so are hyundais reliable or not?

so are hyundais reliable or not? in my c**t hyundais are the go to choice for taxi/uber cars and they typically go for 500k km while being beat to shit by moronic taxi drivers so i thought they were an indestructible brand, but then everyone here says hyundais are unreliable trash?

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The ones made in Czechoslovakia seem to be very solid. The ones made in Turkey less so. The ones made in Alabama? Well its Alabama what do you expect.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>The ones made in Alabama? Well its Alabama what do you expect.
      The funny part is that the cars are fine, it's that the auto workers cause so many industrial accidents because they can't stop smoking weed and drinking on the job.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>it's that the auto workers cause so many industrial accidents because they can't stop smoking weed and drinking on the job.
        They do as instructed. It wasn't an employee choice to not add engine immobilizers. It wasn't an employee decision to use the cheapest materials to assemble a car that only runs when new. It was the way those shitty cars were designed to be built.
        The same labor pool of "shitty crack smoking assemblers" make cars that last. Just not ones designed by Hyundai.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I've had two Hyundais. They were both pieces of shit, I thought just got unlucky the first time. The warranty is nice in theory, but good luck getting them to actually cover any work. And it will need work. There is a recall out because some models spontaneously burst into flames. Avoid Hyundai like hell. They are popular because they have a lot of features and look pretty nice, but it's just lipstick on a pig. The actual machine under it all is garbage.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>so are hyundais reliable or not?
    Yes. Absolutely. They certainly are one or the other.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Its going to come down to the specific powertrain of specific models in specific years, there is no blanket "X manufacturer is ALWAYS good"

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Wait just a dang minute here. If Hyundai is so poorly built, then how are the Hyundais in Op country running for 500k km and beyond?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>then how are the Hyundais in Op country running for 500k km and beyond?
      And why do other cars assembled in the US hit that milestone but Hyundai's keep setting themselves on fire?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>If Hyundai is so poorly built, then how are the Hyundais in Op country running for 500k km and beyond?

Probably because they're super simple little things with manual transmissions and none of the emissions and safety bloat that would be necessary to pass US regulations.

A company that can make a reliable simple car can't necessarily handle a more complicated one.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mark my words.
    Hyundai is currently the 2nd best car manufacturer(if not it had already surpassed Tesla) at least in EV, and it's currently making BAS for Volkswagen's EV and multiple major european car makers as well. So if you're considering EVs, especially new ones, you must go for Hyundai if you're not buying Tesla, there's no other option.

Pic related is ST1, it's newest cargo platform based on Staria, and it mocks Porsche and other German brands in every way by having features like 80% charging in 20 min with a 76.1㎾/h battery, 317km(197mi) range in a single charge for less than $30k (because krw in super cheap atm). Plus, it's 100% chink free.

If you're buying EVs, just avoid any europoor shitslops since they're just blatantly reskinned Chink EVs.

Also, here's the safety test result. All 5 star rating in every category.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>you must go for Hyundai
      So we need to go for the company known for self igniting cars when buying cars with batteries that are harder to extinguish when they are in a self igniting car.
      Hard pass.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The fire issue is overrepresented and EVs are far safer than gas cars statistically speaking. Also, for Chinks who constantly try to shill LFP, they should know that it's no better than NCM in high voltage ranges where these cars mostly get the best performances from.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>The fire issue is overrepresented
          The fire issues spreading all the way through hyundai, kia, and genesis shouldn't exist.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Works on my machine.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

A: I call bullshit on that graph. I've seen way too many videos of EV fires for it to be that rare.

B: You can't put the damned things out. I've seen one of them burning underwater in a lake. Another one caught fire and it sank an entire cargo ship. They're clearly way more dangerous when they catch fire than other vehicles.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

bullshit a hyundai ioniq 5 burst into flames in my hood because it was charged midday in hot weather with sun on it, it was too hot and burst in flames burning 3 houses with it and few other cars.

Hyundai can probably reliable but it's 50/50 due to inconsistent manufacturing. however even a perfect one can't match a bad toyota or mazda

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>hyundai ioniq 5 burst into flames
        It could be Ioniq 6 since the LG batteries in it are notorious for catching fire unlike Ioniq 5. Half the time when parked EVs burn, they're likely due to shitty chargers. Nonetheless, Hyundai's EV system is one of the safest in the industry due to the fact it has most of its shits produced in house unlike euro EVs, which are essentially chinkslops with different body kits.

Here it shows how Hyundai beat Porsche in electric powertrain designs.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Your first hand account of our product is unreliable. You never saw what you saw.
          >Here, watch our sales brochure.
          >I will shill and not pay for the ad space.
          You seem like the same sort of butthole at your company that denies covered warranty items. I guess your employer can't afford to make things right with the customer AND spam the frick out of sites like this.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Have you even seen the channel? It's literally an onlyfans for Tesla fans.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This. I’d argue its the best at this point. Its also far more reliable than jap crap, you never hear shit like the taco debacle where loos axle bolts were falling off days after the new model release causing a million recalls, typical for jap crap…also, hyundai is far more dynamic and transparent, every few months another jap crap brand comes out with being caught in falsifying data to include important shit like safety

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Before I bought my 09 Honda I had a Hyundai and a Kia. As someone who wrenches it is like a night and day difference in the parts quality.

Simple example. Did some exhaust work on my Honda. The Honda gasket part number was a perfect snug fit. It obviously was machined to very tight tolerance. The chink gasket on the other side had to be grinded down to fit properly and it was a lopsided. That's the parts quality difference in cheap parts to quality ones. And this was a simple lead gasket.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

they aren't bulletproof but the parts are cheap and everyone knows how to work on them, at least it's the case here in Chile

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No car is bulletproof especially if not serviced diligently. GDI and even worse Turbo-GDI engines need to be serviced religiously and significantly sooner than what Hyundai/KIA recommends if you want them to last.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Finally a post I can contribute to.

The short answer is "no"
    The long answer is "yes, but it depends".

Most of the low end Hyundai/KIA stuff is unkillable.

Picantos, Venues, Sonnets, Accents, Avantes, Rios, Elantras, Fortes etc.

Great little cars, few things go wrong.

However when you move up to Sonatas, Optimas etc. you start facing an issue where the GDI system they used gets clogged up from carbon buildup due to shitty fuel, poor engine maintenance or just... the environment.

It's so bad they even got sued over it, and lost.

Previously they had issues with fuel lines that caused many Optimas to just catch fire, out of nowhere.

However, there is a good reason to believe they'll quit being dogshit at some point.

I live in the Dominican Republic and every other Uber/Lyft equivalent driver usually drives Hyundai.

Be it a 2009 NF, 2012 YF or 2016 LF.

The catch is they're not F models, or USDM at all, they're the LPG Korean versions that have been decommissioned and have 500k+ miles on them from Korea directly.

Yet they just keep going for some odd reason, no manufacturing defects, no kamikaze fuel lines, no obese GDi.

The LPG tanks are pretty modern too, it won't blow up on you or whatever like some fearmongers would have you believe.

I've seen Y20s reach upwards of a million kilometers with no mechanical issues whatsoever.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Picantos
      not many people know it but they're also amphibious

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

How often do you see an older Hyundai on the road? Just check occasionally as you're driving. For me, it's almost 0. Lots of older Toyotas and Hondas, almost never see a Hyundai that's pushing 10. Really makes me think.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This is the metric that only poorgays think

How many old 911s or ferraris do you see on the road? Just check occasionally as you're driving. For me, it's almost 0. Lots of older Toyotas and Hondas, almost never see a 911 or Ferrari that's pushing 10. Really makes me think.

In reality all the new Hyundais tells us that those that can afford new cars are buying them and the Toyotas and Hondas are only for poorgays that can't afford new cars

Who df keeps a car past 50,000 let alone 100,000 anyways? New car life cycle should be 25,000 to 50,000 miles, every few years new cars get expontentially better so why would anyone that can buy the latest tech want some piece of shit from years ago? Again, only poorgay logic process hence why the only people you see on the roads driving Toyotas and Hondas are poorgays

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>This is the metric that only poorgays think
        That's your target demographic, shill. Poor people. Poor people who can't afford quality. Poor people who can't afford things that last.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Who gives af what poorgays think let alone buy, they only exist as a slave class homosexual

If you have to look at the price tag when you buy a car you should just have a nice day

I used to hate hyundais as much as I did toyotas and hondas but they are straight up legit rolling out shit that beats out the premium autos from europe at this point, same can't be said for japland

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>hyundais... rolling out shit
            edited for clarity

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Difference is those are performance cars
        and Hyundai mostly sells econoboxes, crossovers, and SUVs. The kind of vehicle that should, when they are made well, be used in commutes for 10+ years. Don't see many Hyundais that age, I wonder why? You'd think there would be more given how many they sell?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

> lifetime poorgay detected

What about bmws and audis, most are econoboxes and suvs too and you rarely see any old models on the road, fact still stands that only poorgays keep cars past a few years let alone 10+ lmfao, this is precisely why toyota and honda are stereotyped at poorgay brands

Any poorgay that buys an econobox and still needs the same one 10 years later is a lifetime poorgay, most normies get an econobox with they are teenagers, then move up until they can afford really cars by their mid/late 20s or early 30s at the latest, those with real disposable income NEVER keep shitboxes like toyotas or hondas for a decade plus, again its only poorgays

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I wouldn't get a Hyundai. If you can't afford a nicer car then buy used.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They're fine as long as they don't have the Theta2 engine.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *