The last V6 in the current midsize market. One of the few reliable vehicles in the Nissan line.

The last V6 in the current midsize market. One of the few reliable vehicles in the Nissan line. Why is it such an afterthought in the truck community?

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Most people want the torque of a turbo 4banger not the gutlessness of a V6. They also cost as much as a Tacoma or a decently loaded half ton.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Bizarro, opposite of facts post

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I bought a pro4x. I like mine but I do wish they had a bit more getupandgo like the turbo trucks have. They have really potent but delayed power bc of the 9 speed trans.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I've got a Pro4X with the 6 speed. No delay anything.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

What year is yours? All the new D41s have 9 speeds

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Oh it's a 2011 I bought new. Been a good truck.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Very well may be my next vehicle.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

ford ranger has a v6 doofus

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

In what universe?

>For the North American market, the Ranger is produced with a single powertrain: a 2.3-liter EcoBoost inline-four paired with 10-speed 10R80 automatic transmission.[32][33] For increased fuel economy, the engine includes direct fuel injection, four valves per cylinder, and a twin-scroll turbocharger

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous
        • 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The 2.7 Ecoboost is coming as an option for regular Rangers later this year, and the Raptor has the 3.0.

Nobody buys normal Rangers. I don't know why they would bother with a Raptor version in North America.

https://i.imgur.com/uYdvCoR.jpeg

Can someone explain to me why anyone would buy an extended cab midsize when you could instead get a regular cab, short bed F150? Yes, Ford is still making these. Its size and footprint put it very firmly into the "modern midsize" category. Nobody seems to know you can order it.

An F150 configured this way has:
          >shorter wheelbase
          >shorter overall length
          >tighter turning circle
          >more bed space
          >more towing
          >more payload
          >more power
          etc.

The only disadvantage is that it's marginally wider, but the wheelbase and turning circle improvements are more important when it comes to actual driving and ease of use. And I'd argue that with the bench seat down, the F150 actually seats three people more comfortably than the useless rear seats in an extended cab truck do.

The price is within a couple thousand bucks and you get a 400hp V8.

Why are these so rare, despite midsize popularity?

It's a pretty stupid comparison. Regular cabs are fricking horrible. If you make it extended vs extended cab the half ton is bigger albeit not by much. RCSB's are good if you plan on turning the thing into a no prep drag truck but that's about it.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The 2.7 Ecoboost is coming as an option for regular Rangers later this year, and the Raptor has the 3.0.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

nissan is shid

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Can someone explain to me why anyone would buy an extended cab midsize when you could instead get a regular cab, short bed F150? Yes, Ford is still making these. Its size and footprint put it very firmly into the "modern midsize" category. Nobody seems to know you can order it.

An F150 configured this way has:
    >shorter wheelbase
    >shorter overall length
    >tighter turning circle
    >more bed space
    >more towing
    >more payload
    >more power
    etc.

The only disadvantage is that it's marginally wider, but the wheelbase and turning circle improvements are more important when it comes to actual driving and ease of use. And I'd argue that with the bench seat down, the F150 actually seats three people more comfortably than the useless rear seats in an extended cab truck do.

The price is within a couple thousand bucks and you get a 400hp V8.

Why are these so rare, despite midsize popularity?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The back seats suck as seats, but they make a decent "trunk" to put stuff in, tools or groceries or whatever else you don't want to put in the bed. Single cab half tons are also way more limited on options and are a lot more expensive than an extended or even crew cab midsize - a basic XL 4x4 single cab F150 costs the same as a loaded Ranger XLT FX4 and you're not gonna get much of a discount either given that you're gonna have to special order it too.

[...]
      Nobody buys normal Rangers. I don't know why they would bother with a Raptor version in North America.

[...]
      It's a pretty stupid comparison. Regular cabs are fricking horrible. If you make it extended vs extended cab the half ton is bigger albeit not by much. RCSB's are good if you plan on turning the thing into a no prep drag truck but that's about it.

It was the second best-selling midsize (obviously behind the Tacoma) for most of the last gen's years on the market, and outsold 3/4ths of other vehicles on the market. Nowhere near F-150 numbers but still plenty to make it worthwhile for Ford.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This same argument applies to midsize vs full-size. If you want less fancy stuff, you can get a full size crew cab for almost the same as a higher trim mid size crew cab. Full size is a hell of a lot more useful.

https://i.imgur.com/v6GREmE.png

The last V6 in the current midsize market. One of the few reliable vehicles in the Nissan line. Why is it such an afterthought in the truck community?

You could ask the same of why the Titan ended up as a sales loser despite being pretty solid (Diesel model excepted).

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

truckold need the seats and cabin space for hauling around their 200+ pound wife and 2 mixed race stepchildren.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

it's honestly pretty weird looking

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It costs like $50k here.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Which pickup would give me the image of a man who is in favor of Israel, is pro-Jews, is in favor of Ukraine, is in favor of the LGBT+ community, supports black lives matter, is anti-Russia, anti-Palestine , and hates trump

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

BT-50, the frontier just makes you look stupid and poor

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Hyndai Santa Cruz or Ford Maverick base model.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

honda ridgeline

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I dont trust Nissans
    On paper it looks good

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

nissan’s RWD drivetrains are incredible it’s their FWD ones that are unreliable POS

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I don't know man, I had a strawberry milkshake of death in my Nissan. Can't trust them after that.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

These things have a V6. You can get em with a stick too.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Jeeps are for women

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/02Crxpp.jpeg

Ahem

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/02Crxpp.jpeg

Ahem

>dodge minivan motor
      I'd rather just drive the dodge minivan and not pretend I'm driving something else, thanks.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I'd rather go offroading in a minivan
        weird take

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

One of the big reasons I'm thinking of getting a WK2 is because I have 140k on my Challenger and the Pentastar has been rock solid.

I'd get a Gladiator but I drive a lot of highway miles and I know the wind noise would bug the absolute shit out of me.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Pretty cheap too since they can't sell them

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Ahem

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because nissan has historically made shit vehicles

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Nissan Frontier.
    Famous Scotty Kilmer accepts.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Scotty Kilmer
      Anyone with a brain would do the opposite of what this moron says.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I agree. A man with his experience should be completely ignored.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's not flashy, it's not controversial, and it's not expensive, while being reliable and capable. It's not hard to understand why it's the vehicle of choice for autistic white kings.
    https://www.clubfrontier.org/

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The new ones aren’t really inexpensive they’re competitively priced with Tacomas and colorados

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Last gen Frontier was based and put hair on your chest but current gen fell victim to Nissan's new "It's sporty! But it's also luxurious! And intelligent!" design frickery

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's not an afterthought, its the best selling midsize truck now. The tacoma having supply issues, shitty performance, shitty fuel economy and an eye watering price will do that

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *