED

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Get a new battery tard

8. 2 weeks ago
    p

Daily reminder that new batteries are a scam. Buy a smart charger and you’ll never have to buy a new car again

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah cool story bruz, test this theory out by buying a battery from the scrap yard and see how your magical smart charger frees up all the crystallization

• 2 weeks ago
        p

Don’t tell me you fell for the junkyard battery decoy

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Get any old battery and see how magic your smart charger is

• 2 weeks ago
            p

That’s why they give a core refund when you return a decoy, so they can buy back the evidence

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It will be very easy for you to see for yourself anon, either try it or stfu.

• 2 weeks ago
            p

I have that’s how i know it works. New batteries is snake oil. Same with fuel stabilizer

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No you haven't.
            Go stick your smart charger on a thoroughly dead battery and report the results.

• 2 weeks ago
            p

Yes I have. I made a thread about it a few months ago, you can search it in the archives if you’d like to learn about something for once in your fancy little life

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What you took an old 50% health battery and brought it back to 70% health so now you think there's no such thing as a dead battery?
            Go find a properly dead battery anon, they're not hard to come by because nobody wants them.

• 2 weeks ago
            p

You mean decoy batteries? Why would I do that

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you sure are a cheap lazy defensive homosexual OP. are you a teenager?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Nah I'm not lazy at all, you all are just dumb as frick and don't know how to give advice. Frick off moron.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>the man who needs advice complains that the advice is not good enough and calls the advisor a moron
        If you're so smart why are you asking for the advice in the first place lmao

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>nooo my battery is too hard to replace
    >never once says what car it is because it's literally just a normal car and op is too fricking stupid to know how to swap a battery

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Man OP is a moron

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>can I use a powerbank for phones to charge my car battery

Holy frick

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Not charge, jump start, dumbass. Mini jump starters can also be used to charge phones and look like big powerbanks.

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

just replace the fricking battery you moron
    drive it to a fricking autozone or whatever the hell you have near you
    ask the guy for their sockets
    pull the b***h out, get a rebate
    then throw the new one in
    it's that fricking simple
    unless you're a fricking paraplegic, it's super fricking easy
    if you ARE a paraplegic, then the autozone kid will probably just do it for you

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'm only allowed to drive straight to inspection dumbass. I'm not even allowed to drive around to get the battery to charge. Hence why I just idled in the parking space.

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I love how you think the boomers had it so easy back then when you don't have the balls, skills or tools to change a fricking car battery. What a fricking useless generation lol.

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Take your battery out and take it to a battery store, ask if they can charge it for you. While you're there once it's charged, have them load test it. If it went flat and has been so for a while the plates probably sulfated and ruined the battery. Long term, get a battery tender type trickle charger. If you can't get a plug in one, get a solar one. Once a battery is charged, it doesn't take much to keep it that way. I use a 35W solar panel that is flush mounted to my truck canopy to keep my truck battery topped off. Haven't had a dead battery in years.
    If you have a stick and your alternator isn't dead and you're on a hill, you can bump start it. Bump starting on a flat is only easy if you have a four pot and a good running start. If you do get it started, check the voltage at the battery, you want to see at least 13 volts and slowly rising, if you do go on a highway drive for at least an hour. If you see under 12 then your alternator may also be shot or you don't have enough voltage available to excite the alternator if you have an older rig. If the latter is the case, fish out a 12V battery and connect it to the exciter wire. You'll know when the alternator kicks in since you'll hear the load.

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Op is ~14 years old

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Small and cheap has the minor drawback of not working worth shit but you do you.

t.mechanic

18. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you ran it for 30 minutes and it still won't hold a charge overnight the battery is done. The water inside may have evaporated so check that first and replace with distilled water if necessary, but if it's full you just have a dead battery thats cells won't hold a charge anymore. Bring the old battery in for a core fee and buy a new one.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *