Safety regulations are retarded

>old cars are unsafe
>look at this crash test of an old car with a new car. The driver of the old car would have died
>see, that's why you can't sell a sub-1000kg shitbox anymore. you just can't
Meanwhile, this is what happens when any morcycle collides with a car.

How can anyone justify safety regulations while motorcycles are road legal? If I want to drive a deathtrap, why can't it have 4 wheels?

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>motorcycles are dangerous, so everything else should be just as dangerous

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>should be just as dangerous
      What I'm saying is: motorcycles are ALLOWED TO BE dangerous, so everything else should be ALOWED TO BE just as dangerous.

Auto makers can make a crossover with lots of crumple zones so Karen feels like her kids are safe. They can make an SUV with massive ground clearance and skid plates for guys who go off-roading. They can make gigantic trucks for guys with small dicks. They can make econoboxes for wagies. But they can't make a lightweight car for enthusiasts, because it's "unsafe".
      Why is a motorcyclenallowed to be so unsafe? As far as I know, it's because it is broadly understood that people ride motorcycles for fun, while cars are a means to an end. You need a special licence to drive them that proves you know how not to have a nice day.
      So let's do the same thing for sports cars. If you wan't to drive one, you need to get a license that teaches you how to drive a car with little to no safety features without dying. And manufacturers could sell cars beholden to safety regulations similar to the ones governing motorcycles. Same with noise amd emmisions.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

nobody reading that shit lmfao

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>t. illiterate

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

but i read it and i'm moronic, what's your excuse

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

it’s okay tyrone. not everyone knows how to read or come up with a proper argument. 😀

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Agreed.
        We literally let violent Black folk out on bail, but to import an automobile you have to jump through newer and tighter regulatory hoops?

Cars have shitty emmissions regulations, but it doesn't matter if you drive 1km a year, or literally perpetually

No seatbelt warning chime is unsafe, but I can stuff my mouth full of seed oils and sugar and clog up the emergency room (I am an undocumented illegal and they cannot refuse me medical treatment and I simply don't pay bills)

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Realistically there is no way to make a 500lb bike safe when it has to share the road with 3000lb+ cars. Restraints, airbags, none of it makes sense on bikes anyway. And bikes are such a small proportion of vehicles that it doesn’t make much sense to focus on.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I can blow off my head with a shotgun legally, so why can't I drive without my seatbelt?!

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>I can blow off my head with a shotgun legally
      That's quite illegal actually

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>That's quite illegal actually
        So, the people that survive suicide attempts, do they get charged with anything?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

unlawful discharge of firearm

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

No. It's so insurance companies can avoid payouts via their no suicide clause.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yes. And the punishment is usually the chair.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just because motorcyclists don’t value their lives doesn’t mean the rest of us don’t. And for those who don’t, you can always drive a car from the 1980s or prior.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Those cars are disappearing. You can only fix or take car of one for so long before its to expensive for a normal person to enjoy.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>you can always drive a car from the 1980s or prior
    Right now is the tail end of that being realistic. 80s cars are getting rare and expensive.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>order a chassis and some body panels from a catalogue
    >put a junk yard motor in it
    >have your very own lotus 7
    >can even register it for road use in most places
    >generally very cheap
    >no one does this for some reason

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>most places
      AFAIK, in the EU it has to conform to the regulations of the year the chassis was made.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>>no one does this for some reason
      too much effort for 99.999% of people. they just want a car that works and doesn't need to be fricked with and has all the modern amenities like bluetooth and heated seats and AC

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Meanwhile, this is what happens when any morcycle collides with a car.
    It's assumed you're forfeiting any semblance of safety or right to life when you choose the motorcycle.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>can anyone justify safety regulations
    It's the law that cars have to have safety shit to be sold. If it was optional hardly anyone would tick the box.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>the airbag is invented
      >all auto manufacturers start including airbags in their cars
      >the government makes it mandatory since everyone is doing it
      >the three point harness is invented
      >everyone adds three point harnesses to their cars
      >government makes it mandatory since everyone is doing it anyway
      generally government regulation follows industry practice. not the other way around.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Maybe 50 years ago, now it's more like
        >Upgrade to the PREMIUM safety subscription package for only 399.99 a month! Includes driver airbag operation as standard and passenger airbags for only 49.99 each!

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I don't fully agree with what he says but you are proving his point. That is 100% an industry led trend.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

not true, they all lobbied as hard as possible against making airbags mandatory
        https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1985-02-19-mn-546-story.html

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Thank God that was a Sable, and not a Grand Marquis.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

it's a Buick LeSabre

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

blind moron

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

this is why I think SxS vehicles should be road registerable. at worst, they're as safe as a motorbike

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You are right to a point, but some regulations are beneficial. A properly equipped biker is safer than a naked man driving with no seatbelt, even in a modern car, and also safer than "your legs are a crumple zone" vehicles like VW bus.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

why are we trying to protect people from themselves again?
      the answer must be something different from any form of "to preserve taxpayer life"

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Why is that an invalid argument?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

i was implying that there really isn't any reason for safety stuff to be mandatory other than to extract as much money as possible from taxpayers.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>there really isn't any reason for safety stuff to be mandatory other than to extract as much money as possible from taxpayers.
            If you’re a politician, yes, plus you need to appear to be “doing something” to make the country better. Given the prevalence of insider trading I firmly believe that 99% of members of congress are motivated by nothing but money.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

it's protecting people who want to be safe from corpos that want to save money. not having seatbelt regulations doesn't mean you get to choose to not have them, it means new cars don't have seatbelts.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because domestic car corporations want to keep superior foreign vehicles out of our markets. They lobby to bloat vehicles because they can sell them at a higher profit point when there's more shit added.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

because the big nose clan would sell you the most unsafe deathtrap possible (like they did before crash regs came in).

many companies were still using 70s designs when the regs came in late 90s early 2000s and the crash tests from the period really show the difference. You can look up Rover 100 crash test to see this.

the other thing is that its completely possible to build a modern car that weighs little.

A modern MX5 weighs the same as the original 80s model. The original Toyota aygo from 2005 weighed only 890kg. Even the much more usable MK3 MX5 was only 1150kg with the power hard top.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *