1. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Why can't they just make it good?

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

ricers, women

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Cost cutting, if it was $35k+ they probably wouldn't sell as many.

2. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

brakes wore out before the end of the 1st track day
    the camaro is over a thousand pounds heavier than this thing, and the brakes last way longer than that. just another reason why a Camaro is the ultimate choice for enthusiast.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

I thought you can't see shit out of it. However I never had one myself.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Only thing you need to see is the finish line.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

you can see out of the front

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

I felt like I was drowning while driving one. Go rent one, they're awful
        t. 6'1"

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

The meme is real, I'm used to it from my cobalt coupe that had shit visibility as well but if you set up your mirrors correctly it's not an issue. It's even worse on the newer gen cars

>T. 2015 ss/rs owner

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Literally they're only real downside is Chevys godawful interior and exterior styling looking like a "cool" pair of early 2000s sunglasses

3. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>not using hood pins
    >don't be poor
    >homies really tuning na
    >homie get used to it
    >why are you using infotainment
    >using stock brakes for track

shiggy diggy

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

so:
      >cope
      >cope
      >cope
      >cope
      >cope
      >cope

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

if you have you put hood pins on a brand new car its clearly a piece of shit

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

go drive your nd miata gay boy and hope your transmission doesn't explode at autox. ill take fixable problems over major component failure any day

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

I don't even drive a miata but keep projecting schizo

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>just frick your hood up bro
      >I like to drive from station to station as if my 4 banger was a hellcat engine, just frick my shit up
      >I like to have no options
      >just take that wiener up your ass
      >I like to pay for shit electronics in a shit car
      >yeah bro just throw cash an it so it is actually drivable
      Yikes.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>I like to drive from station to station as if my 4 banger was a hellcat engine, just frick my shit up
        Bit melodramatic. 300 miles range on a sports car is very livable. Most EVs have 200 mile range

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>>don't be poor
      if you weren't poor you'd buy one of like a dozen cars in the $50-80k range that are better than the GR86 in every way

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>don't be poor
      If you're looking at a gr86 and not a gt4rs you're already poor.

4. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Fixable
    Don't care
    Not yet
    Don't care
    Idk if this is real or a meme
    Won't use it
    Cheap

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Electric power steering affecting road feel is definitely real. Few companies can get it right, and it sucks when it's done poorly. Makes the car feel like an arcade game, and you have to guess what the car is doing.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Within the context, the GT86 was up there with the best on EPS steering feel. It's a shame they went backwards on the GR, but it's no worse than a ND Miata, and it's better than an s2000. A shame, but not the end of the world.

5. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

You forgot the worst part

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Can you SHUT THE FRICK UP ALREADY. COPE HARDER YOU FRICKING homosexual. NO ONE CARS YOU DRIVE A BMW 318i.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Whats that? You want more memes?

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

You forgot the worst part

These samegay memes were never funny nor applicable to the car

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

You are just mad that the mass cancels out so you might as well get a heavier and faster car

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Mfw the benchracers are now using physics equations

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Not the other poster but anyone misinterpreting this to justify fat fricking cars is grossly underestimating the calculations behind this shit lol. I've done calculations that are several pages long before just based on a problem where a "car of mass M has acceleration in xy and velocity in xy". Also static and dynamic friction coefficients completely derail this shit. Not to mention the three values for acceleration acting in a car during a turning (gravitational, angular, and radial). Radial acceleration is what makes a fat fricking car fly off a track, your precious newton's 2nd works against this infographic in that regard. This is why race cars use big ass spoilers , to create DOWN FORCE without increasing mass. This way they can take advantage of added friction on the tires without worrying about radial (centrifugal) forces from added mass.
            T. Engineering student a few months from graduating

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

it's just a new forced meme, and a shit one at that

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Yeah it definitely looks like it was made by someone with similar knowledge to my own. Seems they are just making an obvious meme (the whole "mass cancels out" is a dead giveaway even for morons, if mass canceled out then we could race dump trucks with superior handling to anything on earth). I think he underestimates the intense levels of autism on here.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>14 second car is stuck in 13 second hell
      That's now how that works Anon.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Whats that? You want more memes?

[...]
      These samegay memes were never funny nor applicable to the car

There is no V6 Challenger that's faster or handles better than a GR86.
      https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2015-dodge-challenger-sxt-plus-first-test/

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

the GT RWD might come closer but I can't find skidpad figures for that. the GR86 comes standard with limited slip and no V6 Challenger does. Makes a huge difference in the skidpad figures.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

You have to over-tire the shit out of these pony cars to achieve the lateral grip an 86 pulls off on a fraction of the tire. Give an 86 a square 245 setup w/ a sport compound and it annihilates.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

It's much easier to put huge tires on a mustang than it is to make 300whp in a toyobaru

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>It's much easier to put huge tires on a mustang than it is to make 300whp in a toyobaru
            A $5k supercharger kit easily makes 300whp. You also have over 600lbs deficit on the mustang for the cherry on top. You'd have to strip the mustang down to bare metal to make that weight up which is an unreasonable modification to make.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

So's a turbo if you intend to daily.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I mentioned a supercharger and not necessarily. It actually doesn't hurt highway mpgs at all to run a supercharger, and the car is at no extra load in the lower rev range so reliability isn't an issue either. Truthfully the only downside to running a supercharger kit is the extra bit of maintenance and making sure you've got your tune dialled in. There's guys who have run superchargers for over 130,000miles on the fa20 which is a decent amount of miles even for NA. That to me isn't an unreasonable mod to do, it's just one that you have to decide whether it's right for you or not.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

The GR86 undoubtedly corners quicker than a car 1000 pounds heavier, but the fact is that the V6 Challenger, Camaro, or the Ecoboost Stang have more power and are more fun to drive as a result. A heavier but still balanced car means you get more positive cornering rotation with less throttle and the longer wheelbase means more control over that rotation. More power gives you more leverage.
            The limits are lower because the cars are heavier, so you get fun driving dynamics at lower speeds and don't need to drive at 11/10ths to experience it.
            there is more to a sports car than statistics.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Lol the mass cancels out

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

[1/2]
            >The GR86 undoubtedly corners quicker than a car 1000 pounds heavier, but the fact is that the V6 Challenger, Camaro, or the Ecoboost Stang have more power and are more fun to drive as a result.
            I'm don't think it's bizarre to feel the way you do, I think that heavier, higher powered cars have their place and their certainly their demographic but for me personally, there's nothing worse than feeling the heft of a car, much less a sports car. I'm aware you can over-tire heavier cars to alleviate some of that and in more expensive models magnetic ride does a lot, but one of the huge pros for the GR86 is the cheap consumables + wear and tear. That's tires, brakes, suspension etc.
            Something that I think makes people in the US gravitate towards the heavier cars with better power is your road infrastructure and topography. 70mph+ highways where you're meant to match the flow of traffic which apparently isn't unusual to go as high as 90mph. I know for my country, and Japan as well for example, 60mph is the average for most highways, and there is no flow of traffic discretion.
            There's also the aspect of many states in the US having pancake flat topography. In general, it's reasonable to assume that means less need to exercise speed caution and less annunciation of weight in typical driving. In other countries that typically have lower overall speed limits, and infrastructure that has to accommodate more dynamic topography, the acceleration and top speed aren't as relevant. In saying that though, I still think your sub-type of cars fits most people's wants and needs better. Most people just want a proficient auto, practical for typical real-world driving, and has cool styling which the cars you mentioned deliver on. The GR86 tries to provide a more enthusiast experience where developing driver ability is required to get the most out of it. Some people also like the underdog that doesn't use brute force to achieve its performance.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

[2/2]
            >A heavier but still balanced car means you get more positive cornering rotation with less throttle
            Balance absolutely plays a role for turn in and rotation, regardless of weight. No doubt.
            >the longer wheelbase means more control over that rotation. More power gives you more leverage.
            Longer wheelbases are indeed easier to manage.
            >The limits are lower because the cars are heavier, so you get fun driving dynamics at lower speeds and don't need to drive at 11/10ths to experience it.
            This is where my opinion differs a little. It will depend on what driving dynamics you like. For example, the longer wheelbase and increased weight make it less agile than the GR86. You also won't be able to carry as much speed through the corners which you see as a pro, I see it as a con. You don't even necessarily need to drive it at 10/10ths to benefit from that either, it just gives you more wiggle room and a greater feeling of control.
            >there is more to a sports car than statistics.
            I agree otherwise the GR86 would be shit

6. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

hood flutter happens on the 1st gen too

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

jfc even my shitbox doesn't get hood rattle at 140kmh. pathetic

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Your shitbox doesn't have an aluminium hood

7. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>Cheap rwd brand new
    Still going to get one

8. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>this homosexual starts talking
    >skip ahead
    anybuddy else?

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

No.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Hate him. When he talked about the E60 M5, a car I know very well, he said nothing at all correct. He perused Wikipedia and maybe a forum and then talked like he knew stuff

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Yea hes always spouting bullshit. Hate his fricking laugh too and his forced jokes

No.

That's because you're a homosexual too

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

really? as someone interested in an e60 at the time, watched the video and didnt hear anything i didnt already know from forum trawling. what did he frick up?

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

I like Jack tbqhwyfamily

9. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

brakes wore out before the end of the 1st track day
    yea because they're the impreza brakes that are designed for the street, not the track. If you track the car you get track pads. Thats an easy 150 dollars you could spend to upgrade.

10. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>>no tuning solutions
    the cars only been out for a few months, it took a similar amount of time before tuners had actual access to the ECU.
    Those early supercharger kits on 2013 and 2014 were notoriously unreliable and responsible for a lot of overheated engines due to oil cooling being an afterthought.
    >Forget about forced induction
    because there aren't any dedicated kits yet. The same goes with BRZ/FRS exhausts, those were all made with the 2L in mind and not the 2.4 meaning there could be losses in performance using them if they aren't optimized for the new exhaust or intake flow.

11. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Don't care, still buying one. No, I don't want a BIG GAY CAMARO or a FAT moron MUSTANG

12. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>Hood flutter at 85mph+
    Haven't heard anybody else mention that before but none of my public roads have speed limits anywhere near that
    >Worse fuel economy than a mustang gt
    It kind of annoyed me that it has the same fuel economy as an s2000 which Mark fricking owns but they didn't bother to mention it.
    >No tuning solutions
    It's new
    >Forget about forced induction
    There's already a bunch of kits waiting on ecu tuning
    >EPS changes make steering feel worse than last gen
    So still better than an s2000
    >Infotainment crashes all the time
    Not that big of a deal considering it's simple and you don't have to interact with it much
    >stock brakes wore out before the end of the 1st track day
    This shocks nobody. It's a street pad for street driving as is the fluid. There's a reason they included brembos as a performance package option later for the 1st gen.

13. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

It amazes me they didn’t offer Brembos as an option. Gotta save something for future models I guess.

14. 2 years ago
    Panda5

I don't fricking care about any of that.
    Can it hold a powerslide at low-medium speeds, or not?

15. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>>"forget about" forced induction
    HKS has a supercharger kit already in the works for the GR86

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Exactly. HKS already claimed 400hp on their Instagram. In saying that mark and jack consulted CSG for a lot of their info and I know those guys don't like to say what could be, just what currently is which is respectable enough.

16. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>install aftermarket ecu and redo wiring and forge the motor and add a turbo

fixed

17. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

im too moronic to make a turbo manifold I need a kit this car sucks

18. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

P sure there's no fi ATM because the ecu hasn't been cracked yet you double Black person

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *