New Eclipse rumor to compete with Tesla

Supposedly the new Eclipse could be either ICE or EV and based of the 370 platform. Could this be a poor man's Tesla or ICE sportscaster? Mitsubishi was good at making reliable economy versions of vehicles to compete with Toyota, Honda, and their old arch nemesis, Subaru.

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 1 year ago
    Anonymous
  2. 1 year ago
    Anonymous

So it's a new Z except butt fricking ugly?

• 1 year ago
      Anonymous

Back end looks good tho

3. 1 year ago
    Anonymous

Thats literally just some random render stop making shit up

• 1 year ago
      Anonymous

You can't make something up thats only rumored to be in development.

• 1 year ago
        Anonymous

>Supposedly the new Eclipse could be either ICE or EV and based of the 370 platform
        Don't enable him (you)

4. 1 year ago
    Anonymous

>Poor man's Tesla
    Teslas are already poor man's luxury car.

5. 1 year ago
    Anonymous

im something of a car designer myself

• 1 year ago
      Anonymous

▲▲

• 1 year ago
        Anonymous

epic fail tien

6. 1 year ago
    Anonymous

Eclipse is just a shitty small SUV now.
    Everything is just a shitty small SUV now.
    Mitsubishi doesn't have the resources to make anything but shitty small SUVs.

• 1 year ago
      Anonymous

>Mitsubishi doesn't have the resources to make anything but shitty small SUVs.

They have the resources, but they'd rather make ductless mini-splits instead.

• 1 year ago
        Anonymous

yea, not even 1% of their sales come from cars. They even make the fricking key-fobs for other brands

7. 1 year ago
    Anonymous

>Mitsubishi
    >Nissan platform

8. 1 year ago
    Anonymous

They can’t just let things Rest In Peace can they? They have to bring everything back and make them 1000x worse

9. 1 year ago
    Anonymous

I know that Mitsubishi is now just reselling Nissans with some design changes, but that's just ridiculous

• 1 year ago
      Anonymous

This is just a roumour but Mitsubishi is working with Chevrolet to unload some old aluminium 4.2L DOHC L6 engines and 7 speed manual gearboxes, and old floor shifted transfer cases that were mothballed in the 90s will be made with ceramic bearings for high speed operation. The Z71 mirage will feature a 520Hp/420Lb ft engine with twin turbos and mivec to pull 0-60 in 3.8 seconds, 11.6 second 1/4 mile and 180 mph top speed. It features 12 inches of ground clearance in ralley mode and squats to 7 for pavement. Pulls 1.2G on the skidpad cause of the huge spoilers. Operates in RWD, 4wd and 4lo

• 1 year ago
        Anonymous

Would unironically save mitsubishi

• 1 year ago
        Anonymous

I wish this was true, but this almost seems like meth pipe rambling

• 1 year ago
        Anonymous

You fricking moron they are putting a single Turbo 2.4 4cylinder with only 8 pounds of boost into something resembling the eclipse cross and running it through an awd system. and it only has 8 inches of ground clearance, and it will be badged the Z28 cavilier in the states. Its going to have their moronic transverse AWD with front bias and either a 6 speed manual or the 10 spd automatic.

• 1 year ago
      Anonymous

The new Outlander is the only Mitsubishi with a Nissan powertrain. Every other model is 100%, including the upcoming PHEV Outlander.

10. 1 year ago
    Anonymous

It's sad that Mitsubishi is reduced to uglier rebadged Nissans and Renaults

• 1 year ago
      Anonymous

It's an improvement over what they've been making though. If they can borrow a Z that's probably the best they've done in 20 years

• 1 year ago
        Anonymous

The fact that they borrowed the Z platform kinda ruins the 400Z and makes it nothing special anymore.

• 1 year ago
          Anonymous

If you say so

• 1 year ago
        Anonymous

I know it's an improvement, that makes it even worse

11. 1 year ago
    Anonymous

>ICE or EV

So we know literally nothing about it and it is just a rumor with a cool CG rendering from a low angle to make it look more imposing but we all know that the real car if/when it comes out will probably look nothing like this?

Sign me the frick up! I miss the Eclipse. Always wanted one in high school. There is also a huge shortage of sporty 2-seater EVs with an affordable price tag.

12. 1 year ago
    Anonymous

this is the gayest car design ive ever seen. its embarrassing

13. 1 year ago
    Anonymous

looks like the cars they used in coin-op arcade games in the late 90s before auto manufacturers realized what godtier advertising it would be

14. 1 year ago
    Anonymous

$40k PHEV Outlander is the best fricking deal out there for a 3 row SUV. Interior looks good and frick what anyone thinks, Mitsubishi AWC pedigree is a bonus, frick Subaru.

EV Eclipse 2 + 2 sports car at an affordable price. Frick Mitsubishi if they don't do this. It'd be a hit. Shit, the fricking Mirage is a hit. None of the Mitsu dealers in my metro area have any left. An EV Eclipse qualifying for that $7500 federal subside could bring the price down to $25k like the Leaf.

15. 1 year ago
    Anonymous

Makese some sense. They've been sharing platforms with Nissan. Infiniti is soon going to be utilizing the FM ICE platform for it's more affordable cars and a new rear drive EV platform for the Q70 and QX70 replacements. I suspect a smaller version of that will go to Mitsubishi. IIRC that is what is expected to underpin the new Mitsubishi SUV too.

16. 1 year ago
    Anonymous

If a mirage can be a small and light as it is why can't other manufacturers make fun small economy cars?
    I thought they got bigger because of safety but that's clearly not the case

How cheap small and inexpensive could a car be in America? If the mirage had even else features and interior space

Leave a Reply to Anonymous Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *