Thoughts on GM's 3.0 liter twin turbo? I'm thinking about getting a Cadillac Blackwing.

Thoughts on GM's 3.0 liter twin turbo?

I'm thinking about getting a Cadillac Blackwing. I'd like the V8 model but that's an extra $40k. I know GM V8s are good but I have no idea about their V6s.

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just don't go over the warranty. Gm can't make an ohc v6 for its life.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Thanks

you would be way better off with a bmw

Just get an M340i you absolute doofus. Or the V8.

I'm not against a BMW, but I want something in yellow or purple and I don't see either color option on BMW's website

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

BMW M340i comes in purple

Just don't go over the warranty. Gm can't make an ohc v6 for its life.

Their V6s almost all stretch timing chains, it's amazing. Maybe the turbo ones are better but being unique to Cadillac it's probably expensive and hard to fix

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

man thats so fricking ugly, there is something seriously off
          massive rims
          wheels still look small

I think its how much panel there is above the wheel, smaller ratio means better looking car, simple as.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Twilight purple is/was an option on the M340i, hard to find but they exist. Just look for a used one if they stopped offering that color, the engine and troony combo are solid.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I want something in yellow or purple
        Homosexuality is a sin.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I'm not OP but they are just colors, you insecure, small-minded moron. But stay afraid of simple things in life.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

They are awful colors, tastelet. Ywnbaw

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>baby shit green

yikes

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Let the man be happy. What do want, yet another low gloss grey car in the road?

A real gay move would be butting a BMW instead.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

If you are not a Muslim, get the Cady.
        My work buddy has one, shit’s fast and so far no issues, it’s been 3 years and her dailies it.

The only real downside is that M6 is only offered on the V8 Blackwing.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

My dad is a practicing Muslim and has been driving Cadillac/GM for 30 years

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No offense but why are you on DA, don’t you feel offended

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Only idiots care about the moronic opinions of anonymous DA users.

• 2 weeks ago
          Over9kPreludeGuy

>Blackwing
          >3.0L
          You're looking at the wrong car, it's a 3.6L. But I have one if you have any specific questions. I daily mine year-round, including snow.

>The only real downside is that M6 is only offered on the V8 Blackwing.
          They both come with a manual transmission, and pic related is manual.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Holy shit you old motherfricker, good to see you. With that said, does it feel heavy? I am still between this, a Supra, or just being super conservative and going for CTR (or even giving up on cars and getting a Si).

Concern with the Blackwing is that it will pigfat compared to the Poopra / CTR.

• 2 weeks ago
            Over9kPreludeGuy

It feels pretty nimble actually, not heavy at all. Aside from price, more agile handling is the biggest advantage the CT4 Blackwing has over the CT5.

It's a really great daily if you're looking for something that covers all the bases. The magnetic suspension and valved exhaust let it do a pretty good impression of a regular Cadillac when in tour mode, and you have the practicality and space of a sedan. But you also get a manual transmission, RWD, and lots of performance settings (including line lock and one of the most adjustable launch control programs I've seen). There's very little I'd change about the car; I think my biggest complaint is the lack of a sunglasses holder.

If you do buy one, the only options to really pay attention to are the steering wheel and the HUD. The lowest tier wheel (then one you get if you drop to the lowest tier seats) doesn't have a PTM switch, so it's not as easy to change settings on the fly. And the HUD is just really nice to have, and it even acts as a shift light if you want.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Thanks. Feels like the Blackwing is basically what the M5 used to be now that M5s are meh.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/v6seAAr.jpeg

[...]
      Their V6s almost all stretch timing chains, it's amazing. Maybe the turbo ones are better but being unique to Cadillac it's probably expensive and hard to fix

why are v6 bad? i cant afford a v8

Is this true for the 3.8L L36 V6 too?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

3.8 pushrod is stout, but the later DOHC V6 had horrific timing chain problems at first launch.

Only time will tell if GM actually addressed these problems in terms of long-term reliability.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Only time will tell if GM actually addressed these problems in terms of long-term reliability.
          because 'muricans can't into oil changes
          In HF V6 you must change oil every 10-12k km. In europe those cars have that interval. In 'murica gm put some oil life light and ppl change oil in ile 20k or never lol.
          I was going to buy STS with that engine, cars have over 300k km no problems, my friend uncle have one over 330k. Only problem in those cadillac is rust, they rust like crappy 90s opels. I was looking at 2 cars with WIFI subframes. I live in Europe's rust belt but still.
          Timing change in those engines is simple, 3 chains setup, pretty common in modern V6 engine. Every engine shop in my shithool can do it in like 1-2 days. You don't even need to take out the front of the car or take engine out like in most of european cars.
          Same story with northstar, i had 94 seville. Over 400k, no problems, no head gasket blowing out of engine bay...WHY ?
          We use coolant not water and we change coolant and flush the coolant system sometimes.
          When i sometimes watch american mechanic chanels on YT i lose brain cells.
          Thats why you never get any modern more powerfull EU turbodiesels, you would kill them before the end of warranty. I can't even image your typical mechanic working on that kind of engine, when he have problems with simple 3 chains steup in longitudinal regular v6.
          Thats why i love older murican cars, they are build to run longer broken then eu car runs at all.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you would be way better off with a bmw

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just get an M340i you absolute doofus. Or the V8.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

why are v6 bad? i cant afford a v8

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

BMWs don't have manuals anymore except in the real Ms. Also fake Ms are just kind of insulting to the owner, despite still smoking cars 10k cheaper than them, sort of, sometimes.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/v6seAAr.jpeg

[...]

>recommending a 3968lb hybrid AWD automatic BMW.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You can get it in a pure RWD non-hybrid model too. The V6 Caddy can’t match the performance.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/Vs4aUxK.jpeg

Have you considered an IS500?

No manual, but are indeed direct competitors

https://i.imgur.com/fuVbqpj.png

Thoughts on GM's 3.0 liter twin turbo?

I'm thinking about getting a Cadillac Blackwing. I'd like the V8 model but that's an extra $40k. I know GM V8s are good but I have no idea about their V6s.

If they stuck the LT1 in this it would be my absolute dream car
      You also have the wrong option selected. That is a CT4-V, not a CT4-V Blackwing.
      Blackwing is RWD only and a twin turbo 3.6l V6

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>no manual

Didn’t OP Select the 10 Speed Auto?

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Because he didn't select the Blackwing, there's no manual option on a normal CT4-V.
          If he wants an auto, then I don't see why you'd get the Caddy, the BMW will probably drive much better.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'm sure it's very tunable just like every 3L TT V6, but it's still a V6 and it still sounds like ass, so I wouldn't buy one. New BMW I6s don't sound good but at least they sound a little better than a V6's raspy metallic farting noise. Sound is more important than performance. Everything is fast now, a s°yboy in a tesla SUV will blow your doors off, but good sounds are still special. Even AMGs sound like crap now, that's how special good sound is.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The non "blackwing" -v should have had the non-supercharged 6.2 and still have a clutch pedal. Since it isn't and the v6 is going to be a lot dicier reliability wise, have much less room for aftermarket if you want to go that route, and both turbochargers and slushboxes do worse irl than in the lab tests, I would consider that a hard pass.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

after the rattletech 3ltr? frick no!

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Shiett I'm glad this thread passed on teh tribol nawledge about the GM V6s. I woulda dun gotted meself a Caddy VSex but now I know better.

Will stick with V8s I guess.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

ct5 3.0l non bw vs 3.6l ct4 bw

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Have you considered an IS500?

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I would trust a asiatic V6 over a GM V6 any day. I personally would only lease either. Regardless you can get a pretty nice Genesis for less than $55k.

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Cool, reliable ten yrs. from now? Nah. Lease PLEASE, enjoy it, then pass onto next model-year/ go to something else.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I drove one, it sucks.
    Top tier suspension, great seats, garbage steering, cheapshit dash/rest of the interior with random nice materials sprinkled haphazardly, looks cheap/ugly on the outside. I'd consider one at $50k but against the Giula Quadrifoglio and M3 at those pricepoints its not even in the running, not close.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Quadrifoglio is black wing tier price, though I checked one out a few weekends ago and it was 86k brand new in that beautiful green.

I’ve been into both cars, the clover is:
      -less spacious inside, tiny doors, less headroom, smaller trunk
      -better interior than the Cady for sure
      -better looks
      -more aggressive, it really feels track ready
      -can’t be had with s stick, at least in the US of A, which is a shame given bmw still offers the sniffer with it

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

If it's the same price as a G80 M3 op is better off buying a 2-3 year old M3 off lease as CPO. You can get them in bright safety vest yellow, british racing green, and violet. And it's a way better car than the Caddy.

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What an ugly car. Doesn't scream "luxury" at all. Looks like a frickin' Impala.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *