Should I get a big boy car? I'm 33, and have never really brought a proper car.

Should I get a big boy car?

I'm 33, and have never really brought a proper car. You know like a modern car actual adults buy, where they finance it and make repayments and look like respectable members of society. It makes people (and women) think they are functional and attractive individuals.

I've had like maybe 15 cars in my life. Spent a few grand max on every one. Totalled a few, scrapped a few, sold some. My current car is a 2005 Honda fit. Drives fine, cost me 3k.

Will getting a big boy car improve my life? I'm kinda getting embarrassed to still be driving jap import shitboxes.

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Buy a built K20 and swap it and never grow up instead.

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

No. Buying a car you have to finance, that represents literally months if not years of your earnings, makes you a slave to it. Suddenly you become afraid of shopping carts, gravel, low hanging tree branches, you name it. Heaven forbid you get a scratch or ding. You find yourself slowing down for railroad tracks because blowing a shock is a concern, or slowing way down on for an empty rainy corner lest you risk the wrath of a curb. You feel compelled to spend more on maintenance than you think you should, because even though that belt looks okay, -you just never know.- Your insurance is higher. You're paying interest, mostly, for the first couple years of payments. You barely own the thing but it sure seems to own you.
    If youfind that you don't love the car after a couple months you won't be able to justify changing. You can't lose more than a couple hundred bucks swapping from one running shit box to the next, but that "big boy car" lost 30% the day it rolled off the lot and realizing that loss is too painful.
    So now you're stuck in a car you don't love, that you're too afraid to really enjoy driving, and you've already spent the money that could be put toward improving the car, or buying another, or on something non car related that makes you happy.
    Don't do it man. Reject the automaker and the dealer and the bank's marketing. Embrace the shitbox. Love the shitbox. The shitboxes love you, and the moment they don't the next one is only a paycheck or two away.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Those are all great points, but I want a gf and feel like riding round in some shitheap I angle ground the door panels out to screw in 6x9s is kinda detracting from my prospects

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

destroying your car for aftermarket speakers is Black person-tier moronic, you don't deserve a non-hoopty let alone a nice car

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Maybe step up to a nicer tier of shitbox then. Girls want to see you in shiny (spent an afternoon polishing/waxing anything that's not rusted out and job done) and reliable enough to not mean missing out on things (keep up on maintenance, don't run shit you know ain't right until failure. Change the squeaky bearing, replace the battery before it completely won't start, etc.) But they'd rather be with Chad with a nice enough, paid off car and cash in his pocket than someone who's already spent his next paycheck leasing some flashy new car.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

no, financing sub-50k cars is actually a sign of financial irresponsibility especially if they're new and you're getting an APR above 5%
    even then, if your car isn't expected to appreciate in value and you don't NEED one right now then it's generally a bad decision regardless

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You talk like a gay and your shit's all moronic.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You will be a respectable member of society when you lose the unnecessary sexism and not by buying something to showoff like a c**t
    A personal vehicle is meant to take you from one place to another so never forget that

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

20 k will get you pic.
    Nobody (other then law enforcement) will ever speak to you again.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This is a different phenomena all together. This car is the equivalent of putting 6'8 and pictures of some jacked dude on your dating profile. Totally fine if that is actually you, the problem is when you show up 5'9 and not jacked. You can drive a gigachad car and it WILL get you laid but you actually have to be somewhat gigachaddy to pull it off

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

4chins is the worst place to ask this type of question. It's filled with crabs in a bucket mentality homosexuals like

no, financing sub-50k cars is actually a sign of financial irresponsibility especially if they're new and you're getting an APR above 5%
        even then, if your car isn't expected to appreciate in value and you don't NEED one right now then it's generally a bad decision regardless

No. Buying a car you have to finance, that represents literally months if not years of your earnings, makes you a slave to it. Suddenly you become afraid of shopping carts, gravel, low hanging tree branches, you name it. Heaven forbid you get a scratch or ding. You find yourself slowing down for railroad tracks because blowing a shock is a concern, or slowing way down on for an empty rainy corner lest you risk the wrath of a curb. You feel compelled to spend more on maintenance than you think you should, because even though that belt looks okay, -you just never know.- Your insurance is higher. You're paying interest, mostly, for the first couple years of payments. You barely own the thing but it sure seems to own you.
        If youfind that you don't love the car after a couple months you won't be able to justify changing. You can't lose more than a couple hundred bucks swapping from one running shit box to the next, but that "big boy car" lost 30% the day it rolled off the lot and realizing that loss is too painful.
        So now you're stuck in a car you don't love, that you're too afraid to really enjoy driving, and you've already spent the money that could be put toward improving the car, or buying another, or on something non car related that makes you happy.
        Don't do it man. Reject the automaker and the dealer and the bank's marketing. Embrace the shitbox. Love the shitbox. The shitboxes love you, and the moment they don't the next one is only a paycheck or two away.

who want you to be as poor as miserable as them. They think they figured out some secret hack that "le normies" are too brainwashed to see, when in reality basically everyone who is normal enjoys a nice new car.
        They're the first to hate on your BMW or Lexus or whatever, while driving crapboxes, with a false sense of superiority.
        >muh I fricked a trailer trash fent addict obese goblino in my 1992 honda civic
        No one cares, that's not what the discussion is about.
        I got pussy in college when I didn't own a car, go figure, life is not about the car you own.
        >This car is the equivalent of putting 6'8 and pictures of some jacked dude on your dating profile. Totally fine if that is actually you, the problem is when you show up 5'9 and not jacked.
        A car isn't a reflection of your appearance or personality though, so I'm confused what you mean by this.
        Yeah people snicker and laugh about ugly people who drive flashy loud cars or manlets who drive lifted trucks or moms who drive massive SUVs to target... but at the end of the day, there are skinny Bay area Asian liberals in dodge challengers and there are redneck whites from rural Alabama who drive BRZs... People generally should not give a shit about fitting or not fitting a stereotype.
        Insecurity is buying a car to compensate for your appearance or personality, but it can also be in the form of being too scared to buy a certain car because you're afraid of what people think of you.
        Just be genuine, if you find something fun and interesting, go for it.
        If you genuinely don't like flashy sports cars, don't get one for women, because women can't tell the difference between a Prius and a Porsche.
        It won't hurt, but it won't help either.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>A car isn't a reflection of your appearance or personality though
          of course it is. What an asinine take from someone who clearly doesnt care about cars.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What about people with multiple different cars
            Or people who buy cars like they buy tools (without intent of bragging about them here)

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I have no idea what youre moronicly trying to imply here

If you buy beat up work trucks to actually use them, thats absolutely reflective of your personality.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Sad, I thought you were more intelligent.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Well it shouldn't be, is what I'm trying to say.
            You don't have to be a big, aggressive, and loud person to like straight piped Mustangs (if we can correlate this car with that personality).
            You just have an interest in a certain type of car and go for it. You shouldn't need to fit into a certain physical or mental archetype to own one.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

of course anyone can go buy any car they want, but if you are 6'5 driving a mini cooper it looks ridiculous and it just doesnt fit. Same with manlets in giant lifted trucks. Poorgays in over-the-top luxury cars is just embarrassing and sad. You are free to look as clownish as you want in your vehicle but subconsciously its obvious what fits and what doesnt

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Buddy, I got laid like crazy when I was driving a beat to shit Subaru wagon with bad transmission bearings. If you think you need a car to get women, a car won't help you anyway. Start with working out and building self confidence.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Buddy I got laid while being 135 lbs at 6 foot, if you think you need to work out to get laid, the gym won't help you anyway.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Buddy I got laid while being 300 lbs at 4'11, if you think you need to be recognizable as a human being to get laid, basic hygeine won't help you anyway.

4chins is the worst place to ask this type of question. It's filled with crabs in a bucket mentality homosexuals like [...] [...] who want you to be as poor as miserable as them. They think they figured out some secret hack that "le normies" are too brainwashed to see, when in reality basically everyone who is normal enjoys a nice new car.
        They're the first to hate on your BMW or Lexus or whatever, while driving crapboxes, with a false sense of superiority.
        >muh I fricked a trailer trash fent addict obese goblino in my 1992 honda civic
        No one cares, that's not what the discussion is about.
        I got pussy in college when I didn't own a car, go figure, life is not about the car you own.
        >This car is the equivalent of putting 6'8 and pictures of some jacked dude on your dating profile. Totally fine if that is actually you, the problem is when you show up 5'9 and not jacked.
        A car isn't a reflection of your appearance or personality though, so I'm confused what you mean by this.
        Yeah people snicker and laugh about ugly people who drive flashy loud cars or manlets who drive lifted trucks or moms who drive massive SUVs to target... but at the end of the day, there are skinny Bay area Asian liberals in dodge challengers and there are redneck whites from rural Alabama who drive BRZs... People generally should not give a shit about fitting or not fitting a stereotype.
        Insecurity is buying a car to compensate for your appearance or personality, but it can also be in the form of being too scared to buy a certain car because you're afraid of what people think of you.
        Just be genuine, if you find something fun and interesting, go for it.
        If you genuinely don't like flashy sports cars, don't get one for women, because women can't tell the difference between a Prius and a Porsche.
        It won't hurt, but it won't help either.

Shoo shoo stealership shill
        The average car on the road is 12.5 years old as of 2023. If anything, most normies don't want to buy new cars either (because they're usually a scam and keep you poor)

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>If anything, most normies don't want to buy new cars either
          I wouldn't either if I were a normie. What the frick is the point of buying a Corolla new kek, I almost feel bad for the people who are dumb enough to do that.
          If you are looking for luxury or sports cars, which many car enthusiasts are, it's better to buy new or near new, because you actually care about options and good maintenance.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Sure, if you make so much money that spending time looking at used cars literally costs you money compared to buying new OR you're a wrenchlet then it makes sense to buy new.
            Any legitimate car enthusiast who's genuinely interested in the car that he wants to buy, on the other hand, would have done his research before ever walking into a dealership and would be able to determine whether a used car is sound from both a mechanical and cosmetic perspective with a great degree of confidence. And he'd save a great deal of money for mods/maintenance compared to a new car unless he's some Wall Street mogul as previously mentioned.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>What the frick is the point of buying a Corolla new kek,

Having a reliable ride be even more reliable because you're in charge of maintenance since day 0? They don't grow in trees either, someone has to buy new in order for the used market to exist.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

My gym is full of tiny Russians smashing the shit out of their cute little bodies just to get laid.
        They're all girls, just ask ffs.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

russian women? where? t. american
          i'd prefer poles but russians work too

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>You know like a modern car actual adults buy, where they finance it and make repayments and look like respectable members of society. It makes people (and women) think they are functional and attractive individuals.

Ah, the rat race.

>Will getting a big boy car improve my life?
    No.

A real man buys whatever he wants (within his budget). Buy whatever makes you happy while driving.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *