What is the ideal car for a techie and why?

What is the ideal car for a techie and why?

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The suckless car. It's a buggie that aims to have the bare minimum to be road-legal

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

As a senior software engineer in Vancouver, BC I drive a Tesla Model 3 Long Range (no lease, no loan, paid off)

AMA

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

why would i want to ask losers and compulsive liars of DA anything? i wouldn't ask you Black folk for the time of day. you'd still lie about that too. baffling, reddit.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

No car because a techie never leaves the house. He lives in a goybox right next to work, where sandip and kumar stink up the office

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

> that cringe screenshot
    my fricking sides. it's amazing how someone went out of their way to create such hardcore blasphemous cringe just to suck on the diseased and mutilated microwiener of a south african Black person that worships devils.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

this is the mind a mentally ill israelite worshiping frickhead

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

nta but you clearly ARE the israelite workshiping moron here

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

no, you are.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

welcome to DA, newfriend

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I've been here longer then you israelite worshiping frickhead schizo.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>worships rich people who live off the state and manipulate morons like him
            >calls other people israelite worshiping frickheads
            >clearly a newbie
            >denies it and calls other people newbies
            >also calls them schizos
            anon... take your meds.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I never said any of that. I don't like that homosexual elon but Iknow you worship a israelite. You dumb shit!

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I never said any of that
            you obviously implied. you are transparent as water. you clearly are an Elon lover, otherwise you wouldn't have responded to the other anon, you fricking schizo (or bot, who knows by this point)

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

no, you are acting like a schizo shithead israelite worshiper m8. frick elon and frick you!

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Toyota Prius for the GNU/linux autist.
    BMW X5 for the tech bro.
    Porsche 911 for the $80k homelab owner.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That's my car.
    Things I own will never reflect my work, be it my mouse pad, my woman-animal or my kitchen appliance.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

tasteless

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Me? I drive a Buick™

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

MX5-CUP my beloved

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Prius has the advantages of an EV without the bullshit

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Thats like saying castrating yourself makes you a woman.

YOU WILL NEVER BE A WOMAN

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

1999 Toyota Corolla

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Something made before about 2008. Techies would know how vulnerable newer shit is to failure, global shipping logistics issues and nuclear war.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

if you want a car that will survive an emp, you need something with a carburetor and mechanical ignition.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I used to think that too but they have tested cars with an ECU and EFI. None of them failed. Forgot the name of that test site, it's a massive platform that simulates the EMP from a nuke. Bigger issue will be sensitive electronics with long wires attached like mp3 players or people charging their cell phones. Voltage will be around 50KV/meter for the small nukes and up to 200KV/meter for the big ones.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

maybe so... depends on how well the ECU is shielded. the entire car will effectively become a large antenna in that scenario. most ECUs are hermetically sealed and are usually encased in a metal housing, but as far as i know it's aluminum.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>diesel enters the chat

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Exactly, experienced irl-redstone enthusiasts will now this shit tends to break and appreciate the simplicity of cpu-less chariot, homie i dint want segmentation fault core dumped on the highway

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I drive a 30 year old Cedric. Its comfortable. I do not care two shits about what other people think about it, and I hate it when people talk to me about it.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

whatever the uber migrant shows up in

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Well-adjusted techie: Crosstrek/4Runner to get a change of scenery on the weekends
    DA techie: WRX/GR86 to hit on high schoolers

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The ideal car is a cdr.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

A couple year old hybrid that you can in a power outage hook up to a cheap-ass inverter off Amazon "just in case" there's an extended power outage but then never actually hooking the inverter up to it because just looking at the clips fills you with dread

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The ideal car for 95% of humanity is a Honda Civic. It really is that simple.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

bloat
      all you need is a geo metro
      the minimum car

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Any techie worth his salt has DIY his electric bike already with a good GPS computer attached.
    Americoids BTFO

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

classic vw beetle, you can upgrade it to electric for around $3,000, including batteries.

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i have a '19 tacoma, almost paid off

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why do people buy cars? Can't you just take the bus if it's too far to walk?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

someone just randomly stabbed and killed a man for nothing. they were just sitting there doing nothing and the guy got up and stabbed him in the chest multiple times.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I find that hard to believe. There must have been a backstory.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

no backstory. it was completely random guy was a schizo thought he was hearing shit. This was also in an area where the transit system is actually better then like 80% of the country.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yeah, the backstory is brownoids are riding the bus so this shit happens every day.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

i don't even believe it was a non-white. even though thats common as well. In the US the issue is with crime. Even in the best areas where there is a white majority with a very good transit system it happens. It's due to the countries inability to deal with homeless people and mentally ill people (both the same usually). Really need to get a hold on this problem or we will never be able to have safe transit. Thats what most of these idiots on yt don't get.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

they will never get it since their political current caused the problem
            mental pills did not replace mental hospitals
            the solution is reinstitutionalization

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

find a normal country

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They don't want to be culturally enriched.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I live in the murder capital of the USA. I'd rather not

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

bus ride is 1h 30min car drive is 20min the choice is clear if you value your time.

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

the most durable and cheapest car

i wouldn't know what it is because i know nothing about cars

23. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>The three primary customers for the Subaru Outback are
    >Doctors and nurses
    >Lesbians
    >IT Professionals

24. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

vw polo 3 it just works at most you change the battery ever 6 years. If something breaks eastern Europe will have cheap spare parts.

25. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Unironically the Kalashnikov CV-1, if it were to ever exist.
    Can you imagine the reliability of a Kalashnikov in an electroc vehicle that only needs 20 moving parts vs. a combustion engine needing hundreds?
    Plus I trust they'd be much better suited for colder weather.

Unfortunately, it seems to be nothing more than hot air.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45292028

An electrified, or fine even with combustion engine, Buhanka would be pretty cool too. Most definitely an older car.
    Frick anything and everything that has an ECU made beyond the mid-2000s.

26. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>no one posted the GNU car

27. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My ideal techie car would be one with the bare minimum of electronics neccessary to function and have music from USB, BT or AUX. Also, no fricking touch screen but physical buttons and dials.
    Can't break what's not there.

28. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I've had a 2000 corolla and currently a 2004 volvo s40 but it's starting to break down so not sure what to do now. Can't really go that much newer without them having wireless connectivity and intrusive tech inside so it's a big issue...

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *