Name a Westren vehicle you can buy brand new that has more soul than this. I'm waiting...

Name a Westren vehicle you can buy brand new that has more soul than this.
I'm waiting...

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

idk man that thing has some serious issues with drivetrain vibrations even when new.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>car gives you reasons to wrench it
      pvre sovl

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Thing being dog shit is good, actually!
        If you want to wrench your own car a lot, build your own

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

gonna /thread this thread nice and early

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Perfect vehicle to drive into an oncoming semi truck whenever you feel like joining the 41%

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The build quality on these is absolutely atrotious, not really surprising since they're like 10k euros now and literally made out of plastic and scrap metal

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Customers for those are either teens with a choice of moped or older people that do not have a licence to drive.
        £7,695 or so here or you can rent one for the price of a tank of gas.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It's like something I'd expect to come across while backpacking around India, but no it's just europoors living up to the name.
        I'm glad you people have finally embraced it.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/E218UPh.jpeg

He said western, you guys are fricking moronic

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I would rice the shit out of this, including but not limited to a giant Porsche whale tail.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>when some europoor is criticizing Americans with teslas, big crossovers, and obnoxious lifted trucks, THIS is what they’re driving

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

europes hellcat

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Brazen, anon…

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I yield

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just looks like the gay new bronco ford came out with

• 4 weeks ago
      James May

A lot of American crossovers have a degree of Lada influence. Modern Blazer and Trax are a development of the Niva Travel, just using what is readily available in Mexico for said models and having FWD as a base model. Bronco is both inspired by the older Bronco and some versions of the Niva Bronto (Bronto being a performance division). Niva inspiration is more apparent on the Mexican made Bronco Sport, since the Niva is a textbook low-cost offroad vehicle.

Excuse me for my poor English and explanation.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The Lada and its redesign into the Travel (2018 version) was a test for the Chevrolet crossovers to see if a "revitalization" would work.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Excuse me for my poor English and explanation.
        That was actually better English than 98% of the native speakers here are able to type.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Why thank you. I am an Amerilard, but today, I was speaking to my contacts in Russia, Hungary, Poland and Romania (discussion was in Russian).

Oftentimes, when I speak a Slavic language, I begin to drop articles after speaking English again.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Frick off ritter

• 4 weeks ago
            James May

Coincidentally, I also know Latin and German. Ritter is German for knight, so, if anything, it could be seen as a compliment.

That aside, I might try to import a car from either East Europe or Asia (not Japan) in the future. I honestly was thinking of a Mahindra Bolero or late model Armada, since by then it should be legal to import, as well as maybe a Niva.

• 4 weeks ago
            Trugg

Saird sik

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

gr8 b8

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It costs 10k USD fresh off the lot taxes included in Russia.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It took Ford 47 years to copy this classic then.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

A lot of American crossovers have a degree of Lada influence. Modern Blazer and Trax are a development of the Niva Travel, just using what is readily available in Mexico for said models and having FWD as a base model. Bronco is both inspired by the older Bronco and some versions of the Niva Bronto (Bronto being a performance division). Niva inspiration is more apparent on the Mexican made Bronco Sport, since the Niva is a textbook low-cost offroad vehicle.

Excuse me for my poor English and explanation.

Just looks like the gay new bronco ford came out with

You're all a bunch of morons with no knowledge of automotive history.

• 4 weeks ago
          James May

I know of the Harvester, but it is more comparable with the American made Bronco than the Mexican one.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>those wheels
    >soul
    The OEM steelies are way better.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Niva threads are way better than "gobbunism is butiful" threads by that busrider commiehomosexual. Here OP have your bump from me.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Aside for the OP, who is usually quickly forgotten bout in his own threads, they're fairly comfy threads.
      The Niva is okay, it is very crude and has a lot of shit I'm not completely on board with.
      The torque arms for example are mounted into a "torque box" of sorts that is made out of shitty tinfoil metal, those can take barely any abuse which the car most probably will see during offroading and are very prone to rusting, which further compromises their durability.
      The drivetrain is ehh at best, the tiny 1.6 litre engine pushing out a whopping 70 horsepower is underpowered for the AWD system, it can barely chug along and it lacks torque. Also drinks a lot of fuel, like 10 litres per 100km under normal driving conditions. Normal driving conditions for this thing is like doing 60kmh down the road, that's about 35 mph for yanks.
      At 55mph/80kmh it's a toss between 10 to 15 litres per 100km. That's about 20mpg ballpark guesstimate. Drivetrain vibrations are a thing because the whole thing is pretty much bolted straight to the body, there's barely any dampers or anything for the drivetrain, they didn't bother with any of that shit. Obviously you won't notice any of that on shitty roads, but honestly they aren't THAT bad, in mine you can notice the shifter and levers shaking when accelerating and driving, but nothing too major.
      All the gauges are ball park indicative at best, the interior is fairly solid, but also a bit cramped and has a slightly weird layout. Honestly can't ask for more in a car that small.
      Now all that aside and in its defense, it is pretty much the cheapest "off road" vehicle you can get in Europe.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>they're fairly comfy threads.
        Yeah, maybe, if you forget about the person who starts them or proceeds to post his moronic /misc/ shit but is unable to post his own car.
        >Now all that aside and in its defense, it is pretty much the cheapest "off road" vehicle you can get in Europe.
        Regarding the technical details of the Niva I'm always astonished how they were able to spend four or five decades without making any improvements or redesigns apart from some crudely retrofitted 3rd party modules like the airbag system, the aircon or the ABS. Then consider the Jimny, it's how much, 15 or 20k Euro new? Not the cheapest, but probably the closest to being one, and still a relatively modern car, not only a "vehicle", and a decent offroader too, maybe even better than the Niva.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yeah I'd say the Jimny is bettwr because it's proper body on frame, Niva is unibody and has solid axles front and back, Niva has independent front suspension.
          The Jimny is still more expensive than the Niva and I think they outright stopped selling them in Europe in like 2017 or some shit due to not passing emissions, but I could be talking pure shit here.
          The Russians never bothered upgrading the Niva because it was perfect from the start, it was supposed to be a simple shitbox for bumfrick nowhere poorgay masses and in my opinion it does exactly that perfectly.
          If you wanted a better car, you bought the jimny or went straight for a Jeep Wrangler or some shit like that.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>The Russians never bothered upgrading the Niva because it was perfect from the star
            No, it wasn't perfect, it was a (licensed) Fiat parts bin CUV. The infamous intermediate shaft for example is the legacy of having a passenger car gearbox not suited for the transfer cases, iirc. AvtoVAZ (what a moronic name) is de-facto state-funded, there's no reason at all for them to improve anything while the money still flows.
            They made another 5-door car also named Niva during joint venture with GM, though, and it was fun while it lasted. Formerly Chevy Niva, recently renamed to Niva Travel. Kind of modern, at least for the late 1990s. All nivagays say the car is decent and is at least on par with the original in regards to off roading. I know a guy who modded his to run on 35"s, fun shit.
            >in my opinion it does exactly that perfectly
            Not in the year 1980+44 and with access to semi-global market, I fear.
            >I think they outright stopped selling them in Europe in like 2017 or some shit due to not passing emissions, but I could be talking pure shit here.
            They released a new generation of Jimnys a few years ago and it looks like it made its way to Europe. I believe they were able to comply or to circumvent the regs somehow, I remember seeing them as two-seaters with a grating behind the front seats, maybe to call them something like a van or some other type of utility vehicle.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Why are American pickups not more common in Russia? It seems like the perfect place. Terrible roads, cheap fuel and long distances to travel between cities, similar to America.

Is it purely due to cost? If so, why not build the pickups in Russia?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Why are American pickups not more common in Russia?
            Too expensive to import for the average Ivan, too "low-status" for richgays.
            >If so, why not build the pickups in Russia?
            Might've been a worthwhile venture to explore prior to 2014, but now Vlad's too busy chimping out at his neighbors and getting sanctions out the ass, it's probably not happening for another 10-20 years.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

They were rather popular before new import/registration restrictions that came into force mid 2010s or so, and the common people became poorer again in 2014 (RUB became almost twice as cheap compared to USD and never recovered) thanks to Vlad. Speaking of common people (not richgays) who count money, the annual vehicle tax in Russia is based on the horsepower mostly, and the rate is way more expensive above 250 hp, but vehicles registered as light trucks get a different, linear lower rate. Among other things that changed for imports, it became harder to register crew cabs (most popular type) as light trucks, making the tax rate essentially the same as their SUV counterparts have, so a lot of people switched to the SUVs. Another thing that changed during the 2010s is that a lot of streets in Moscow essentially became toll roads for light trucks thanks to the Moscow administration.
            The UAZ Patriot has a pickup version, lol.

Too expensive to import for the average Ivan, too "low-status" for richgays.
            Might've been a worthwhile venture to explore prior to 2014, but now Vlad's too busy chimping out at his neighbors and getting sanctions out the ass, it's probably not happening for another 10-20 years.

>too "low-status" for richgays.
            How rich are we talking about? Because RAM trucks in top trims were and still are rather popular as a status symbol.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>How rich are we talking about? Because RAM trucks in top trims were and still are rather popular as a status symbol.
            I think their rich people mostly prefer to pretend that they're wealthy Europeans. So they buy expensive Audi and Mercedes cars.
            Someone's probably making a fortune smuggling them through Kazakhstan.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The Chevy Niva has the same axels and driveline as the original, but with a longer wheelbase.
            >designed as a Niva replacement, but AvtoVAZ can't afford to build more than a handful for 4 years
            >joint venture time, result is the Chevy Niva
            >turns out it was never designed to pass NCAP and can't be sold outside russia and a few neighbouring countries (oops)
            >GM still puts it in production, immediately forgets about it and so some russian dudes just kinda build these things for 18 years I guess
            >GM also holds the "Niva" naming rights for that period, hence the Taiga and 4x4 badging at AvtoVAZ
            >someone at GM realises what's going on, immediately sells the rights and tools back to AvtoVAZ in 2020
            >Nivas are sold as Nivas again and pretty soon after this facelift is released

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, thanks, my knowledge of them is limited. I recall from talking to the same guys that the axle was slightly different in the Chevy Niva, but I might be mistaken. The engine(s) were definitely different, this is the thing I'm sure of. Not sure about the gearbox/tcase.

https://i.imgur.com/xdTtvZI.jpeg

>it was a (licensed) Fiat parts bin CUV
            this is absolutely not a CUV

I mean the idea of a light offroader with BoF and utilizing car components, today we call them Crossover Utility Vehicles. The engine, most of the drivetrain, steering/suspension and other components came from the RWD VAZ passenger cars of the time like 2103 which was a license-built Fiat 124 iirc.

>How rich are we talking about? Because RAM trucks in top trims were and still are rather popular as a status symbol.
            I think their rich people mostly prefer to pretend that they're wealthy Europeans. So they buy expensive Audi and Mercedes cars.
            Someone's probably making a fortune smuggling them through Kazakhstan.

Some like to larp as Americans too or just like the traits their SUVs/trucks have. Tahoes/Escalades were pretty popular, there even were assembly plants in Kaliningrad and Belarus for those and for the Hummers. After the GMT900 generation Russian dealerships moved them entirely into the "toy for the richgays" segment, the only engine available for K2XX for example was the higher output/higher compression 6.2. I guess the idea behind that was if you want to pay higher hp taxes, you can just go all the way and if you are willing to spend that much, you can definitely afford premium fuel. I mean it's not the EU, 92 RON gas is still being sold everywhere.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>The engine(s) were definitely different, this is the thing I'm sure of. Not sure about the gearbox/tcase.
            They're all the same. I mean, sure, perhaps the classic Niva got the 1,7i+5speed a little later, I'm not that deep into it. But generally they just bolted the same driveline+axles under a different body. Which is nice because all the aftermarket stuff fits, and a curse because the new body is WAY heavier

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>it was a (licensed) Fiat parts bin CUV
            this is absolutely not a CUV

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you are correct, jimny's could only be bought as utility vehicles (2 seaters) because of the emissions. also why they are so expensive. that being said, i believe they are ceasing sales in eu this year

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>The Russians never bothered upgrading the Niva because it was perfect from the start

No that's simply not true. Niva went through many upgrades, changed the interior 3 times, changed engine from 1.6 to 1.7, changed carburetor to EFI, got air conditioning, power steering and power windows. Next year she will receive a Samara based belt-driven SOHC 1.6 engine and finally 16 valve DOHC 1.6 engine from modern fwd ladas instead of classic 1.7 lada SOHC

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>still doesn't have a 16v
            >two more weeks
            lmao

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

well honda didn't have a dohc v6 since the nsx up until recently with the new accord

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I mean having 16v in a Lada was something to be proud of in the nineties or so

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

well this engine is only new for the niva since it's from another lada
            the only advantage it should bring is maybe a bit more hp, torque and efficiency
            they are probably only going to put it in so they can sell it in germany and other countries again

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>took more than two decades to adapt existing engine to existing model
            >still not done
            If they fail at this, how can anyone say they are able to "upgrade" anything? I'm not even speaking of, god forbid, designing a new engine without external help.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'm sure Stellantis has something they can use.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Haven't you heard? 2022 happened, Renault pulled out of AvtoVAZ.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>god forbid, designing a new engine without external help

Just tell me, why would you create a new engine for ordinary econobox if you already have a good enough engine, and you're not limited by strict emissions regulation? I haven't seen yet the Japanese trying to throw away their 25 year old 1NZ.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Dude, you're talking about a Lada that costs a little over 10k USD. You will be surprised when you realize that the majority of europoor econoboxes just recently changed theirs 8v engines to 3 cyl turbocharged 16v due to emissions regulation.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The price is so low because the maker regularly receives gibs and other forms of aid from the government including prohibitive import regulations (another reason for them to not improve anything), and the labor is also cheap as dirt. In other words if you're in Russia, it doesn't actually cost that low for you.
            Also,
            >3 cyl turbocharged 16v

>god forbid, designing a new engine without external help

Just tell me, why would you create a new engine for ordinary econobox if you already have a good enough engine, and you're not limited by strict emissions regulation? I haven't seen yet the Japanese trying to throw away their 25 year old 1NZ.

>not wanting your engine to be more powerful
            >less thirsty
            >more robust
            A lot of Niva owners does, and they try to fix or improve things the manufacturer won't.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I didn’t say that the Niva is cheap for russians, but for Europe it's still very cheap

>>not wanting your engine to be more powerful
            >>less thirsty
            >>more robust

modern 3 cylinder turbo won't give you any of the above

also gearbox and transfer case will not withstand even 130-140 horsepower

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>but for Europe it's still very cheap
            I thought the sales in Europe were almost non-existent?

>modern 3 cylinder turbo won't give you any of the above
            How's that even relevant? Another anon, not me, wrote about the damned 3cyls, and I was responding to the post with the words
            >you're not limited by strict emissions regulation
            Please pay more attention.

>also gearbox and transfer case will not withstand even 130-140 horsepower
            Speaking of those much needed improvements...

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

America has no car freedom.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That thing is an ugly turd

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>soul == unchanged from the 80s
    sure
    if you're going to jerk off over ancient metal deathbox designs, at least choose some genuine western one
    calling any commie nonsense soul is silly because they didn't and still don't have much choice

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

From the 70s akshully

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>more soul

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Not only is this the most Soul you can buy new in 2024, it's also probably one of the cheapest things you can buy new in 2024.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Caterham 7

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

a wrangler

unironically

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>with BoF
    Meant unibody of course

14. 3 weeks ago