slow car fast ect

Had a shower thought recently about the whole "more fun to drive a slow car fast" thing and if it has done more harm than good when it comes to manufacturers actually releasing decent rwd enthusiast cars. I've been in the market for one of these and the prices honestly just look absurd for the numbers they put out yet they still receive an insane amount of praise with people even being quick to push away any actual criticisms. The gr86 and nd mx5 new are near $40k cars that in this year of 2024 still are making 220hp, or less in the case of the mx5, offer no stock turbo ect and just seem very overpriced to me. Am I crazy or shouldn't these cars numbers have crept up with everything else to not be completely overshadowed so hard or at least be priced more accordingly?

There has to be some sort of limit where even the light two door sports cars power numbers aren't keeping up right?

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If the car makes enough power to get you into trouble, then that's fine.

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

220hp is enough. Takumi's Trueno made 130hp at best.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you want to spend $30k-$40k on a new car. You're either getting one that handles well or goes fast in a straight line well. Not both.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The Z is the only one that balances the two. But it does get spanked by muscle cars and does not have the same agility as the lighter incel mobiles. But with a middle ground that’s what you’d expect

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

based nissan making actual entry level sports cars like they've done for decades
        the new z does have comparable or better handling to the BRZ and Supra though according to GRM (picrel), and 400 hp is pretty respectable out of the box even if it wouldn't win a drag race against a shit pack chally wally

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Z
          I DENOUNCE THE TALMUD
          THD
          TKD
          Z

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

what

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

i think hes having a schizophrenic freak out

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

on paper the new Z is good until you consider the base model doesn't have an LSD (mandatory imo) and markups on it are insane, pushing it into the 60k range. Might as well buy a poopra. Ive seen tons of gr86s, supras, m2s, and miatas. Not seen a single Z. Even saw a fricking lucid air here before I saw a Z

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Camaro/mustang rapes any competition with their base models

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Try actually reading my post again.

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Imagine being the dumbass weeb who buys a Miata when the 124 Spider exists, lol
    Couldn't be me

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What's the appeal of the Fiata? They seem to top out in the lower 200s for HP, an ND with a header hitting 180whp is still going to be quicker real world than a 'built' Fiata at 220. Nothing against them, just an odd stance.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

People who think turbos are automatically le good even if it's a anemic tiny displacement tractor engine with a low redline.

They're also unreliable as frick and a pain in the ass to tune.

https://i.imgur.com/K5PcIej.jpeg

Had a shower thought recently about the whole "more fun to drive a slow car fast" thing and if it has done more harm than good when it comes to manufacturers actually releasing decent rwd enthusiast cars. I've been in the market for one of these and the prices honestly just look absurd for the numbers they put out yet they still receive an insane amount of praise with people even being quick to push away any actual criticisms. The gr86 and nd mx5 new are near $40k cars that in this year of 2024 still are making 220hp, or less in the case of the mx5, offer no stock turbo ect and just seem very overpriced to me. Am I crazy or shouldn't these cars numbers have crept up with everything else to not be completely overshadowed so hard or at least be priced more accordingly?

There has to be some sort of limit where even the light two door sports cars power numbers aren't keeping up right?

Like I said in the other thread

Handling focused small RWD sport compacts are nothing new in history. In the 1990s you had the NA Miata (116-128hp/2300lbs), 240SX (140-155hp/2700lbs) and 318iS E30/318ti E36 (142hp/2600lbs). In the 1980s it was the FC RX7 NA (145-160hp/2800lbs), MR2/AE86 Corolla GTS (130hp/2300lbs).

After those cars were discontinued (at least the BMW and Nissan) we had nothing in the market except maybe the RX8 and S2000 (both 240hp/2800-3100lbs). The current crop is faster than any of the cars I mentioned above. And funny enough even at $29-32k in 2024 they're cheaper than anything in history once adjusted for inflation (the 90s cars cost the equivalent of $42k, and the 00s cars cost closer to $45-50k)

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yeah those Fiats are pretty based. Mazda makes their manual trans btw

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

124 moose test: 81km/h
        MX-5 moose test: 76km/h

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yeah there had been a tax for awhile on small rwd cars that has been fricking them over for awhile. People were perfectly fine paying over 30k for 150hp ND1 miatas despite numerous hothatches and other fun fwd vehicles being around that offered stock 200hp+ numbers for equal or cheaper.

These cars have always be for the used market anyway, brand new they are a rip off while used they end up being great deals for the most part.

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>it: buyers remorse general

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The type R is fun and is getting cheaper

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Getting cheaper
      >AKA almost approaching msrp

What a deal...

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You're simply an idiot. It has nothing to do with what you're saying, cars along with everything else are more expensive now. It isn't about complacency. Both cars are good cars and could be purchased in the low 30k range.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *