"Tire Aging" is a myth cont'd.

A bunch of morons had temper tantrums because they wanted proof that I have tires on my car or something. Anyways, as it turns out they're from 2004 not 2002, so oopsies, but here's a pic of the date code. I drove on these for my 1400 mile trip and around town after that and I still haven't spontaneously combusted.

You can admit I'm right+lick my boots now.

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

And yet here you are begging for attention!
      Here's your (you). You can call me Daddy now.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It says right there that they were made in the year 2104, dumbass.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No you idiot, the 21 is for 9+10=21

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Stupid

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Erm, no sweaty, you're the stupid one. 9+10=21

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

OP is a gay part du
    OP is still 1 person IP flipping and being a trolling gay
    Don't respond to OP
    Hide thread
    Do your due diligence a repurd

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I don't care enough about tards' opinions to have 2 IPs. What you see is what you get. And what you see is my 20 year old tires that are still good to go.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>still good to go
        tell me that again next time you drive in the rain

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Drove in rain on my trip. 0 issues.

kys you attention prostitute. you're a dumb c**t, nobody cares, hope they all blow out while you're on the highway.

Nice temper tantrum, it's very on-brand for someone of your stupidity

https://i.imgur.com/4TsXVhK.jpeg

>i drove 1400 miles at 48 mph on old tires you just got owned chud!!
          skipped the first blog
          still dont care
          drive like you have some testosterone in your system and those tires will say adios

80mph and they were fine, you're tarded if you're asking me to street race a passenger van.

"Nah bro you don't get it if I want to drive I fire up my bughatti!"
          OP probably

I don't have a Bugatti, I have a 911. I don't street race in a passenger van. That's what tards like you do.

This is democrat level denial of reality.

I agree, these tards are especially 'tarded

Any other tards need a (you) from Daddy?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Anyone that calls themself daddy in situations like this is a basement-dwelling pedophilic incel allergic to bathing or hygiene and hopelessly addicted to almost all of the drugs that exist.

You know, the usual kind of person you see voting democrat.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>muh politics! waa waa waa!
            Sounds like you just can't get enough of Daddy's attention, tard. Go on, tell Daddy how bad you need his attention. Extra groveling, it's hilarious.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You aren't helping your image, so I assume you're that kid that gets off on pretending to be moronic.
            Seek professional help, this isn't a healthy mental state.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Isn't it so weird how you're claiming I'm this crazy psycho but you're still begging, pleading for my attention?

We both know you can't stand the thought of being without Daddy's attention. Just admit it.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Seek professional help.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>still begging for Daddy's attention

It's so funny how you pretend that's not why you keep responding

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The unhinged fetishism you lefties love doesn't really help you here.
            This is a thread about tires, not troony fantasies.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You know that every time you beg for my attention I'll give you just a little bit. And that's why you keep doing it.

You know you can talk about tires if you want, but you're not here for tires. You're here for me.

You're the fetishist in this thread. Admit it.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'm curious how far you carry this unhinged fetish larp.
            Unfortunately for you it's gardening season and I have lots of garden left to turn in the morning. Seek professional help.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Right, write it off as "muh curiosity" while you project your fetish onto me.
            I can't tell if you're just terrible at hiding your fetish or if you yourself are in denial that you have it, either way I hope you either admit it or get over it

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Dude please take your fetish somewhere else, nobody wants to see you do this shit on a thread about tires

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>literal bus driver

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I drive a van on road trips so I can seat many people
            >this is somehow a bad thing
            Please explain why you are retarfed

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Drive em for another 2k miles and watch the tread on them explode and take out your fender with it. Ask me how I know (it happened twice)

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Can you not read? I just took them on a 1400mi road trip

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

can you not numbers?
        2k miles > 1400mi

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Oh, my bad, I forgot that tires are an on/off switch. So as soon as I hit 2000 miles since you posted that comment, they'll spontaneously combust?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

tires are either not exploded, or exploded. there is no in between.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

So your tires are just as bad as mine, got it.

Why are you such a hypocrite to drive on the exact same tires as me and have temper tantrums about it?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>there is no in between.
            Schrodinger's tire

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

don't drive on old tires that have been left out in the sun or out in the weather for long periods of time without movement. That's when they crack up and frick out. trailer tires are notorious for it. if they are old tires that have been sitting in a store for 20 years they will be absolutely fine. if you pull a pair of tires off a pile that's been sitting out the back of shop for 20 years then they are fricked

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>cannot discern Bridgestone from BF Goodrich

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

One axle is Bridgestone the other is BFG. Sue me for forgetting which one was from 04 and which was from 08

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm currently driving on a set of all-terrains from 2005. Just did 100 mph on them yesterday.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

those have dry rot

https://i.imgur.com/wRla5ss.jpeg

A bunch of morons had temper tantrums because they wanted proof that I have tires on my car or something. Anyways, as it turns out they're from 2004 not 2002, so oopsies, but here's a pic of the date code. I drove on these for my 1400 mile trip and around town after that and I still haven't spontaneously combusted.

those look fine

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Just did 100 mph on them yesterday.
      Don't do that again, or I'm telling.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

If he wants to drive on those cracked ass tires, it's his own problem. Although I don't get the point of letting your tires get that bad. All it takes is driving on them once in a while and keeping them out of the sun.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Stop beating off to cartoons.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You can't make me

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

At least it's just pictures instead of the real thing like Dodge drivers do.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Cool, I drove on 9 year old tires for a few months and after taking them on the highway for the first time I experienced a blowout at 70mph. YMMV.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>I bought shitty used tires.
      Found your problem

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Imagine driving so little you haven't worn through 20 year old tires lmao

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Imagine not daily driving your passenger van
      You daily drive your passenger van? Sounds like a sad life, I daily my 911and leave my van for road trips

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

All you c**ts deserve a blow out at 80mph.
    Tires are the single most important component in any wheeled vehicle.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>I am so jealous of you that I will wish harm to you!

Crabs in a bucket. Instead of improving yourself to be like me you'll make some sad failed attempt to bring me down. Pathetic.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

the tire isn’t gonna have sex with you man

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>So ass blasted that he has to make another thread "proving" he's right
    More moronic than all the AI Simpsons posts

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Remind me, was it me or was it morons like you having a temper tantrum in the replies for 12 days on the last thread?

(Hint: it was morons like you. Thanks for admitting I'm right.)

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

kys you attention prostitute. you're a dumb c**t, nobody cares, hope they all blow out while you're on the highway.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Tire wear is a thing of the past because of the advanced technology we have nowadays. EVs will never need a tire change.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You know, why do we even bother with tires anyway? It's just more useless crap that consumerism convinced people they need.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I got tires from 1986 on my tractor that say "made in ussr"

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Nice. Speed and safety is part of what I care about when running old tires.
      Wheel barrow? slow speed bicycle?
      don't care
      motorcycle, trailer, car?
      care

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>i drove 1400 miles at 48 mph on old tires you just got owned chud!!
    skipped the first blog
    still dont care
    drive like you have some testosterone in your system and those tires will say adios

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

"Nah bro you don't get it if I want to drive I fire up my bughatti!"
      OP probably

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This is democrat level denial of reality.

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

old tires are fine if they're not dry rotted or in bad shape, if they've been stored properly they're probably good enough

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Sticking your dick into an electrical outlet and not dying doesn't make it safe. You're a moron who thinks big israelite is truly pushing tire replacements for no reason. No traction compound is lasting that long while being at it's most effective, good enough does not mean good. I drove 900 miles home on a set of 10 year old Toyo A/T's and while they looked weathered and cracked before hitting the road, a week after it was home and parked chunks began popping off the sidewalls and 1/8" cracks had split all over them.

Just admit you're a cheap moronic frick who compromises others and his own safety and thinks he's intellectually superior.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Temper tantrum
      Try again when you've calmed down.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Pretending to be moronic isn't healthy and you should seek a mental health professional.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I see the fetishist is back for more of my attention. Let's do this somewhere else than the tire thread. Or is the public humiliation part of why you do this?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No temper at all, I couldn't care less if you blow a tire and careen into a telephone pole. Risk your life or have a nice day I do not care, but do not risk someone else's.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>no temper
          Yes, we are aware you have 0 temper. That is why you're having a temper tantrum. You don't need to remind us.

>muh don't care!
          But you're still here begging and pleading for attention?

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Tire aging is NOT a myth and OP is a moronic homosexual. Nobody knows more about old, worn and dated tires than me. Yes, it matters and to think otherwise is moronic. Can you get lucky? Defy the odds? Sure, but I'm still right. There is no "myth", only moronic people.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Nice temper tantrum. You can try again when you're ready to behave.

19. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

its sort of a myth... if the tires develop cracks due to age then they now run a high risk of blowing its just the way it is. but if they havent cracked yet then you got a high quality brand and you can run them into the ground for 5 decades if you want. or until they become smooth enough to be absolute shit in rain/snow then you can get new ones.

people replacing tires prematurely because muh manufacturing dates are the biggest homosexuals ever and usually drive an egg with a built in dilator

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No no no, you have to replace your tires every week regardless of any other variable.

20. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  21. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Fine, I'll bite. All the shitposting and emotions aside, what do you think you did to make your tires last?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Nothing. He says he did nothing aside from park the vehicle they're mounted on in the shade

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yep. Buy quality, drive it once in a while so the rubber won't turn to rock, park it in the shade, it literally is that simple.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

What brand of tire?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

One pair of BFGs one pair of Bridgestones. Originally 4 Bridgestones but the car ran over something sharp in ~2008 hence the unmatched pairs.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

How are the tires on your Poorsche?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

They're great, as are the tires on any car I own

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous
          • 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What are you on about? Posting pictures of a drawing of tires, what does that mean? Speak English

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

do not store 4 tires upright together. you can store 4 hanging, or 3 stacked.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Off brand Bridgestones that are totally legit bro

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>off brand bridgestones
            That's not how brands work. Ling Long or Tigerpaw is an off brand, Bridgestone or BFGoodrich are name brands.

I think you need to do some reading and then you can try again.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Counterfeits don't exist
            Dang bro I'd love to live in whatever world you have

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>buying counterfeit tires
            Why in God's name would you ever buy from a shop that sells counterfeit tires? Are you stupid?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I dunno you're the one running around on trash

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>You buy counterfeit tires
            >Try to comment on anyone else's tires
            Lolno, try again when you stop buying fake linglongs

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

My man, I only use Michelins

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No, you use counterfeit tires because you're too moronic to not buy counterfeits somehow.

22. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Allegedly if they're not dried-up they're fine, that's why the tire shop guy told me at least.

23. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Rubber gets hard and brittle as it ages. It’s just a fact.

Tires are constantly flexing and moving and bearing weight. The harder they are the closer they come to cracking and failing…under pressure and weight and at speed. They’ll blow up throw heavy hard debris moving at high speed somewhere.

Further they don’t have as much friction.

It’s just stupid to keep using those

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I tow stuff at 70mph all the time, you're just marketing-addled

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

what if i moisturize my tires

24. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I need front tires now, and rear tires soon. I have a toyota sienna. I am moving from west coast US to new england (3500 mile drive). I want larger diameter, snow rated tires once in new england. However, I want stock diameter tires for the drive since i will be towing.

Will 2x Mohave brand front tires and my ironman with 3/32 thread left in the rear get me across the country while towing?

tldr I want the cheapest tire option for a 3500 mile ride and will get actual nice tires once i get to where im going, but I do not want any issues on that 3500 mile drive

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Did you not read any part of this thread?
      Rule #1. Buy quality, not shit.

Even "Linglong Crosswinds" will be better than "Mohave" and "Ironman"

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

did you not read past my first sentence? I am getting nice tires once I get to where im going. I only need something to get thru the next 4000 miles.

I can not get the nice tires now because i want a larger diameter. larger diameter while towing on a long road trip will be very hard on the transmission, which is why i wont do it

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Just get the nice tires and shift down one gear if you're actually worried about the transmission

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

the larger tires are effectvely the same as towing an extra 1000 lbs. even with the stock tires id be shifting down a gear, you fricking idiot. do you want me to drive across the 4th largest country on the planet in 3rd gear?
            that still doesnt help me all the times i have to accelerate thru 1st and 2nd.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>A slightly larger tire is the same as 1000lbs.
            No, no it is not, at all.
            A taller tire is equivalent to taller gearing. The gear in your transmission/differential doesn't change how much a trailer weighs. You should do some reading then try again.

Exactly what size tires are you planning to run on your Toyota Sienna Minivan anyways? Are you one of those idiots who thinks their FWD minivan looks good with 35s? It doesn't, FYI

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>A taller tire is equivalent to taller gearing. The gear in your transmission/differential doesn't change how much a trailer weighs.
            its amazing you dont understand the most fundamental and basic aspects of mechanics. you have no idea what gears or leverage are. good job showing us all how moronic you are

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

This is a sad attempt at projection.

If your Toyota Sienna Minivan is genuinely so close to the brink of breakdown that a 5% change in tire size kills it, you have no business trusting it to get you anywhere even with the smaller tire.

>you don't understand leverage!
            You are claiming that a slightly different tire is equal to a flat, arbitrary addition of 1000lbs to the mass of a trailer. It's YOU who doesn't understand gears or leverage.

Good job showing us all how moronic you are.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>arbitrary addition of 1000lbs to the mass of a trailer.

its not just the trailer dumbass. its the driver, its the fuel, its the entire van, its everything that is loaded into the van. and then yeah, its the trailer, and everything loaded into the trailer.

if the tire is 7% bigger, then the curb weight, trailer weight, and a load inside the van adds up to like 800lbs extra load based solely on the gearing. youre being quite the pedantic c**t cuz I rounded to 1000.

If someone is going to drive 3500 miles, including through mountains, then yeah, not having an extra 800lbs of load would be great, especially for 15 year old automatic transmissions which tend to overheat when put under large loads for extended periods of time

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>tire size difference is equal to [arbitrary] higher weight!
            No you fricking moron

Bigger tire is the same as a taller (lower number) final drive.
            If I have a 3.5 and increase my tire size 20% the vehicle effectively acts as if it has a 2.8 diff.
            If my engine has 100 TORKS it puts 350 TORXS with the normal tires and 280 TORQCHS with the bigger tires.

>800 pounds
            moron my god you're all stupid
            kill your local old people, folks

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

what unit is torque measured in dumbass. its ft*lbs.

thats foot POUNDS

its almost like using a weight to describe the effect of different gearing is completely valid

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you're just being moronic for the sake of being moronic, I guess

DA is not High School Debate Club.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I am worried that my Toyota Sienna Minivan will overheat and die because of a 3% change in tire size

If it's going to die with a 3% taller ratio it's going to die without it too.

I think it's time for you to turn in your driver's license and get a bus pass. You're clearly not mentally fit to tie your shoes let alone drive a car.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>its not just the trailer, it's the van too
            Why are you planning to run a tire that you genuinely believe will instantly kill your transmission even WITHOUT the trailer?

what are the consequences of
            my vehicle breaking down with all my belongings in it 2000 miles away from home
            vs
            my mostly empty vehicle breaking down a couple of miles from where i live and work.

ill give you a hint: one is significantly more difficult to deal with than the other.

>3%
            I clearly wrote 7% but if you need to ignore reality to feel like youve won, well, then go tie your shoes in front of a bus

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>7%
            if your 1st gear is a 4.5x ratio, your final is a 3.3 and you engine makes TOO HUNNED TERKS
            that's 2970ft-lb at the wheel
            With a 7% larger tire that's 2762

it isnt 800ft-lb, it isn't enough to make any real difference in normal driving,
            you'll see a 0.1 second 0-60 increase, and a MPG decrease so small you won't be able to accurately measure it.

stop being fricking stupid

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>i said 7%!
            If you genuinely believe that changes anything about your moronation you need to immediately apologize to your tardwrangler.

Just put the proper sized, quality tire on the car. Why would you even want to put a 7% different tire on anyway? What are you hoping to gain?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>its not just the trailer, it's the van too
            Why are you planning to run a tire that you genuinely believe will instantly kill your transmission even WITHOUT the trailer?

25. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>and I still haven't spontaneously combusted.

Look at this moron being proud for riding on garbage

Since you're a moron let me explain to you that rubber rots and because yours hasn't exploded yet doesn't mean the chances of it happening hasn't gone up 10x so have fun with that gamble I guess

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>temper tantrum about how you're mad because you're marketing-addled

You can try again when you're ready to behave, OK?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I'm not, you are

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>I'm not, you are.
          Yes, we already established that you aren't ready to behave. You don't need to remind me that I'm better than you.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>You don't need to remind me that I'm better than you.

My car has new tires.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Careful there, don't you know that having things that aren't a decade past their best condition is Le hecking consumerisms!?
            You should be ashamed of yourself! Being contrarian is a sign of high intelligence you know!

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Another marketing-addled moron. Parhetic.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I wasted money because I'm marketing addled.
            Again, you don't need to remind me I'm better than you. I already know.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Again, you don't need to remind me I'm better than you.

Oh okay we got a clear winner.

Here celebrate with some milk, expired just like you like.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Tires aren't made of milk. I don't know how you managed to get this wrong, it's pretty obvious that tires aren't made of milk

26. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

threads like this are why I understand politicians who want to make "disinformation" a felony depending on what was said and what happened because of it

I hate it, fricking hate it, but people like OP make it necessary
    I should murder OP. Sounds like a good idea.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>I should threaten violence against OP for refusing to buy into the rampant consumerism epidemic.

This is how I know I'm right. The ones who hate freedom, will threaten violence against people who refuse to be controlled.

Thanks for outing yourself as a tyrant-loving bootlicker.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

don't care

you'll be culled along with the rest

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Try it, and tell me how tar+feathers tastes 🙂

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

don't care
            you'll be culled along with the rest

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

When did DA become a China simp board?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

m8 I think the people trying to convince english speakers that dangerous tires are not dangerous,
            would be chinese people

don't care you're going to get culled like all the other bugs

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>literal CCP propaganda about murdering anyone who doesn't comply to your wishes
            >temper tantrum when i call you out for spouting CCP propaganda

You really aren't the brightest bulb, are you?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You're australian I just want you to know nobody respects people from your prison island

27. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Anon's bait clear worked. Bait thread at its finest.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It may be bait but he's right

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Exactly. It would be bait if I was wrong, and only saying it to make morons mad.

This on the other hand, is true AND makes morons mad, which is 2 birds with one stone.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'm gonna visit this anon in the hospital like picrel

28. 3 weeks ago
    s10fag

i dug a hf trailer out of the weeds, its however old the last time they put 4.80's on them is, i know they sell them w radials now. Wouldnt hold air, lawnmower intertubes in them. Its gone 30 miles at 55 so far and the flat spots worked out of them. Think it will go another 40?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Duct tape it, bobs your aunty

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

those are bias plies
      they last a hell of a lot longer than radials. moreover, they can sit for long periods without trouble.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

left says 02/96. right doesn't have a dot code

29. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

ive been wondering about tire age. I have some enkei j10s with indy 500s on them and i would drive on them but i was thinking of giving them to my sister but wondering if dry AZ 5 year old tires are okay to give someone whos never experienced a tire going out at speed. i have a suspicion that the odds of them blowing out arent any worse than some new cheap tires.

30. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Remember, guys, rubber doesn't decay ever, things like pic related are literally marketing lies to con you into buying more things.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>posting in bad faith
      That should be a bannable offense. That rubber is in constant contact with fuel and oil, it's a pump for a carburetor.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>That rubber is in constant contact with fuel and oil
        This rubber decayed after sitting dry for 20 years and was no longer flexible. The oil on it in the picture is there after the fact from when it was being removed for replacement.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You mean the gasoline dried out, in other words the rubber absorbed most of it.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Negative. The primer bulb and fuel lines were replaced during a carb rebuild, and it was never used again due to the old man that owned it falling ill and no longer being able to garden. They never saw fuel.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You rebuild a carb and don't test it?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Who would have thought a moron is moronic?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>You rebuild a carb and don't test it?
            Can you not read?
            I got it from my old neighbor after her husband died, it was still on the workbench from when he rebuilt it 20 some years previously.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Again,
            >sat unused for 20 years
            There's your problem.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Flexing rubber does not magically make the organic compounds in it that allows it to flex not evaporate over time.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'm sorry, which one of us has 22 year old tires in good condition and which one of us has a carburetor that's shattering?

You can admit I'm right and beg for forgiveness now.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Based

Flexing rubber does not magically make the organic compounds in it that allows it to flex not evaporate over time.

It does avoid the crystallization into harder structures

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No no no, you don't understand. Obviously time is the only factor in how long tires last. They instantly nuclear-detonate 90 days after purchase.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>good condition
            >visibly cracked
            Mutually exclusive.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Where are the visible cracks? Unless you're somehow so moronic that you think the paint on the lettering is indicative of the tire's condition, in which case you should probably apologize to your tardwrangler immediately.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>you think the paint on the lettering is indicative of the tire's condition
            In the extreme closeup you provided, there are multiple cracks that extend into the sidewall. Your tire is failing due to the rubber compounds breaking down.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You are genuinely schizophrenic, the picture contains no such cracks.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

He thinks this

https://i.imgur.com/jQXCCL2.jpeg

I'm currently driving on a set of all-terrains from 2005. Just did 100 mph on them yesterday.

is your pic

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Then he's moronic and he should feel bad.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/wRla5ss.jpeg

>no there are no cracks you science-denying fascist, stop believing your lying eyes!
            The ones near the bead are the ones that are going to get you, but keep living in the weird delusion that things only fail because of marketing or whatever shit you're spouting.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>shows marks caused by the molding process
            >they're cracks bro, trust!

So how did you get this moronic? Or were you just born this way?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

also,
            >guys look the paint is a little bit old!
            Tires aren't made of paint, anon.

I get that you're moronic and jealous of me, but could you be jealous in a less moronic way?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>It sat completely untouched for 20 years.

Gee, almost like I've been saying this entire time "don't leave rubber untouched for multiple years"

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

ive never touched a rubber in my life
            child support is a b***h

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's your own fault. Don't be silly, wrap your willy. Ask Chuck Sheen or Magic Johnson.

31. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

how do we know these tires aren't sitting out in a field somewhere and you actually drove them

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What would I get out of lying? It would be a waste to make morons mad over something that isn't actually true.

Choose not to believe me if you want, the same way you can choose to believe 2+2=5.

32. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's not 2104 yet.

33. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

In good conditions they can last for a while, swap them out if they're visibly dry rotted along the edges. If they look alright then they probably are.
    >t. had picrel happen at 70mph in an 84 regal

34. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Tires do age and crack. You’ll notice a loss of air pressure over time. Don’t be a moron and change them every 8 years regardless of mileage.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>you'll notice loss of air pressure over time
      Anon, that happens to every tire regardless of age. Tires will lose air over the course of a few months. You should be refilling any tire at least every season.

35. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I drove winter and summer tyres that were 15 years old for like 3 years.

They came with the car and I didnt have money to change it.

During the winter I couldn't brake, accelerate or turn without losing traction. During the summer I couldn't hit a water puddle without almost dying.

Great experience overall and made me into a better driver. I never let anyone else drive the car because I knew they'd probably die in the first corner but towards the end of that car's life I was going 100km/h on small forest roads in the winter with zero accidents.

On my new car I got some bald summer tyres that were 8 or 9 years old. Drove em and it was great for traction lmao but when I arrived at work one day one of em popped.

In theory you can have 15 year old tyres and they'll still be fine as long as they were stored properly. But no one ever stores tyres properly, at least not that long.

Oldest tyres I've run was an old volvo and I was in a pinch. Grabbed an old pair of wheels that were in the back of the barn and put em on. Drove em for 3-4 months. I think they were made 1980 something.

Worked great.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

And those same tards that can't figure out how to keep tires out of the sun go on and project their moronation onto those of us who actually have brains

36. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I had a pair of the fricking cheapest Dexteros on my old Suburban. They went 10 years before starying to crack. Meanwhile my KO2s on my Blazer lasted 3 years before the split down the sidewall.

37. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Meh, don't really care if it's a myth, I err to an unreal degree of caution, I check fluids, tire pressure, tread, rotor and pad eveness/thickness (respectively), keep the engine bay routinely clean (about once every three weeks, not a large commuter rn, specifically to spot leaks), and detail the interior and exterior.

I take care of my car, and it's an old-ass honda suv. I don't prefer to use tires that are old, because I've personally had the experience of witnessing blow-outs (parents' car, they had crusty tires on, and BOOM). I don't want that, so to the best of my ability, I check my shit.

Years, ehh, I'd probably go one or so over the recommended, but if I have the dough, I know that I'm investing by purchasing newer rubber. Versus the higher probability of less frickery from older rubber before it wears away.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>I'd let my tires be one year older than recomended
      You'd let your tires get 1 year and 90 days old? That's so dangerous, how dare you anon!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *