Okay?

Okay DA, it's the time to buy a new car. I had my mum's old Dacia Logan and it kicked the bucket on me on the highway. Fricking horrible experience. I have saved up almost 37k for a car. These are my most important things that a car needs to have:

1.reliability
2.fun to drive
3.no SUV, crossover, compact SUV, whatever

So far I'm looking at Corolla and Civic but I'm leaning towards the Civic because I've read some threads from the last days that the Corolla, while incredibly reliable, isn't that fun to drive. I've also looked at Mazda 3, forgot to mention it.

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You live in Europe, right? Get a Skoda. They're basically VWs with clever design and reliability.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah, I'm europoor. The thing that annoys me here is the price of the Civic. Brand new OTD for 35k jesus fricking christ, americans have it nice. a friend recommended me the Octavia. Any other models I should look at?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I'd get a Superb if I could find one for that money but it's a quasi-luxobarge, Octavia is probably a better choice for you and it still has Skoda quirks like the umbrella in the door like a Rolls Royce.
        Skodas are some of the most reliable in the VAG group.
        Also there's this bragworthy video from it, keeping up with its VAG cousin:

He's not Turkish, or Albanian.

kek

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Late 90s manual prelude or celica. Preludes are dirt cheap in germany.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

e39 530d

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

37k dollaridoos for a Civic wtf

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah, it's a fricking joke. They're extremely expensive in Europe.

Correct and fricking kek

I'd get a Superb if I could find one for that money but it's a quasi-luxobarge, Octavia is probably a better choice for you and it still has Skoda quirks like the umbrella in the door like a Rolls Royce.
      Skodas are some of the most reliable in the VAG group.
      Also there's this bragworthy video from it, keeping up with its VAG cousin:

[...]
      kek

Well shit, they have a new Octavia coming but I can get an older model for 25k, diesel, manual, seems pretty good. How fun are they to drive? I don't expect a diesel to be nippy.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>older model for 25k,
        Older model but new car? Those tend to be great deals.
        What diesel? I find it interesting there's a 2.0 TDI that does 85 kW, 300 Nm and another that does 110 kW, 340 Nm. Maybe the difference is a repro.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

From the Czech Skoda forum:
          >From what I found out, both the 85 kW and 110 kW are the same engines, only the software differs. This is also indicated by the chip values - both engines from companies such as Cimbu or BSR chip at 145 kW and 400 Nm. Before ordering I had an O1 1.9 TDi 81kW chipped to 96kW. So I knew from the beginning that whether I buy 85 or 110 kW, the car will still go to the chip. So I ordered 85 kW, because this engine was 50,000 cheaper in the price list. The chip is a bit of a problem now, because I have new ŘJ hardware and no company can get into it yet. I have a 2023 model year. But it's only a matter of time. So now I drive with the original 85 kW. The car drives nicely, compared to the O1 it is "stronger" at low revs, but after exceeding 2,500 revs the car does not perform as well as the O1 did for me. I agree with the opinion above that it is OK for highways and quiet driving, but for acceleration when overtaking off the highway, a few extra horses would be useful. So if I didn't count on the chip when I bought a new Octavia, I would go up to 110 kW. And not only because of performance, but also diesel consumption. I had a 110 on loan to Croatia and it took almost a liter/100 km less than my 85 takes on a comparable drive.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

From the Czech Skoda forum:
          >From what I found out, both the 85 kW and 110 kW are the same engines, only the software differs. This is also indicated by the chip values - both engines from companies such as Cimbu or BSR chip at 145 kW and 400 Nm. Before ordering I had an O1 1.9 TDi 81kW chipped to 96kW. So I knew from the beginning that whether I buy 85 or 110 kW, the car will still go to the chip. So I ordered 85 kW, because this engine was 50,000 cheaper in the price list. The chip is a bit of a problem now, because I have new ŘJ hardware and no company can get into it yet. I have a 2023 model year. But it's only a matter of time. So now I drive with the original 85 kW. The car drives nicely, compared to the O1 it is "stronger" at low revs, but after exceeding 2,500 revs the car does not perform as well as the O1 did for me. I agree with the opinion above that it is OK for highways and quiet driving, but for acceleration when overtaking off the highway, a few extra horses would be useful. So if I didn't count on the chip when I bought a new Octavia, I would go up to 110 kW. And not only because of performance, but also diesel consumption. I had a 110 on loan to Croatia and it took almost a liter/100 km less than my 85 takes on a comparable drive.

Oh an a few posts later there's this guy claiming the turbos make a difference (it was a thread asking about how much power the clutch could take):
          >Hello. I was also wondering if there was the same clutch and I compared two Octavia IVs, the first was a 2.0 TDI 85kw, engine: DTRD, the second was a 2.0 TDI 110kw engine, engine: DTTA and according to the ETKA catalog there is the same clutch, or same part number. What was the difference was the turbo, there the part numbers differed.
          So maybe it's not just the software.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

2.0 TDI 85kW 115HP. It's the Octavia MK4 they have left in stock as I can't place an order to configure a new one because the Mk5 is in the making.

Miata

Nice choice but I'd like some more room. I might look into the retractable top model.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'd say go for it, at that price it's a steal.
            >Miata
            Consider the Fiat 124 version, it's basically the same with better looks and performance.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Thanks for the input. I'll probably go to the showroom next week and check it out.

Literally just get a low-tier beemer at that point.

Why? How good are they? How reliable are they? I see a BMW at every corner in this shit hole, most of them old as frick, probably the 4th or 5th owner.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Also for reference a good repro is about €800-900 and it will bring more ponies to your stable, not sure if it voids the warranty though.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Literally just get a low-tier beemer at that point.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>just get a derelicte money pit at that point

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Miata

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

GTI
    The Mazda 3 is a very nice car. Test drove one but didn't have the opportunity to really hoon it so don't know how it really performs.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

ceed / proceed

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>kia
      You can literally start those with a flat screwdriver

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

you can't compare europeans models with US trash

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous