>NOOOOOO YOU CAN'T TOW WITH A UNIBODY YOU NEED A HECKIN' BODY-ON-FRAMERINO!

>NOOOOOO YOU CAN'T TOW WITH A UNIBODY YOU NEED A HECKIN' BODY-ON-FRAMERINO!

Do truggers ever get tired of being wrong?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Literally no one ever said you can't tow with a unibody...

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why would you when a Ram 1500 is capable of towing twice as much without stance nationing the rear tires?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

my hecking wheelgapperinos...

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Truckolds will literally never admit that their rolling compensation devices are complete unnecessary. They’ll do insane mental gymnastics to justify their leased monstrosity that they used to haul three bags of mulch from Home Depot one time. Including making up stories about needing to haul steel beams or towing their massive yacht.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Dodge trucks can’t haul steel beams

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Inside job

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

No, because they’re too stupid to think about things rationally in the first place.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Literally no one has ever said this you just made up some strawman to argue with as a cope for not having a superior tow machine I do truck shit all the time with my shitbox but I'm not going to sit here and cope that hauling a bunch of mulch wouldn't be vastly superior with a truck bed

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

last week this was 'nooo you cant tow with a car' - now it's unibody can't tow
    make better bait threads op

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Why do you post this soulless abomihation of a dwelling? Where I live buildings of such designs are used only as property for rent.

7. 2 weeks ago
    s10fag

who said anything about towing?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Damn. That must do some serious rock crawling.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

more like wiener crawling for DICKS up the BUTT because the (small penised) TRUCKOLD owner in your photo is COMPENSATING and is also gay

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

yikes
          homophobia is NOT okay

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Half the cars at the track are towed with a unibody on an open trailer. A truck is only required for an enclosed. I see mavericks Ridgelines and other things these idiots shit on tow a car 1000 miles 1 way regularly as they just take theirs to Costco

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Maverick tows 4k with the towing package, Ridgeline tows 5k. How many people are honestly pulling more than that? There are out there, but I guarantee you it's way under 10% of privately-owned half-tons that ever towed more than that.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

What I don't understand is why the Americans towing a backhoe or mini excavator don't just tow them with a dump truck. I mean those things are just like 2+2. So you tow your equipment to site and now you have to send/call for the actual truck.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Who tf is taking dirt out at jobs? It’s free dirt and it just goes either back in the hole you made or in a corner of the property.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>HURR it's just dirt it's all the same
            >Just push it in the corner

Stay behind your desk please.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah you don’t just throw out dirt moron, if you are digging water lines or foundations most of it goes back in the hole when you are done. Better to just use the rest for grading rather than trucking it out to go sit in a random field where it is no longer your dirt.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

ask me how i know you don't own land.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

dump trucks require a CDL
          still a pretty common tow vehicle for dirtwork bros

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>dump trucks require a CDL

Makes sense. I guess in my country by the time you get your license for an F-350 you can drive anything up to 12 tons gross vehicle and there is no legal literature setting the tow limits.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>by the time you get your license for an F-350
            ahahahah

4k is near useless
            the weight of a steel enclosed trailer + what ever you put in it + some safety factor makes for not a ton of utility

I just looked up a car hauler trailer from uhaul and they list empty weight as 2200lbs

I'm sure they overexaggerate the weight slightly for a safety factor but trailers in America are a lot heavier than they are in Europe. Another thing people don't take into consideration on shit like travel trailers is the dry weight vs the loaded and ready to go camping weight. It may be 2500lbs dry but by the time you load it up it may be close to 3500lbs or more which is now exceeding your safe tow limit. This is also why you should never be towing at the vehicles tow limit. This is why people just but a half ton, so they don't have to stress over towing a small trailer.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>let's take a decent road car and modify it to be a shitty offroader
            Never understood the appeal of such conversions honestly. They lose most of the good stuff and for what?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

4k is near useless
        the weight of a steel enclosed trailer + what ever you put in it + some safety factor makes for not a ton of utility

I just looked up a car hauler trailer from uhaul and they list empty weight as 2200lbs

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Anybody who tows a project car or track car is gonna be over the Maverick's 4k and likely over the Ridgeline's 5k once you add in tools, spare wheels/tires, other track supplies (EzUp, cooler full of drinks, chairs), etc.

I do think the 7,500ish ratings of modern midsize trucks are adequate for the vast majority of normal people though.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

How much do you think an EZUP, cooler, and chairs weighs?

How much do you think a set of wheels weighs?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

At least 50lb for the EzUp, more like 80 if it's a big one. Probably 20 or so for chairs. At least 50 for a loaded cooler. At least 120 for Miata-sized wheels and tires, more like 150+ for bigger cars. 100 for floor jack+ tools. You're looking at 300lbs of stuff minimum and then adding that to a car+trailer that's gonna be almost 4k on its own with a small car and lightweight aluminum trailer. You'll probably put a lot of that stuff in the bed and not on the trailer but combined with tongue and passenger weight you're then stretching the payload and these vehicles aren't designed to handle max payload AND max trailer weight at the same time, and it's especially bad because most unibodies are FWD-biased AWD and you're shifting all the weight onto the rear.

A Ranger or Colorado basically costs the same as a Maverick or Ridgeline, is only a few mpg worse, and has plenty of headroom to manage these loads.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i put a bullbar on my falcons and tow with them alot not issues for over 30 years
    ive seen more full body on frame with damage than unis lol!

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Truck is 100% small pp energy unless your name is Juan and you actually do hard work.

But guess what, that ain't you because Juan has better shit to do than shitposting at DA.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Truckoids suffer:

>Outclassed by SUVs driven by soccer moms
    >Afraid of driving fast cars because they are too insecure to be close to the ground

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Who are you quoting?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

kek, can't wait to see that piece of shit under 10' of water at the ramp
      i hope someone posts the ramp fail vid to youtube

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

MAGA folks keep buying RAMs and F150s, but real MAGA is picrel. That's the America we want back.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You can keep that polished toaster but the boomer hearse is breasts/10.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

basically this

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You do understand old full size sedans were basically just trucks? The last true sedan, the panther body family, was body on frame, with a v8 and actual rear leg room. I don’t give a frick about truck discourse, but the modern sedan is a distinctly more ‘specialized’ vehicle than its predecessors, designed to hit fuel efficiency targets.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I know that movie

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

a good DA movie

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Black person, you're gay. Here's the unmolested pic.
      Check your ass for AIDS btw.

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Daily reminder that you can just rent any size truck up to a massive box truck to do truck stuff, can put a tow hitch on any vehicle and haul a cheaply rented trailer, and can even tow your own car for cheaper than a tow truck will if you rent a truck and tow trailer.

Literally no one needs to personally own a truck, they're for morons and actual farmers.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You know this is an American board and thread right? Most small vehicles aren't rated to tow anything in North America so no you can't just pull up to a hitch shop and have one installed. Also renting shit is not cheap and it is a massive pain in the dick. Why go through that charade every weekend when I can easily just use my truck then use it to run errands right after?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Literally no one needs to personally own a truck, they're for morons and actual farmers.
      Literally no one needs to live in a house when pods are available
      Literally nobody needs to eat good whole food when bugs are available

fricking kys

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

true to most extent, what people actually need is a wagon or a maverick-type ute to do light duty work, and then rent a truck for anything heavy duty

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The unibody was never the problem, it's that they were generally paired with shitty engines/transmissions until recently.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They're still shitty. A ZF has no business towing anything.

true to most extent, what people actually need is a wagon or a maverick-type ute to do light duty work, and then rent a truck for anything heavy duty

What the shit is the point of that when you can just drive a truck?

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I like my trugg because I can throw garbage in the back and it just blows out on the highway and I never have to worry about it again.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You're a piece of shit.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Beep beep try and stop me. I will not buy an egg car I will not buy an EV.

>tower climber

How much cocaine do you do on a daily basis?

None any more, I dont like the headaches. Now its just nic and caffeine in different forms until its bedtime.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Stop you? It doesn't affect me. You're a piece of shit. That's all there is to it. It doesn't go any further, there's nothing else to it. You're a piece of shit, the end. You're going to live your life being a piece of shit and then you're going to die as a piece of shit. It is as simple as that.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I also drive a straightpiped overfueled diesel and take construction signs to use as skid plates. I'm literally your worst nightmare. Because I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>tower climber

How much cocaine do you do on a daily basis?

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You're moronic, nobody ever says this. You're just making shit up to get (you)'s you dumb homosexual.

18. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That's probably ok for shorter weekend trips, but I wouldn't like to haul it all the time like that

19. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Can you actually live inside a trailer like that? On the road? Seems pretty cool.

20. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The same way you don't need a minivan/van to haul people around, or you don't need a race car to have fun on a track, you don't need a big body on frame truck/suv to tow, but there's a certain satisfaction of using the right tool for the job

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *