so whats the deal with electric power steering?

so whats the deal with electric power steering? is it based or is it just something thats gonna break in 5 years and cost 10k to replace?

is there even any new cars WITHOUT electric power steering and that still have hydraulic ps?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

corr would love to spaff inside him

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That is a man.

https://i.imgur.com/0hXJHT5.jpeg

so whats the deal with electric power steering? is it based or is it just something thats gonna break in 5 years and cost 10k to replace?

is there even any new cars WITHOUT electric power steering and that still have hydraulic ps?

That is AI drawn

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If anything hydraulic is less reliable and more expensive to fix

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>so whats the deal with electric power steering?
      its shite
      >is it based or is it just something thats gonna break in 5 years and cost 10k to replace?
      the latter, and when it breaks it might steer your car into a wall for you going 120 kmh and/or break your arms trying to hold the steering wheel in place
      >is there even any new cars WITHOUT electric power steering and that still have hydraulic ps?
      no, some new cars even have steer by wire, no connection between the steering wheel and the tires. if the 0.05$ plastic clip connecting the wires breaks you might lose all steering, but don't worry because new cars are all gigantic steel eggs with airbags everywhere so you won't die in the crash

>If anything hydraulic is less reliable and more expensive to fix
      wrong

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It's literally just an electric motor that assists the steering rack instead of a hydraulic pump. Stop being a melodramatic baby. It gives you less feedback than a hydraulic system, that's about it

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>hydraulic pump breaks down
          >the car is harder to steer now
          >electric motor malfunctions
          >steers your car randomly without input, causing you to crash
          whoops that will be 2000$ plus tip to fix hehe

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

hydraulics are not immune to malfunctions. one valve sticking open or one seal failing is all it takes to send the rack to full lock. cars are dangerous. get a bicycle

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

that's not how power steering works, dumbass

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

He's correct describing how it might malfunction

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What are the stats on EPAS malfunction causing swerving crashes?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You are assuming the power steering fails simply by cutting the power instead of forcing the car to "stay on lane", like modern cars are programmed to do. Even it's just a power failure, depending on how it happens then it's VERY possible for the anti theft steering lock to be activated, which binds the steering wheel completely.

Better hope you are not driving a bmw m3 in the wet...

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

ITT: people that are correct except this[...] [...] homosexual

>leaks

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Fluid is cheap
          Hydraulics is not, but bearable, and can usually be repaired/remanufactured
          Power electronics is not and it costs a fortune to replace

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

this

https://i.imgur.com/0hXJHT5.jpeg

>is there even any new cars WITHOUT electric power steering and that still have hydraulic ps?
      McLaren is the last brand hydraulic power steering. electric pump instead of belt driven though.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>McLaren is the last brand hydraulic power steering. electric pump instead of belt driven though.
        What does the Elva use?

> The Elva features a full-time suspension and an electro-hydraulic steering to improve handling.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

TITI

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

no ps is the meta
    less weigh and less parts to break

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No you don't understand, electric power steering is horrible because you lose any feeling of the road through the wheel. Ignore the fact most modern performance vehicles use electric power steering anyway.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

i know how horrible electric ps is
        i said no power steering at all is the best choice
        best road feel most reliable system

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I'll be honest, my post was dripping with sarcasm.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

i might be an autist
            sarcasm is wasted on me

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have driven cars with electric steering, they are ok if you don't worry about glowies hacking your shit and driving you into a tree.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

ITT: people that are correct except this

It's literally just an electric motor that assists the steering rack instead of a hydraulic pump. Stop being a melodramatic baby. It gives you less feedback than a hydraulic system, that's about it

If anything hydraulic is less reliable and more expensive to fix

homosexual

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

just saw a vid of an m3 that stopped steering in the middle of a lap on the ring. They had to pull over to reset lol. I am sure they will make it work but for now if you have a choice stay away from it.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Brushless motors are some of the most reliable components you can put in a car. That doesn't mean it's going to feel good, just that it's going to be reliable. You can make it feel good, like Alfa Romeo and Rover have managed, but you can also make it feel like shit, like BMW and Infiniti

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

electric power steering is a lot more reliable.
    and a much better design
    its essentially a manual rack with power assist.
    you can replace the motor on it, similar to a starter

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>first bmw with electric power steering.
      How unsurprising.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Here's an Opel:

Or some asiaticshit:

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

my logitech G29 at 3am

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>using windows

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>drive by wire is better, they said

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It's not even drive by wire

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Nissan Frontierd

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *