Thinking of getting a 2-door jeep with the 2.0 turbo. Are they really as unreliable as everyone says?

Thinking of getting a 2-door jeep with the 2.0 turbo. Are they really as unreliable as everyone says?

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why would you get a 2 door jeep with an unreliable 2.0 when you could get a 2 door bronco with a super reliable 2.3 and a 7 speed

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Because pricing and availability of 2-door broncos is fricked

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

If you're buying new just order bespoke and get it for sticker.
        Please don't tell us you're one of those cucks who buys a new car off the lot.

• 3 weeks ago
      [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

ford really fricked up with the bronco by not making it a solid axle, could have been a real competitor but now it's just nothing

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

becky and jackson beg to differ, not like they were taking it off road anyway

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Women don't go off-road.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You're trying too hard

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'm seriously bummed Ford decided to drop the base trim. I want a small infotainment screen, cloth seats, and otherwise nothing else. Now they force you to drop a few extra grand more for a worse trim.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Precisely zero people bought them. Of the dozens of Broncos I've seen since they went on sale, the number of non-Wildtrak/Outer Banks ones I've seen could be counted on one hand with fingers left over. They're almost always battleship grey/blue/orange, and four doors too.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Precisely zero people bought them.
          *blocks you're path*

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Blocks the path because it fricking broke and got stuck

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

From what I recall, you couldn't even order them even when they were an option. 9 different trims, all overpriced.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>They're almost always battleship grey/blue/orange,

What a pity. The shade of green they offer it in is fantastic.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I like the Heritage's classic colours. Cream yellow, eggshell blue... Same sorta colours the Mustang should have, Ford 'grabber' range from 1969-1971

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>heritage classic
            Like a harley!

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It looks nice, but who in their right mind is paying $50k for a different color scheme? Don't even get me started on the fact that the heritage yellow only comes on the $70k trim.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Literally, actually have a nice day even if you're being ironic.

https://i.imgur.com/03NZqgU.jpeg

The 2.0L is high strung and mediocre as frick. The Pentastar is better in every single way except peak power, but that doesn't matter because it doesn't have to rely on forced induction prone to failure. Two door Wranglers are also moronic and for tryhards. The four door is better to live with and has a superior wheelbase for actual off road use.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>forced induction prone to failure
        People keep saying this but I (yes I know, annecdotal evidence) have never once known someone who's engine has blown because of forced induction. The closest would be the supercharger going out on my brother-in-law's first gen Mini Cooper S, which was 20 years old at the time and run ragged, but even then he just put a new one on and that was the end of the story. Not to mention the handful of 20+ year old turbo-d cars I've owned ran just fine, granted they were almost bone stock by the time I had them.
        Nearly everything has a small turbo engine these days and I feel like if catastrophic failures were a regular feature and not just fuddlore informed by memories of Detroit's dogshit half-hearted first attempts at it 40 years ago it would be all over the news by now.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Every now and then a turbo will blow but that's the only thing I've heard about that couldn't also be attributable to treating your car like absolute shit or some brand on the history

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>couldn't also be attributable to treating your car like absolute shit
            Why do Jeeps get the worst brunt of this? Feels like they constantly have issues when the average Jeep owner possesses logic like this https://vxtwitter.com/FadeHubb/status/1785215132219376105

Pre-BMW Mini was like this too, women and morons didn't take regular care of their cars and they broke down, then blamed the car for being unreliable.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

"It's an off-road vehicle, that means it's durable and lasts forever" instead of "it's an off-road vehicle, it's really good at going off road when cared for"

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

2.0 is fine, kind of shit that it's auto only

owned both, for all intents and purposes they are equal but the bronco is much more comfortable and I miss the 7 speed

ford really fricked up with the bronco by not making it a solid axle, could have been a real competitor but now it's just nothing

for 99% of the drivers the IFS is superior and the Jeep edges the Bronco offroad

I'm seriously bummed Ford decided to drop the base trim. I want a small infotainment screen, cloth seats, and otherwise nothing else. Now they force you to drop a few extra grand more for a worse trim.

my 2021 was a base and only cost me $37k the new models are $50k for the closest equivalent trim, fricking insane

How do you like the ZF box and what kind of mileage are you getting? Also what grade of fuel do you run in it? I've had a 4 door 4xe as a rental for a couple of weeks and I have to say I'd never even given a Wrangler a second thought, but I've been eyeballing a 2 door lower trim model now. Reminds me a lot of my old 49 project truck from high school without the drawbacks.

NTA but the ZF is generally fine, mine was, unfortunately my sister in law had hers replaced under warranty due to a no shift issue. I always ran 87 in both the bronco and jeep because "economics" 100k miles between them and no issue

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

why a 2 door when a 4 door costs the same and is superior in every way?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

4 door resale value is a joke, you are a joke.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

that was completely uncalled for.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

He’s insecure and defensive

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>4 door resale value is a joke
        You mean it's low? I haven't noticed that, seems like the 4 doors are more in demand than 2s, 4/5 new jeeps I see on the road are unlimiteds.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

They definitely are, I have no clue what he's talking about. Women love the 4-door.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>resale value
        Why do you even buy something if you plan to resell it?

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

isn't the v6 cheaper and not made in italy?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

yes but less power and guzzles gas like a mf

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>yes but less power and guzzles gas like a mf
        on fuelly they both have an average of 17 mpg, the 3.6 has more horsepower but less torque. it doesn't seem like there's much benefit to the 2.0 unless you get the hybrid, but then you have no choice

>not made in italy
        Sounds like a reason to not buy it

>Sounds like a reason to not buy it
        ford-like performance, ferrari reliability

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>not made in italy
      Sounds like a reason to not buy it

4. 3 weeks ago
    Hotwing

so far im at 80k trouble free miles with mine

I love it tbh. Super comfy, goes anywhere, and with the 2.0T it's legitimately quick

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>80k trouble free

Literally never broken down? thats pretty impressive for an FCA product, even toyotas dont always go that long without breaking down

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I've actually heard good things about the 2.0, a lot of people talking shit are spreading FUD / have never owned one. Only jeep engine in recent times that actually been complete shit was the fiat ecodiesel.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Damn. I once got 80 miles out of my YJ without any issues. (As long you don't count noises that can be covered turning up the radio.)

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Comfy

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

How do you like the ZF box and what kind of mileage are you getting? Also what grade of fuel do you run in it? I've had a 4 door 4xe as a rental for a couple of weeks and I have to say I'd never even given a Wrangler a second thought, but I've been eyeballing a 2 door lower trim model now. Reminds me a lot of my old 49 project truck from high school without the drawbacks.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

get the benistar v6
    2d wrangy gets the mexican chally/charger 3.6 not the shitty jeep one made in michigan by drunks and stoners

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Thread needs more jeeps

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Comfy. Do the side mirrors bolt on from somewhere once you've got the doors off? How practical do you find the two door?

Every now and then a turbo will blow but that's the only thing I've heard about that couldn't also be attributable to treating your car like absolute shit or some brand on the history

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

There's different ways to do mirrors when you remove the doors. That one has um bolted to the pillar. Other have um attach to the door jam and clip in.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I would bet $20,000 that 90% of every online chump that has dissed Jeep Wrangler on reliability has never in their life driven a Jeep product of any kind.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I have a 2013 2 door and its super easy to work on with cheap plentiful parts.
      Besides, I bet most of the reliability complaints come from 30yo women who finally got their Barbie Jeep that are unhappy with the noise and rough ride

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *