What's the appeal of Nascar? It's literally just a bunch of identically-shaped cars running around an oval-shaped track for 2 hours.

What's the appeal of Nascar? It's literally just a bunch of identically-shaped cars running around an oval-shaped track for 2 hours. Do I need to be a redneck to understand?

CRIME Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Sometimes they crash.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

But isn't that true for any other car race? I could watch rally races and cat that in addition to actually interesting cars and courses.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

(me)
        >cat that
        have that*

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Yea. But you can see the crashes. In a rally or gp or whatever the crash might not happen right in front of you. But nascar puts everything right in front of you.

2. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

American """sports"""" are for low IQ morons.

3. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>pre-86
    they're running real body tubs, the safety regs are pretty loose so it's exciting racing
    >rest of the 80s and 90s
    speeds are coming up higher and higher, the cars themselves aren't as exciting but there's a good mix of the old guard and new talent that makes the racing interesting
    >after February 2001
    why bother

4. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Been wondering if a series for truly stock cars would work. You can put whatever tires, brakes and a racing seat but other than that it has to be stock and fully furnished. Vehicles will be put into classes based on weight x power/price.
    I know there's things like that. But I want a series where some boys in a shed can compete with factory teams on equal footing.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

please be patient i have autism;
      >chassis right off the production floor
      not safe for racing
      >traction control
      drivers aids are for pussys (except for power steering)
      >low revving low horsepower engine, so ill take like 50 seconds to get around a 1.5 mile track
      >airbags
      not safe for racing
      >wheels so thin youd slip and slide everyhere

theres a reason why a stock car/nascar racecar is the way it is. by the time youve made it safe for racing conditions you probably couldn't even fit the body panels on it

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>unsafe chassis
        Git gud. Or better yet built a car with a factory roll cage.
        >traction control
        Just pull the fuse lmao
        >low hp.
        Note that class system I dreamt up doesn't exclude hyper cars. Just makes sure they aren't pitted against echonoboxes.
        >airbags
        They can remove those obviously
        >thin wheels
        Git gud

My thinking behind the whole thing is to bring an age or homologated race cars that you could reasonably expect to race yourself one day. Like just get some friends together and from a competitive team. Not something that's just for balding lawyer c**ts.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>Like just get some friends together and from a competitive team
          There's no way a "group of friends" could be anywhere near competitive in a series with factory teams.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

How so?

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>unsafe chassis
          >Git gud. Or better yet built a car with a factory roll cage.
          Then it wouldn’t be like a car right off the production line
          >traction control
          >Just pull the fuse lmao
          See above
          >low hp.
          Note that class system I dreamt up doesn't exclude hyper cars. Just makes sure they aren't pitted against echonoboxes.
          You’d need a 670 HP engine to compete against a modern stock car and like a 450-500 to compete against GT cars, and then it wouldn’t be a car right off the production floor
          >airbags
          They can remove those obviously
          >thin wheels
          >Git gud
          Hard to get good when you’ve got a beast of an engine with no tires

The only way this would work in reality is of Toyota produced a Camry with a 670 HP engine and nascar tier safety standards for the road, which nobody would buy

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Australia had V8 Supercars, which is about what Nascar used to be before it was cucked and gay and stopped having any connection to stock cars whatsoever.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

m8 the only connection V8 supercars had to stock cars was the fibreglass body. V8 supercars has always been cucked.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Oh, I'm a burger I figured V8 Supercars was ran with whatever top spec deluxe models Australia had for domestic purchase. It looked legit Ford had a separate group that modded the models so much they got sold like a different brand, FPV

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>m8 the only connection V8 supercars had to stock cars was the fibreglass body. V8 supercars has always been cucked.
          That isn't true, they only started doing that in 2013. Before then it was production bodyshells.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Check your local tracks to see if you have any classes that'll run rules like you like.

I'm running a stock 2008 Hyundia Elantra with light safety equipment added.

I've got finishes of 10th, 9th, and 38th this year.

5. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>What's the appeal of Nascar?
    Left hand turns are just the best turns

6. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>2 hours
    coke 600 was like 5.5 hours this year, but i like it because i like the engineering and mechanics etc and the racing this year has been based, now that they realized that higher horsepower makes for better closing racing.

7. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Would Nascar be more interesting to you if it was them racing down a straight road for whatever hundred miles?

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

While I would prefer there to be some curves, at least there would be some changes in scenery, for whatever that's worth.

8. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

What's the appeal of watching any racing?

9. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

the only and I mean only racing format I would ever be interested in watching would be a multi-day, Speed Racer style, massive land journey, where offroad driving, combat, and deception are allowed

10. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>Do I need to be a redneck to understand?
    all the fun of it is an in person thing.
    it's loud as hell, you can feel the rumble of the cars flying by, everyones drinking beer
    and for not too much money you can mingle around in the pits or do a ride-along prerace

11. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Have you ever been to an F1 race, pretty cool but its action every couple of minutes or so, with Nascar it seems like that there is action all the time that you can see. Seems pretty interesting to me, constant overtaking and going fast.

12. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Coming from European - oval racing is cool.
    Modern races are boring because high downforce/less power translates to cars that can take almost full track full throttle and they don't require much throttle control. Older regulations and dirt ovals produces fun af races to watch tho.

But there is much more than simply waiting for the end of the race and ocasional crashes.

Lack of strong braking zones and tilted track means that drivers can take various lines without losing much time. Combined with slipstream it allows few car wide battles to happen all the time.

There is also underrated factor of "precision" that comes with oval racing - every mistake and "missaligned" contact can be "death's sentence". Meanwhile you cannot fully avoid contact, as you have to push (or be pushed), lean on or block opponents.

13. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Its the WWE of motorsports. Just a bunch of fake cookie cutter cars that aren't "stock" in any sense of the word. Used to be up to the 1970s you could legit buy models more or less like what you saw in the race that previous weekend and NASCAR was a way for automakers to flex with their wins and new performance advances, but since then nope. At least WWE while being fake AF and intentionally outrageous doesn't bullshit like its the most serious racing league of all.

14. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>literally
    Low IQ post. It's too much for someone with your lack of cognitive ability to understand.

15. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Road track NASCAR is fun to watch. Look up on youtube when they went to Suzuka.

16. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>Do I need to be a redneck to understand?
    If the nuances of any motorsport discipline is too nuanced for your comprehension then becoming redneck can only improve your grasp.

17. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

You take a corner too fast and you spin out you take a corner too slow and you lose time just like any other car race.

18. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Fake headlight/taillight should be illegal

19. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

May i suggest you watch the movie ‘Days of Thunder’ ?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *