What brand of clay bar, buffing compound, and hand wax do you recommend?

What brand of clay bar, buffing compound, and hand wax does DA recommend?

CRIME Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Sorry for being the "I don't have A, but here's B" guy, but kind of a cool tip I tried for when I was trying to fold the clay bar is nuking it in the microwave for a couple seconds, makes it way easier to fold.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Thanks

i dont have a favorite brand top to bottom, but i like turtle wax for spray wax, meguiars for paste waxes and interior detailers, chemical guys for clay kit. i have some adams polishes and mothers stuff mixed in. stoner’s tarminator and invisible glass works good too. i like CQUARTZ for ceramic coats

Thanks. Anything helps. I haven't waxed a car in 40 years and none of the products I'm looking for are there any more

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

turtle wax ice spray wax and meguiars gold class paste wax are my gotos. available in basically every auto parts store or walmart. i like mothers instant detailer because it smells like cinnamon, useful for cleaning underhood, or doorjambs, or hard to reach places

costco sells a bulk pack of microfiber towels for like $20. good investment that will last you several years

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Clay I just use whatever I get on Amazon for the actual clay
          To lube the clay I use Mothers hybrid ceramic detailer, or Meguiars Quik Detailer.

I don't buff my cars often enough to have a favorite. I accept minor surface scuffs on my older cars and let wax fill in the absolute tiniest.

Wax I use Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic liquid for my dailies. It smells like passion fruit or something. Real nice.
          For my weekend cars I use either their Gold Class caranuba or Malco Cherry Flash liquid caranuba which of course smells like cherries. I really like Cherry Flash as I can apply it with a machine and it wipes off easily.

Actually the best I've used is Klasse wax and sealer, that shit makes such a good finish but it's a two pass (or more, depends how many layers of wax you wanna put down) process to apply so it's a pain in the ass. If I had unlimited time, I'd just use Klasse every time, but a tiny bit goes a long way, I've had picrel kit since like 2015. No nice smells but good shit.

>cinnamon smell detailer
          I can smell it now. I also like that stuff. That's what I use my detailers for as well, same type of stuff as well as lubing clay bars.

Also for basically anything that isn't the paint outside, or pretty much anything on the interior, 303 Aerospace protectant is my go to. I spritz down the whole interior and wipe it off. Doesn't leave an oily film like ArmorAll wipes, makes shit look amazing, keeps the UV damage down. I always have at least 2 bottles on hand.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Meguiars

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i dont have a favorite brand top to bottom, but i like turtle wax for spray wax, meguiars for paste waxes and interior detailers, chemical guys for clay kit. i have some adams polishes and mothers stuff mixed in. stoner’s tarminator and invisible glass works good too. i like CQUARTZ for ceramic coats

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>clay bar
    no particular opinion
    >buffing compound
    oberk or rupes; klasse if I'm being lazy/not cutting
    >hand wax
    collinite. also like them for QD's

that turtle wax spray on shit is amazing for the application time and cost

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I've found Griot's consistently good. Not cheap, but good. Really like their spray detailer and their rubber spray.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have no real input on compounds, I like Meguiars Ultimate Compound for fixing smaller scratches, but I tend to not bother compounding paint much and I’m not a pro detailer.
    All my cars stay waxed though, and the absolute best I’ve found is the Griots ceramic spray wax, the toxic waste green colored stuff. It lasts longer than anything else I’ve ever used, and has gives a really nice color depth on dark cars. The turtle wax ceramic is also decent but doesn’t look as good or last as long as the griots.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

For me, its Mags, all the way down.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Does any of the plastic trim restoration shit actually work long term?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

If they still make this stuff, its the balls and the breasts
      Not greasy looking and lasts a really long time

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Mothers Ceramic Trim Restore is the best I've found.

Didn't see either at the store so I'll have to order some. Did see some meguiars whatever
        >lasts WEEKS!
        Yeah no thanks

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

https://mothers.com/products/cmx-ceramic-trim-restore-and-coat-01300

I found it at Ollie's Bargain Outlet, on clearance. I think Advance Auto might also carry it.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Mothers Ceramic Trim Restore is the best I've found.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Here in EU they sell store brand bottles of silicone spray (for trim) and glycerine (for tires). It doesn't last too long but I'm partial to known substances instead of some special snowflake mixture that may or may not work.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Picrel works 75% as good as clay bar and costs way less. It's a bit soft and once you use it a little it starts to fall apart, but it comes in pint sized tubs for $2.00 so you can run through it without a care. Pair with whichever spray quick detailer you have or is cheap.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I have some of that stuff I never use, might try it

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

All pointless memeshit. A spray bottle of ultimate wash and wax is all you need.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I like the turtle wax hybrid line

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

For the cars I actually care to polish and wax, I tend to just use Pinnacle for clay, shampoo, polish, and wax. I've found that they give the best results for the amount of work. They are good and fast, sacrificing cheap.

For the beaters I use either Meguiars or Duragloss wash/wax/polish combo shampoo, and a Duragloss spray wax. Cheap by the gallon and gets the job done well enough on a car with no pretense of having perfect paintwork.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *