The American Car Realization

Growing up I always knew ~95 German cars were the best, mostly 80s. Their build quality is top notch, period.

But after 80s all German cars are POS's sold mainly for their electronic gimmicks and meant to be disposable.

Japanese cars I liked, but realized there were just tin can shitboxes. No power, and most are just that, shitbox commuters with hardley any flair even in their sporty shitboxes. Things like bolts and screws are no where near the strength of an old German.

So whats left? Clearly American. American gives you the boldest style, much more options for sporty cars, and naturally more space and faster engines.

So what if the interior is hard simple plastic? Who gives a shit, that just means I can cheaply replace and print a new part. The value is in the engine and fun and style, where it counts.

I couldnt give a shit if they add a "nicer" interior to a Jap shitbox thats ultimately going to be destroyed and replace, and its just a commuter shitbox. German cars now a days are pure *tarted-up trash.

And frankly, at least American cars gave you a wide variety to choose from. I think this interior looks great and very fighter like. And Americans do cars best, not pretentious luxury items or blandness.

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I still like late 90s and early 00s bmws. They drive nice but they do have quality issues. For example I pulled the door handle off my 39 when it was cold out and the entire door trim fell off my 36 when I pulled the door shut

2. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>Things like bolts and screws are no where near the strength of an old German.

"God damnit these bolts just aren't strong enough" - said no Toyota owner ever, unless maybe they were just some hamfisted moron who overtightens everything.
    But how could I expect better logic from someone who made such an abhorrently formatted, reddit spaced, OP post?

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Little things like bolts, what holds the entire car together, being made to be extremely strong says something about a manufactor.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Let me tell you how car manufacturing works moron:
        >they calculate how much stress is going to be placed on a bolt
        >they double that number
        >they chose a bolt to match
        >if for some reason they design a part bad enough that it places an extraordinary ammount of stress on a bolt, then they use a higher grade bolt, or a bigger bolt, or just more bolts

Never in my extensive experience wrenching on Japanese cars have I ever had a problem with the strength of bolts.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Yeah, we all know how car parts are made. The fact they made something super strong for no reason other than they could says something about the Germans and build quality.

When I first started working on cars I ended up snapping 3 bolts, one transmission bolt, one in the interior, and one on the vavle cover on my first Japanese car.

I didnt know better as I was new to working on cars and no one explained to me that over tightening is a thing. I was used to working on my old BMW and did things like changing the clutch, so I wasnt a total nooby since thats reletively big to do. I just tightened untill I made sure they were tight on my old car, then bolt after bolt was stripping on my new Jap car. And by then I realized that Japanese cars are disposable pieces of shit, as if the lightweight finicky parts didnt already tell me that. It just felt cheap.

Youre some hardcore weeb jerking off to cars that are literally meant to be run to the ground and destroyed, those are a disposable pieces of shit that rust in 2 seconds. In Japan they want to destroy them as soon as possible and thats why you see so many imports with low miles because they dont even want them. Not even American cars disintergrate like that.

You just made my point for me, massive moron.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>When I first started working on cars I ended up snapping 3 bolts, one transmission bolt, one in the interior, and one on the vavle cover on my first Japanese car.
            >I didnt know better as I was new to working on cars and no one explained to me that over tightening is a thing.
            >bolt after bolt was stripping on my new Jap car.

Ah so you literally are the hamfisted moron I already described lmao - that explains everything!
            Carry on my moronic friend.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

That's the most excrement brained boomer thing I ever heard.

Congratulations.

>no one explained to me that over tightening is a thing
            Imagine needing this explained to you.

Yeah, its called learning how to work on a car. I bet I've done more than a wrenchlets like you.

I can tell by your hideous low IQ responses that you're the usual shitheads that think Japanese throw aways are the ultimate vehicle, rather than seeing how another is infact built better, how even the components that hold the hold thing together are better machined and produced, all you do is harp on a simple mistake anyone can make.

You really are, infact, gay and cringe.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Knowing that fasteners give way when tightened too much is something you should have learned as a little kid with the cap of a peanut butter jar.
            There are simple mistakes and then there are mistakes that come from being stupid, and yours are the latter.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Cringe and gay. Use me as a scape goat to suck my wiener all you want instead of discussing the actual subject and facts at hand.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Matie I don't reckon you can call other people low IQ when you couldn't even figure out how to correctly tighten a bolt.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Well, you are low IQ though.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I can assure you my IQ is sufficient to understand the function of a rod of metal with a spiral cut into it.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

You seem like a moron, though.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Maybe I am, but at least I'm not too moronic to understand turnie screw boys

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Well I can tell youre definetly moronic because how fixated on trivial things you are.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Ah yes..... you're the one who hates Japanese cars because they don't have adamantite bolts that will hold up to abuse from a hamfister owner who literally doesn't understand the concept of over tightening, but I'm the one fixated on trivial things.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, youre definetly a moron.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Matie I don't reckon you can call other people low IQ when you couldn't even figure out how to correctly tighten a bolt.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

To you moron, you are so trivial turning bolts is like pouring acid on your head.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Your the one writing off an entire country's market of cars because of something as trivial as not having overkill bolts.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Your brain is literally melted right now, I can only imagine the obsession youre having on things missing everything else.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Nuh uh bro, your brain is like twice as melted lmaoooo

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Damn, you're really seething now.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

You're like super seething

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Maybe if you keep posting everyone wont think you're obsessed and mad.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Yo bro you're so obsessed lol

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Bruz why are you so obsessed lmao

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Bruz why are you so obsessed lmao

Hes so obsessed his quoting and talking to himself.

Flim flamming so hard he cant even reply anymore or be coherent.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

[...]

Whats the matter, you done?

Lmao this dude so obsessed he double replying and pretending one reply is mine

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I knew if I just called out how mad you were you'd come back after that shameful defeat. Predictable

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Yo bro you got like totally defeated lmao, wow you're so mad

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Youre so easy to string along, I've made a fool of you for like 2 days now.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Bro you were too easy, I made you look like an idiot all week

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Keep coming back to be witty but just exposed yourself as getting mad all week, so asspained you're going Freud on yourself.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Bro you're so butt devastated you've been getting exposed all month

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

The levels of devastation have driven you to absurdity.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

You're so mentally cooked it's insane

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Whats left of your brain is a fried egg you're coping so hard right now.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Your mind is like spaghetti bolognaise after I owned you so hard

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

You've been hitting refresh just to get dusted you love misery and I can only imagine your self esteem right now..

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Brooooooo I just pwned you with this post saying I pwned you, you must be feeling really bad about that now!

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Just like a woman, over reacting.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

oh how catty of you

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Me: 1 You: -0

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

That's strange, I have the score at Me: heaps You: not much

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

You live in Reverseville, all the asspain and fuming has given you dementia.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Bro you're like in upside down land lmao

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Well, I think were going to have to cut it short here since you've been driven to bozo land and have gone full clown due to the damage.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

bruz you've gone to krusty land, you're mind is so cooked your hair has turned green and fuzzy

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Again, the damage in you is evident.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

bro it's so obvious you're tilted

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

You've been obliterated so hard you cant even try anymore.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

You're so destroyed you find it hard to get up in the morning

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

You're not even entertaining anymore.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>no one explained to me that over tightening is a thing
            Imagine needing this explained to you.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Making something strong to the point of absurdity is poor engineering. It's a sign that things were not entirely thought out, and instead just "made to work, probably". That philosophy is clear in German engineering. It's as though they overdo everything because on a napkin it's the best thing to do. Once you actually do some calcs or test anything, whoops! Half the shit is garbage because gut feeling doesn't have a place in mass production vehicles.
            >44HAH

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

That's the most excrement brained boomer thing I ever heard.

Congratulations.

3. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

American engineers hate the small car, to the point of making it look like sabatage whenever they design and release one. American trucks are long lasting if you keep them out of the salt and just cruise them on the hoghway but they are hamstringed by the chicken tax and have lost the competition that leads to better products for the consumer.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

even though the chicken tax never stopped anything, and all the jap trucks came and went without ever outselling the big three even once.

4. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

gay post even by reddit standards.

5. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>Japanese cars I liked, but realized there were just tin can shitboxes
    That's because the nips keep all the good shit for themselves. Look at the 8th gen toyota crowns, peak toyota crown imo.
    Could get anything from a 2.2 litre l4, a 2 litre l6, to a 4 litre v8 in the same car. Electronically adjustable suspension. They even came with a cooler box in the parcel shelf just behind the back seats. As much as I don't like them, power windows had been around since at least 1976 for them. For nips all that shit was bog standard.
    Last great merc was the w124, all went to shit from there.
    American cars are great if you want a drivable living room but that's about all I can think of.
    >bolt strength
    kek

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Cars like the Corvette, Iroc, Forebird, Cobalt have been shitting on imports and Japanese since the 80s in handling and cars worth 2x their price.

Infact it was america who invented the sport compact, but Japanese its all their known for because they only make shitboxes.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>cars worth 2x their price.
        Are you comparing import prices to domestic prices? Because if you took the same two cars and compared their prices on the Japanese market you'd get the exact opposite equation.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Corvette has been mogging Super cars since the C4. Camaros could dance around with Porsches.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Americans will simply never understand the concept of making cars that are good at multiple things.

>YOU WANT POWER LIKE A PORSCHE?!!! NEW CADILLAC ST-D HAS 25 AND 6/7TH GALLON (WE DON'T USE "LEEETERS" HERE SISSYBOY!!) VEEEEATE THAT MAKES OVER 9000 HORSEPOWER!!!! FRICK YOU PORSCHE!!
            >rest of car is starbucks lid hard plastic, poorly built and overheats in seconds (lel corvette)

>YOU WANT LUXURY LIKE ROLLS ROYCE?! THIS IS THE ALL NEW LINCOLN CONTINENTAL "LES BAGUETTES EUROPÈENNE" SPECIAL EDITION! DESIGNED BY KANYE WEST AND WILL I.AM! AS YOU CAN SEE IT FEATURES SOLID 24K GOLD CUP HOLDERS, AMERICAN EAGLE CUSTOM STITCHING IN THE HEADRESTS MADE FROM FIBRES SOURCED FROM AN ACTUAL AMERICAN civil war FLAG AND A CUSTOM SOUND SYSTEM DESIGNED AND PERFECTED BY xX69LiLSNAZX420! FRICK YOU ROLLS ROYCE!
            >fwd, underpowered, no luxury engine options, bad build quality everywhere but the interior

etc

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I mean pretty much.

Why would I want a car that's mediocre at everything or doesnt have any idea what it wants to be?

Ill take a Corvette that blows apart your Porsche with leaf springs and looks cooler doing is and is easy to fix it even if the fisher price interior is plastic.

Or a nice BIG luxury plush sedan with loads of trunk room and floaty suspension and plush seats. Like who on earth is trying to make a performance car out of a luxury driver. And the most iconic American barges have been RWD, not like it even matters on a luxury boat. And the majority also have big engines.

You can keep your "luxury sports car sedan" with 60 way adjustable seats and power delivery seatbelts thats breaks every 10 miles and does things mediocritly.

The American way is to do things bigger and better.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Idk dude my experience with American cars is they try to give you X or Y but then none of it matters cause the troony explodes at 15k miles or the frames come out of the factory pre rusted or other weird shit that just shouldn’t ever happen ever.
            Jap cars don’t do this. They just work. You can complain about this or that feature but if you buy cars to go from point A to point B you don’t have to worry.
            With G*rman and American cars there is always a gamble that any random model year will just break down before you can even get 150k miles.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Pleas give examples of ypur 15k trans failure and factory rust.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>Jap cars don’t do this. They just work
            true but actually not true
            t. have worked at honda/nissan, friend has been working at toyota for ages. Also have owned like 3 mazda 323's myself. I have nothing against jap cars, but rarely they're as "bomb proof" as some dudes think. Also they're generally lacking decent drive trains

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>I have nothing against jap cars, but rarely they're as "bomb proof" as some dudes think. Also they're generally lacking decent drive trains

There's a reason these cars were widely referred to as JAP CRAP up until the 2000s. They are shitty little cars that sound like shit, have no power, are uncomfortable, but the jap prices were so much lower than American cars due to their ban on unions and the yen/USD exchange rate at the time.

And yes, sure the Japanese luxury cars like the top of the line Lexus models are solid vehicles, and there's tons of cool JDM cars. But the average japanese car that Americans buy are just boring as frick. That's why people mod the absolute shit out of them, because you have to do that to make them enjoyable.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Idk dude my experience with American cars is they try to give you X or Y but then none of it matters cause the troony explodes at 15k miles or the frames come out of the factory pre rusted or other weird shit that just shouldn’t ever happen ever.
            Jap cars don’t do this. They just work. You can complain about this or that feature but if you buy cars to go from point A to point B you don’t have to worry.
            With G*rman and American cars there is always a gamble that any random model year will just break down before you can even get 150k miles.

I hate this idea that cars are 'bomb proof'. Japanese cars are no more reliable than any other vehicle, they were just dirt cheap, bare bones, and parts were plentiful and cheap. It's the VW beetle effect.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>the VW beetle effect.
            There's a reason the VW Beetle used to win a lot of African endurance rallies, and there's also a reason the japs started dominating the africa rallies later on.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>I hate this idea that cars are 'bomb proof

some cars are more reliable than others, but what that really means is if you're a normie who never does any maintenance, what will last longer? Normies are moronic when it comes to automobiles and that's how car companies stay in business. If every normie was a resourceful as a Cuban working on a 1950s car, the automakers wouldn't be able to profit

Example, talking to my friend about his new car. I mentioned that I need to get an oil change soon and it's been 5k miles but I usually change it at 3k (I have a 15 year old car). And my friend says "dude you don't need to change it that much, the manufacturer recommends I change my oil every 7k miles but you can go 10k miles in between oil changes with synthetic".

I explain to my friend that just because you can, doesn't mean that you should, and that one should always follow the manufacturer's recommendations bare minimum. He just said, why? He thought the car manufacturers were somehow in cahoots with oil companies and just told you that to make you spend more money I guess. He basically thinks people are being suckers if they change their oil per manufacturer's recommendation, when they can usually drive a few thousand miles more.

His last car he had to get rid of because of a blown head gasket. I wonder if he ever made the connection

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

cars still daily driven by the millions in the third world wouldn't pass ~~*inspection*~~ and ~~*emissions*~~ in first world countries
            thrift for thee but not for me

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

might be worth testing out your oil, send it to blackstone or whatever. knew some guy's dad who had a dodge, manual called for 6k mile intervals or something but with oil sampling and experimentation with different size filters, he figured out he was able to get away with something crazy like 11k miles before needing a change.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Yes.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>Camaros could dance around with Porsches
            too bad they can only dance in a straight line 🙁

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

i dunno why youre comparing corvettes and similar cars to luxobarges like the crown. theyve been shitting on imports so much that mutt auto workers sperged out and destroyed jap shitboxes kek.
        and now us built toyotas are more american than american built cars lol

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

I wasnt compating luxobarges to corvettes idiot, that other moron was. Suggesting all american cars drive like luxobarges, COPE and BACKTRACK all you want after being proved wrong, weeb.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

youre the one who brought up corvettes when i was talking about crowns. and overbuilt fasteners too kek

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>overbuilt fasteners too kek

What about the better quality seats? Better quality interior? Thicker metal components? Heavier doors? Well galvanized metal? And better fasteners too?

Why so you have to be such a massive, ball gargling homo-queer to miss the point and engage in group think like the other morons? have a nice day.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

because you were the one who brought up overbuilt fasteners, myself and everyone else who isn't a downie do focus on the things you mentioned rather than overbuilt fasteners lol

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

lol OK idiot.

More like youre a massive homosexualheaded hivemind moron with no legit response to any valid point.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

hey you brought up overbuilt fasteners not me lol

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

lol woah haha OK but you're still everything I mentioned. like lol bro good job, fasteners, man.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

join the club lol

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Japan keeps those to themselves because they have different safety/emissions standards and don't want to waste money getting a model qualified for the US that'll get maybe 1,000 orders, all of which will need to be shipped from Japan because the production volume doesn't warrant building a line for them here.
      We just need to repeal the 25 year restriction honestly. We already ship all our garbage from all over the world, might as well get some nicer cars.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

doubt it, they used to sell the crown in the us, then stopped, sold only the cressida as their top trim before lexus came along. but even lexus was watered down compared to the jdm versions e.g toyota celsior vs ls400

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

the 25 year year restriction won't matter in 2 years. the mint r34 skyline will finally be legal in the us, and i'll be first in line to import.

6. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>shit brown interiors

7. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

lol gay ass thread because posters on DA are nimrods.

8. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Jesus op is a huge fricking homosexual

9. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>Pontiac Trans Am
    Man I want one with a digital dash like you wouldn't believe

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

just get one and regret it dude

10. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

this entire thread is pure unadulterated homosexualry

11. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I’ve learned why American car drivers all act like they have brain damage

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

if they bought a Dodge they already had severe brain damage

12. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Lmfao OP can't figure out how to work with bolts. Nice blog post moron

13. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

America is about choice. I prefer naturally aspirated engines with gobs of torque. Simple; easy; yet highly effective. Also, you can't beat the exhaust tone of a v8 with headers.

14. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Big dick Buick

15. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Japanese sports cars are fricking amazing, and mercedes is full of electronics, yeah, but you are missing the engineering if it's the base models. They do some truly impressive things that no other brand can do.

There is a reason every luxury taxi service uses the mercedes, and nobody ever minds riding in one(when it's running at least)

16. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

you clearly have no idea what you're talking about and this thread is useless

17. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>thread ironically about fasteners
    >picks image of turd gen with fake screws all over the dash

18. 2 years ago
    z31

>Things like bolts and screws are no where near the strength of an old German.
    Wrenchlet take. This is normie regurgitated bullshit, if anything the japanese bolts and screws ive worked with are the toughest ive seen. German parts are basically the same as any other, just usually with an inflated price tag because of moronic half-truths like this.

>I always knew ~95 German cars were the best, mostly 80s.
    Is this supposed to be ~85 cars? what the frick does the ~95 mean in this sentence? Around 1995? What does around 1995 mostly 80s even mean.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *