Thinking of buy an Elantra. What am I in for?

Thinking of buy an Elantra. What am I in for?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

the modern elantra N holds up surprisingly well on track compared to the current civic, miata, and frs.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

> #1 and #2 on Nurburgring TCR

Your observation is an understatement to say the least

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It should be noted that the bmw 3 has historically won this event at Nurburgring, no jap cars can come close to the Elantra N let alone the german cars

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>no jap cars can come close to the Elantra N
          Safety reasons. There is a recall effort over that spontaneous combustion issue hyundai is known for.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Compared to the gazillion jap recalls every month like the taco with the loose axle bolts already falling off days after the new model release causing a typical jap recall of something like a million new tacos…jap cars = chinese tier trash

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Other cars have recalls TOO
            >Trucks having loose bolts is the same as hyundai, kia, AND genesis having recall warnings against parking in or near buildings as they can self ignite any time... It doesn't matter if the engine is on or not... It's exactly the same.
            Taking your vehicle back to make sure your car isn't one of the affected vehicles with undertorqued bolts is infinitely better than having your car catch fire because of the faulty recall work done to address the faulty design which could also have set your car on fire.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Jap cars have way more recalls than korean, us or german brands, everybody knows this and why its a stereotype jap cars are for poorgays

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Hyundai's "N" Team

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>class "wins"

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Get Honda instead

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Does Hyundai even realize just how much of a knockoff Honda they are?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Isn't that a good thing?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Not when you are only imitating the logo and the name.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That's the point. Idk about newer shit, but my 00s Hyundai civics were pretty good

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'm pretty sure all of Korea's industries exist just to spite the Japanese. They're the at home option so their people don't import Japanese

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I'm pretty sure all of Korea's industries exist just to spite the Japanese.
        Twenty years ago you'd be correct. Now they're actually profitable worldwide.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The US has a free trade agreement with South Korea, the only Asian nation with this status, the only other first world nations with a US FTA is Australia, Canada and Israel

The US will NEVER give an FTA to either Japan or China

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Hyundai
      >Honda knock off
      British Leyland actually.

https://www.aronline.co.uk/people/george-turnbull/george-turnbull/

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Leyland
        Fricking RULED.
        FFS rise up again, English People.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

There tractors were just Nuffields with synchromesh

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>What am I in for?
    Just do oil changes at 5k miles. Newer Korean cars are extremely sensitive to fluid intervals.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's a knockoff Civic, just get a Civic instead

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If I was a poorgay would choose korean 100 times out of 100 over jap rice burners...sadly I only buy porsches these days

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

These are the only cars that are under 10k and under 100,000 miles that I see and I'm worried about possibly getting one cause I've only heard that Hyundai is shit

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Do you want to buy mine? It's a fricking piece of shit and I'm trying to sell it because something breaks every few months and somehow only half the work they have to do is covered by the warranty. If you want an Elantra, lease. Don't fricking buy. They will hold up for a ~4 year lease, but if you buy it you're stuck with a piece of shit car.

Do you ever see an older Hyundai on the road? Me neither. Avoid the brand like hell.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Don't ask the dealer what the N stands for, worst mistake of my life

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What does it stand for?

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's alright
    201 hp feels powerful enough for daily driving
    got 2018 sport sight unseen from carvana because I'm moronic
    push start, so no problems with being stolen
    The only problems are:
    front USB port started fricking off and eventually died completely, so no carplay, but it's ok since bluetooth is still there
    """smart""" trunk started opening by itself, disabled that shit

I did sit in a new 2023 one at a car show and it's somehow worse than mine - I barely fit in mine at 6'4 and fit even worse in a new one. Feels more cramped too with that silly divider
    I also considered upgrading to new year, but the smart cruise control does not fricking exist for some reason on sport trim and there goes the only possible reason to upgrade, since engine is the same
    I'm upgrading to new base 230i instead this year

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *