Toyota Century

>V12
>Wool seats
>Black mirror finish
>4 speed automatic
Talk me out of it. It’s only $10k ($5k if I want one with 150,000 miles).

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>>4 speed automatic
    that should do all the talking

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

4 speeds is all you need.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

If you need more than four speeds, you're driving like an butthole.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Ok, but i like 6+ gears in the box.
        And ill still drive like an butthole in a 4spd

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why not get the 5k one? It’s a 500k mile car.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Only reason is perhaps worse interior quality and the $10k is local so I can go see it. But yeah, $5k is a steal and I have a big yard.

>>4 speed automatic
      that should do all the talking

Apparently the 6 speed automatic version that came later introduced “eco friendly” bullshit and is worse.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Also, I lied. It’s ~122k miles @ $7k vs 45k miles @ $11k.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Buy the 7k one for sure. Less miles doesn't mean it's been taken care of.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Getting parts is an absolute b***h and working on it is even more of a pain.
    Mate had one and hated the ever living shit out of it. Didn't help that getting rid of it was also nigh impossible as it didn't have any of that JDM tyte fast&furry rep.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

the best experience of this vehicle is riding in the back. buying it to drive is as moronic as buying a limo just to ride in the front like a dumbass. a town car would be better in every way if you just want something to cruise in.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

True, you don't buy these things for the driving experience which to be completely honest is kinda shit, you nowadays buy them to be unique and because it's cool.
        Now I'm biased, but I legit think the BMW E32 750i is the superior V12 barge. It drives better, has better parts availability, is cheaper to maintain and upkeep and if you grab the highline model, the rear seat experience is just as good as in the century.
        Honestly I dno't think there's anything the century does better in general compared to the E32 and E38 aside for maybe street cred for being more unique and being made longer so that latter models obviously have more modern tech in them. Comparing a 90s model to a 90s BMW or Benz V12 and in my opinion it just falls short.

Is that in the US? I’m in japland so I thought it’d be easier.

Yurop, in nipnog you obviously are ging to have a better time with it and in that case I'd probably get one myself too instead of the BMW or Merc V12 (not really because I'd want to be an unique special snowflake)

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I am under the impression that OP would be Australian or Kiwi which would explain why there are multiple around them and would probably make importing parts significantly cheaper.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Is that in the US? I’m in japland so I thought it’d be easier.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Buy an ae86 you crazy nip what’s wrong with you?

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The cheapest GT Apex is over $20k, but a regular model is only $10k ish. Seems expensive. Also, I want to larp as Keisuke not Takumi.
          https://www.goo-net.com/usedcar/spread/goo/13/700056104130231210002.html#back

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's an ae85

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Didn't help that getting rid of it was also nigh impossible
      when was this? i feel like they're more well known now, now that more and more youtubers got their hands on them, for better or for worse

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Wonder if a ZF8 could swap in with reasonable effort. Or if there's any performance stuff for that engine.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>4 speed
    does the 4th just cover over 200 kmph? this sounds very fuel hungry

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

My suburban is geared for 240 Mph / 400 km/h top speed, so I assume the v12 Toyota has similar ratios.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

the highest speed limit in Japan is 75mph, so I would be surprised if it were

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The specs posted online are questionable, but it looks like the rear end and overdrive would put it around 200 MPH at 6000 RPM

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

the highest speed limit in Japan is 75mph, so I would be surprised if it were

ratios for the 4 spd a342e:
        1st: 2.531
        2nd: 1.531
        3rd: 1.0
        4th: 0.753
        reverse : 1.880
        final drive: 3.615

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Automatics don't work like manuals. Torque converter means there's always a bit of slip allowing for more progressive transitions from gear to gear. So you can make the final drive a bit longer to compensate.

It probably does about 13-16mpg combined.

That's an ae85

85 and 86 have the same chassis, the difference is the drivetrain (SOHC engine, cable clutch, open rear diff, rear drum brakes)

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

85 had a completely different, smaller axle and the ae86 had drum brakes on the base model.

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>talk me out of it
    parts are expensive and unobtainium

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

this would be the biggest bear

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

missed that OP said he is in Nipistan, so they might be more available, but I'm sure they're still expensive.

7. 2 weeks ago
    p

>Skyhook suspension
    >japans only v12
    >only 3999lbs plus tip
    >larp as yakuza

I wouldn’t spend $10k on that but $5k for sure

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Talk me out of it.
    They're not made to be driven you're supposed to ride in the back. If you drive it yourself you're missing the point.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Pay 5k for proven reliable vehicle probably owned by a service that kept it well maintained because it was a business assett
    >argue down 10k as much as possible

Worst comes to worse you have a parts car, which is invaluable when century parts are as expensive as they are.

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Honestly it’s a cope vehicle which the owners have to find every opportunity to mention it’s “muh heckin V12!!!”.

>slow.
    >have to larp as a chauffeur.
    >can’t even afford a driver to drive you around.
    >too old to impress thots.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>slow.
      Not really
      >have to larp as a chauffeur.
      You don't have any friends or family to drive around with?
      >can’t even afford a driver to drive you around.
      My brother would gladly drive me around
      >too old to impress thots.
      I don't want to be with prostitutes.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>>V12
      In a disgusting landbarge so no point. Also low-revving anchor.

>cope vehicle which the owners have to find every opportunity to mention it’s “muh heckin V12!!!”
      This 100%. Cylinder count fetishism incarnate.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just know that you'll look like a dumb poorgay driving it around.
    (the rich never buy used cars because they know poors like you can afford them)

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Imagine caring about status.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Imagine wanting to drive a car that doesn't have anything going for it except expired status

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>responding to bait that low quality
        anon come the frick on

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>V12
    Buy instantly.
    >4 speed
    It could be a 2 speed for all i care, dat low end torque from high cylinder count

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>>V12
      In a disgusting landbarge so no point. Also low-revving anchor.

>cope vehicle which the owners have to find every opportunity to mention it’s “muh heckin V12!!!”
      This 100%. Cylinder count fetishism incarnate.

Yin and Yang

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *