Whats your?

Do you like to play them? Do you buy and drive cars you own in real? Do you prefer simulation as close as your real car driving or arcade to have some wild fun?
>inb4 DA board
They know jackshit about cars, half of them don't even own a car.

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>They know jackshit about cars, half of them don't even own a car.
    Then you came to the wrong board, newbie.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>arcade games with controller
    loved them as a kid, bored of them now

>sims on a simrig with VR
    best fricking thing since sliced bread. like, seriously, i can't describe to you just how fricking good it is.
    sadly, a very expensive hobby to get into, by pc gaming standards ofc. by car standards, its dirt cheap.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>simrig with VR
      it's fricking unreal I agree. I have the fanatec wrc wheel and the feeling of being in VR with a similar wheel shape and alcantara texture lining up PERFECTLY irl and ingame, the feeling is surreal. It's like sitting in a car but your hands are invisible. My rig's shifter feels almost exactly like where it is in my real car too. I can't go back to any other form of video game racing besides maybe casual wreckfest

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Racing sims can be useful for learning general driving technique, but the amount of money you'd need for a sim setup that would translate to IRL driving could also be spent on a tactical/stunt/race driving course + sporty shitbox

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>but the amount of money you'd need for a sim setup that would translate to IRL driving could also be spent on a tactical/stunt/race driving course + sporty shitbox
      yea, no. not even close.
      for 5k or so, you can get a VERY decent simracing setup, including the beefy gaming pc to run it and a vr headset or triples.
      i wouldn't race a 5k shitbox, and even if i was willing to, i'd still need even more money down the line for fuel/tires/maintenance/etc. the simrig will run on just electricity, which is practically 0 extra cost in comparison.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Racing sims can be useful for learning general driving technique, but the amount of money you'd need for a sim setup that would translate to IRL driving could also be spent on a tactical/stunt/race driving course + sporty shitbox

>arcade games with controller
        loved them as a kid, bored of them now

>sims on a simrig with VR
        best fricking thing since sliced bread. like, seriously, i can't describe to you just how fricking good it is.
        sadly, a very expensive hobby to get into, by pc gaming standards ofc. by car standards, its dirt cheap.

Sims are like when you discover masturbation, but then when you have real sex, fapping becomes something you resort to out of urgency or boredom.

Racing is a great experience, sadly cost prohibitive for most people.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

stupid analogy
          simracing is still racing

it's like having sex with a hooker vs someone you care about
          the game is up for anything and there's no strings attached

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Ah yes. Then why max verstappen still sim races all the time instead of going into his f1

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

what he [...] said.
            iRacing is positively infested with IRL racers, its impossible to find a top split race without a bunch of current/former gt3/f4/f3 IRL drivers in it. f1 drivers are ofc way more rare, but verstappen is on there, lando, alonso, barrichelo. probably more, those are just the ones racing under their own names, openly. wouldn't be surprised if there's loads more under fake/friends names.

f1 drivers' cars are broken and in the process of rebuilding/tuning/engineering/improving literally every day that they're not being driven. professional racers only do sim racing because they literally can't practice irl any more than they already do

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

also because racing is fun and when you get beyond practicing fundamentals like a fricking pleb you just do it to drive.
            you have infinite tires and infinite gas and an infinite number of cars that can be raced on nearly every racing circuit ever built and you're gonna sit here and tell me you'd rather go do 10 over the speed limit down your local highway in a fricking civic?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

1. i take my car to the track
            2. gas and tires are not a problem for me
            3. if you don't regularly go at least 120 mph on the highway (160+ when the roads are sparse) then you're a poofter

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

nice kmh bruce you're not fooling anyone slow c**t
            go box a kangaroo

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>gas and tires are not a problem
            because you're a pussy
            >muh track

then frick off and go there dipshit don't come in here with your hypothetical McLaren F1 and pretend you have enough money gasoline and tires to hold a drift for the entirety of the nurburgring.
            moron

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

nice kmh bruce you're not fooling anyone slow c**t
            go box a kangaroo

k

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

what he

Ah yes. Then why max verstappen still sim races all the time instead of going into his f1

said.
          iRacing is positively infested with IRL racers, its impossible to find a top split race without a bunch of current/former gt3/f4/f3 IRL drivers in it. f1 drivers are ofc way more rare, but verstappen is on there, lando, alonso, barrichelo. probably more, those are just the ones racing under their own names, openly. wouldn't be surprised if there's loads more under fake/friends names.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Based. Nothing more pathetic than a homosexual who bought a $2k sim rig to LARP as a race driver when he could have bought a $3k beater for actual practice.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

this hasnt been a thing since a small window of time in the early 2010s. there is no rwd manual you can buy for $3k

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>there is no rwd manual you can buy for $3k
            the cast majority of people who say they need a RWD for practicing aren't fast in a FWD yet

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

To take your 3k beater to the track still requires minimum 10k in safety equipment.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>minimum 10k in safety equipment.
            A helmet isn't $10k. I didn't say "build a racecar", I said "practice". Join some club and go on track days with them, in what world does that cost $10k lmao

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>helmet
            >potentially racing suit
            >roll cage
            >other safety updates potentially not equipped in 5k shitbox

Why even shame the sim crowd? It's not like you can drive to a track and race as often as you can walk to your sim setup.

Why the frick are there so many demoralization shills? DA has become more of a shithole than usual

Go kys demoralization israelites, I'll pay independent sim building companies big money and you can get cucked by it
            The israeli problem will be answered soon enough.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>racing suit
            >roll cage
            >safety updates
            moron, you're not competing in GT3, take your DD and hoon it on the track

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

What would I need to have that decent sim racing setup ?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

-beefy gaming pc (~4080super for high end modern VR headsets, ~4070super for 1440p triples). est cost 2k for the former, around 1.5k for the latter. also, simracing, esp in VR, is one of few situations where cpu speed matters, so unfortunately you can't really cheap out on that either. 13600k at a minimum, but 7800x3d ideally.

-vr headset or 1440p triples(500-1k for headset, ~1k for triples + stand)

-alu profile rig (500-1k, depending on how beefy you want it. 500 version is ok if you never plan to add motion and don't mind it being slightly cramped)

-a seat. you can get one for free (or close to) from a junkyard, brand new ones are like 300 up to a lot, but obv its not worth paying $$$ for carbon fiber. up to 600-800 id say is the max. but really, either a junkyard seat for 0-50 or a basic 300-400 bucket is fine.

-a wheelbase. ideally you want a bigboi(20nm or more) direct drive, which you'd never need to upgrade from, but those cost close to 1k. you can get cheaper DDs starting at 5-6nm at well below 500, but the sweetspot is something at 10-15nm for somewhere in between.
          -a wheel. you can either get a integrated wheel, or a button plate plus an actual car wheel (like a momo) to bolt on to it. the former will be more expensive, usually, the latter would also allow you to use different wheels with it (a round one for rally, an open one for gt and single seaters, etc), but it would look less fancy.
          -pedals. you want a set of load cell pedals. 2 (throttle/brake) is fine if you're only interested in racing modern gt3/4/lmp/single seaters. if you want to race older cars or normal cars, you'd also need a clutch
          -optionally, a h-pattern gearshift (along with a clutch, see above) for old cars or road cars
          -optionally, a sequential gearshift and a handbrake, for rallying

-really, for all of the above, you should look for a good combo deal, base + wheel + pedals. just make sure the base is direct drive and at least 10nm and the pedals are loadcells.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Thanks a lot for all these tips mate, appreciate it. I bought an sw20 recently and was pondering sim racing as a way to safely learn the basics. Cheers.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>sw20
            what's that?

>was pondering sim racing as a way to safely learn the basics
            it'll teach you racecraft for sure, as long as you race vs actual people
            it'll also build some basic reflexes and muscle memory. simracing saved my ass a couple times when i hit ice patches/oil slicks IRL. countersteering and saving the car was automatic, and i hadn't practiced that shit irl.
            it can also teach you the racetracks, or at least the versions of them you have available

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

ignore this gear queer moron telling you to buy 1000s of dollars worth of video game controller so he doesn't feel so bad about doing it himself

look, I have competed on g2x and T150/300 for years. DDs are cool for one thing and that's simulating old race cars from before power steering. All new shit like gt3s is fine on something as "weak" as a t300
            And load cell pedals are a fricking meme and a half

Seriously nobody listen to this fricking dweeb he never uses all this gear or else the last thing he would be recommending are devices that require a huge amount of setup and fricking around. Load cell pedals must be calibrated every time they are used, and have a tendency to fail or lose calibration. Hydraulic pedals as well are fricking stupid. Yes it does make it slightly more realistic for the short period of time that it works properly, but it won't.

you know what works right all the time every time and never quits? A motherfricking Logitech G29. T300 good too but TM quality is kinda sus.

if you have a wheel where the force is measured in double digits and you aren't an atsushi hrok-type gigachad senna larper with the full rig and racing gear, you are a gearqueer. There is literally no point to high-nm wheels when:
            >you get EXACTLY the same force feedback signal as on a weaker wheel, making it stronger doesn't make it better
            >a low-nm wheel can turn faster and takes less effort to drive meaning you can keep the pace longer than bubba with the 15nm simucube/fanatec peripheral rat nest
            >low-nm wheels are lightweight and portable, easy to break down and store, high power wheels need to be securely mounted to the desk and have an emergency stop button placed nearby so they don't snap your wrists in a crash

anybody recommending a wheel over $500, especially to a newbie, is a dipshit
            imagine you buy a 1000+ dollar game controller from Turbohomosexual LLC, specifically designed for a single genre of video games and you don't like it. lol. lmao even.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

like load cell thumpers will sit here all day and claim it's better but it has exactly the same precision is the fricking volume knob inside a thrustmaster t3pa
            direct drive babies will claim their 1400 dollar finger slicer makes DECADES OLD VIDEO GAMES like rFactor, AC, and iRacing feel "more realistic" even though its the same FFB as it was 20 years ago.

the entire high end simracing peripheral market is all scams selling boxes of aliexpress electronics with ridiculous profit margins. do not give these shitters a single fricking cent.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I had a Logitech g29 it was noisy and can't self steer fast enough, I needed to take it apart and tighten it up because it was shaking itself apart.
            I bought an old second hand DD wheel and there is no comparison. Now that DD wheels are cheap I'd just start there. If you do any drifting Logitech doesn't really perform.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

There is nothing to tighten and nothing wrong with your Logitech. There is a sliding rack of plastic in the base that acts as the rotation stop, and it just sits inside the base in a puddle of grease, held down only by the pinion on the end of the gearbox. Whenever the FFB actuates it vibrates and because it sits on top of the cable cutout under the wheel it sounds very concerning. The rack isn't attached to anything, and it's only job is to stop the wheel at max rotation.

Believe me I've had every Logi wheel apart, the Logiquake is in fact entirely normal operation and not a danger to the wheel. You can in fact test this by taking the rack out AFTER you plug the wheel in and let it self-calibrate. A G29 and up should be almost silent with the stopper removed.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I didn't explain it well the actual wheel was loose and wobbly. I took it apart, tightened it up and sold it. It was a good package for the money and I had fun with it. I mainly do drifting and you have to work 10 times as hard since they can't self steer fast enough and you're doing all the work instead of just letting the car do it naturally.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

that's why I upgraded to a t300 which is brushless, much quieter and faster

you still don't need some gay ass 1000 dollar dick beater to play racing games good, if you do you probably suck and no amount of gear queering will change it

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I got the old 30Nm wrist snapper lol, I bought it used though.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Now that DD wheels are cheap I'd just start there.
            this.
            3-4 years ago, i (im

-beefy gaming pc (~4080super for high end modern VR headsets, ~4070super for 1440p triples). est cost 2k for the former, around 1.5k for the latter. also, simracing, esp in VR, is one of few situations where cpu speed matters, so unfortunately you can't really cheap out on that either. 13600k at a minimum, but 7800x3d ideally.

-vr headset or 1440p triples(500-1k for headset, ~1k for triples + stand)

-alu profile rig (500-1k, depending on how beefy you want it. 500 version is ok if you never plan to add motion and don't mind it being slightly cramped)

-a seat. you can get one for free (or close to) from a junkyard, brand new ones are like 300 up to a lot, but obv its not worth paying $$$ for carbon fiber. up to 600-800 id say is the max. but really, either a junkyard seat for 0-50 or a basic 300-400 bucket is fine.

-a wheelbase. ideally you want a bigboi(20nm or more) direct drive, which you'd never need to upgrade from, but those cost close to 1k. you can get cheaper DDs starting at 5-6nm at well below 500, but the sweetspot is something at 10-15nm for somewhere in between.
            -a wheel. you can either get a integrated wheel, or a button plate plus an actual car wheel (like a momo) to bolt on to it. the former will be more expensive, usually, the latter would also allow you to use different wheels with it (a round one for rally, an open one for gt and single seaters, etc), but it would look less fancy.
            -pedals. you want a set of load cell pedals. 2 (throttle/brake) is fine if you're only interested in racing modern gt3/4/lmp/single seaters. if you want to race older cars or normal cars, you'd also need a clutch
            -optionally, a h-pattern gearshift (along with a clutch, see above) for old cars or road cars
            -optionally, a sequential gearshift and a handbrake, for rallying

-really, for all of the above, you should look for a good combo deal, base + wheel + pedals. just make sure the base is direct drive and at least 10nm and the pedals are loadcells.

) too would have recommended a belt driven wheel. but nowadays, cheap DDs are basically the same price, and they're much smoother, faster, quieter and WAY more reliable
            DDs have exactly 1 moving component, the shaft. there's literally nothing to break or wear out, the only failure points are the electronics themselves, which in most cases can be replaced.

also,

https://i.imgur.com/rRo1RwU.jpeg

ignore this gear queer moron telling you to buy 1000s of dollars worth of video game controller so he doesn't feel so bad about doing it himself

look, I have competed on g2x and T150/300 for years. DDs are cool for one thing and that's simulating old race cars from before power steering. All new shit like gt3s is fine on something as "weak" as a t300

Seriously nobody listen to this fricking dweeb he never uses all this gear or else the last thing he would be recommending are devices that require a huge amount of setup and fricking around. Load cell pedals must be calibrated every time they are used, and have a tendency to fail or lose calibration. Hydraulic pedals as well are fricking stupid. Yes it does make it slightly more realistic for the short period of time that it works properly, but it won't.

you know what works right all the time every time and never quits? A motherfricking Logitech G29. T300 good too but TM quality is kinda sus.

if you have a wheel where the force is measured in double digits and you aren't an atsushi hrok-type gigachad senna larper with the full rig and racing gear, you are a gearqueer. There is literally no point to high-nm wheels when:
            >you get EXACTLY the same force feedback signal as on a weaker wheel, making it stronger doesn't make it better
            >a low-nm wheel can turn faster and takes less effort to drive meaning you can keep the pace longer than bubba with the 15nm simucube/fanatec peripheral rat nest
            >low-nm wheels are lightweight and portable, easy to break down and store, high power wheels need to be securely mounted to the desk and have an emergency stop button placed nearby so they don't snap your wrists in a crash

imagine you buy a 1000+ dollar game controller from Turbohomosexual LLC, specifically designed for a single genre of video games and you don't like it. lol. lmao even.

is a moron for his other points.

-load cell pedals are the 1 fricking upgrade that pretty much EVERYONE in the simracing community agrees will actually make you faster. a DD wheel won't, it just feels nicer. a fancy wheel won't, it just looks nicer and is more convenient for buttons and stuff.
            but loadcell pedals? everyone jumps up in irating after they switch. EVERYONE.
            don't take my word for it, go to r/simracing and r/iracing and search for "load cell".

-a proper simrig, as opposed to a shitty office chair + desk mounted shitty wheelbase setup, is arguably the most important component to make simracing properly enjoyable.
            aside from the fact that it allows you to build proper muscle memory and to actually immerse yourself, pretty much everyone i know who quit on simracing did so because they were doing the chain + desk thing. it sucks, its a pain and a waste of time to set it up and take it down every time, the chair always moves or rotates, its impossible to get a proper driving position, and in general it just fricks the whole thing up. no wonder people fricking quit if they play like this.

https://i.imgur.com/rRo1RwU.jpeg

get a job

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

load cell pedals are a fricking scam that EVERYONE in the sim racing community hates with a passion
            in theory they're great
            when they're made by shit ass companies like fanatec they're not and they have the customer service of heckler and koch on top of it
            If I had a dollar for every one of my friends or fellow racers I've heard had a problem with their load cells I could go buy a whole rig.

you know what never has a problem, ironically? The good old fashioned mechanical potentiometer.

complexity and power does not make the simracing experience better. you have to be good at racing in the first place to even benefit from the extra depth a hydro brake provides.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>load cell pedals are a fricking scam that EVERYONE in the sim racing community hates with a passion
            no.

>when they're made by shit ass companies like fanatec they're not and they have the customer service of heckler and koch on top of it
            nobody recommended fanatec. not that i've ever heard of issues with their pedals, just their bases and wheels, but still.

>you know what never has a problem, ironically? The good old fashioned mechanical potentiometer.
            loadcells are WAY more reliable than potentiometers, for the same reason that DDs are way more reliable than belt or gear driven bases: fewer moving components.
            in fact, loadcells have exactly 0 moving components. there's nothing to wear out or break. the electronics might die, but you can just replace them.

>complexity and power does not make the simracing experience better
            yes, it does.
            a DD feels a lot better than a gear or belt driven wheel. it'll probably not make you faster, but it will feel much better.
            loadcells also feel much better (well, the fact that they have proper resistance does) and those will actually make you faster

>you have to be good at racing in the first place to even benefit from the extra depth a hydro brake provides.
            nobody recommended hydraulics. not that they're not good, but they're too expensive, and require maintenance, and if they leak, its a big problem.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

it's the same 20 year old FFB engine in the same 20 year old video games. your overpriced baby toy is like putting a huge amped speaker on a dictation machine.

you get the same FFB as someone with a t150 and you paid 5x more! You are a complete fricking idiot my dude, and so is most of the "simracing" (read: gear collecting) hobby. That's why these shitty companies can fleece us so bad. YOU are the problem.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>it's the same 20 year old FFB engine in the same 20 year old video games.
            so? you're still getting a more faithful representation of it. and no noise. and more speed. and more reliability. and its not more expensive anymore.
            the code might be 20 years old, but its still outputting high precision movements at 60hz minimum, in the worst case.

>you get the same FFB as someone with a t150 and you paid 5x more!
            i used to own a clubsport, which was already MUCH better than a t300, let alone a t150, and my sc2 pro was a HUGE upgrade. nowadays, i'd probably recommend a VRS DD, as i doubt the extra 400 or so for the sc2 pro is worth it, but at the time the vrs dd didn't exist, so yea..
            ive NEVER regretted spending the money. it was a lot, but my base is amazing and i've put on at least 1k hours on it since i got it. and ill probably put several more thousand hours on it still.

>That's why these shitty companies can fleece us so bad
            the only "fleecing" happening right now in the sim gear space is for wheels.
            spending 1.5k or more for a gsi is moronic, on that i concur. which is why i recommended a cheap wheel from a bundle or a separate button plate.
            dd wheels are fairly cheap, and the profit margins aren't so bad (i know, because prior to buying my sc2 i priced out a diy sc1, and it wasn't that much cheaper)
            loadcell pedals are somewhere in between, but honestly the warranty, software, and peace of mind that heusinkveld gets you is worth spending a couple hundred extra $.

>YOU are the problem.
            you are an butthole. whatever semblance of a valid point you may have had was buried under a mountain of hostility and butthurt. you're a rude, ignorant, poor moron, and you're completely and utterly failed to convince anyone of everything, or to be helpful in any respect whatsoever.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>more faithful
            it is the same fricking FFB as a cheap wheel, you are simply turning the volume up. It's only as faithful as you make it.

>no noise
            T300 is brushless and silent until the cooling fan kicks on

>fannykek shill
            >only 1000 hours of use

i have 1400 hours in beamng alone
            I have survived the P1 Nords 24 twice
            I've raced nearly every weekend with /ovg/ for over a decade
            I have put more miles on my t300 than your real car

we are not the same

way to prove me right by the way
            any simracer who acts like 1000 hours is a lot of time is a fricking shitter. you're a gearqueering moron with overpriced chinese pot metal gear and I could beat you around suzuka blindfolded with a negcon, you worthless piss pot.
            no amount of money will ever make you fast.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>it is the same fricking FFB as a cheap wheel
            no, its not

>you are simply turning the volume up
            DD is still better even if you run it at the same nm.
            but also yes, "turning the volume up" does help too. if your range is 0-20nm you can better perceive details that would be imperceptible noise if you only had 0-4nm.

>T300 is brushless and silent until the cooling fan kicks on
            soooo.... its not silent?

>i have 1400 hours in beamng alone
            >I have survived the P1 Nords 24 twice
            >I've raced nearly every weekend with /ovg/ for over a decade
            >I have put more miles on my t300 than your real car
            anon, that makes it even worse.
            for me, my sc2 has cost me about $1 per hour ive used it. my entire setup, around $2.5 per hour.
            for you, those numbers would've been so much better.

like, i can understand some1 going with cheap, crap gear if they're just trying simracing out, see if the like it and such.
            but for a seasoned veteran with multiple thousands of hours? kek. you're a complete moron, so many fricking hours spent racing with subpar gear.

>no amount of money will ever make you fast.
            i never claimed to be fast. i only claimed to know how to make a decent simrig. which i do. and you don't.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>no it's not
            yes it is

you're getting the same FFB effects from the same games that I am playing. I could have a 99 Microsoft Sidewinder and get exactly the same FFB.
            you're conflating strength with fidelity. you lack the insight to even understand what it is you need to feel.

nobody cares about your "rig" anyway this is a thread about games. thanks for proving me right again, you are a snivelling chinese vibrator collector who thinks that price = skill. get good and you won't need to validate playing video games by boasting about how much money you spend to do it.

you are so far beneath me it's almost not funny

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It seems to be a massive cope for the guy to using entry level shit.

Why not both. I race karts as well as own a sim rig.
            Sporty=/=shitbox
            Protip your 5k shitbox isn't fast or fun to drive in fact it's probably the biggest waste of money in terms of high performance driving. Go buy/rent a go kart instead and race people wheel to wheel.
            Open lapping on track days with no reference point to drive against is probably the shittiest way to improve. This is how I know you're slow.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>more money = fast turbocope from some homosexual with a two thousand dollar video game controller

how i know you're slow

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Holy omega cope batman. I literally said I race irl as well. Now post your shitbox so we can all laugh at you.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

how about instead of deflecting off topic like a child YOU post your racing footage sim or irl
            you can't because you just larp and lie on the internet
            i'm sure it works on reddit but not here

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Still hasn't posted his 5k shitbox he tracks
            Your turn.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Black person that's a go kart. And the pimple faced teen in charge of them is asking you to let the kids have a turn.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>thread about video games
            >has yet to post a single video game
            gearqueerlet slowgay mcshitter the third (esq.)

>L-LARP you don't race!
            Thread got detailed by a poorgay huffing some copium.
            Argument stems from

>but the amount of money you'd need for a sim setup that would translate to IRL driving could also be spent on a tactical/stunt/race driving course + sporty shitbox
            yea, no. not even close.
            for 5k or so, you can get a VERY decent simracing setup, including the beefy gaming pc to run it and a vr headset or triples.
            i wouldn't race a 5k shitbox, and even if i was willing to, i'd still need even more money down the line for fuel/tires/maintenance/etc. the simrig will run on just electricity, which is practically 0 extra cost in comparison.

5k shitbox is a fricking waste of money for a "track car". Go buy a go kart, sim rig or both. 5k shitboxes handle like shit there's nothing to learn there.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

going out of your way to not show or talk about the the equipment you bought proves me more and more right with every seething post

>muh poorgay
            >muh $$$$ = skill

you're as worthless on a track as you are at arguing on the internet

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If a DD is that financially debilitating for you maybe its time to get a job. Not once in the thread has anyone declared it makes a driver faster, but you.
            All you're saying is you're the second coming of schumacher if you didn't have a logitech.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>implying implications
            >projecting projections
            >still gear queering
            >still no actual race footage to justify spending thousands of dollars on overpriced video game controllers to play games with 20 year old ffb

ugly, slow, gay

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Its ok to be poor anon. You can't force your copium on everyone.
            >ugly, slow, gay
            Lmao what do you drive again.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>force your copium
            you mean like the turbohomosexual who told an anon he needed a fricking dd and and extruded aluminum frame to play assetto corsa lmaooooo
            if you had any more buyers remorse I could deorbit it into a crash landing over sydney australia

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Tell me more how your desk clamped g29 is superior. I'm listening.

https://i.imgur.com/7NutQo3.gif

>nooo you should waste money buying overpriced fragile crap and get fleeced by chinks and germs because uhhh...uuhhhm the got damn uhhhhhhhhh....you're poor ok!!!!1

I sure hope you're underaged if you can't afford something under $500. Literally LMAO'ing @ your life right now.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>you don't want to buy overpriced AliExpress tier electronics with huge profit margins from scummy literally-who companies with poor customer relations you must be poor

I'm sorry about your buyers remorse anon but it's no use getting mad at me and throwing a fit

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Post setup. This is just like when you posted your car then you get laughed out of the thread.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>this is just like that time I imagined a thing in my head
            lmao peter griffin posts on DA

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Post it

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>stupid poorgay with direct drive dildo flinger thinks my hangup with spending thousands of dollars on video game equipment is because I don't have it to spend when in fact my hangup is not wanting to give it to israelites

anyone can collect garbage
            post gameplay scrub

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>stupid poorgay
            Talking about yourself? LMAO

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

How's that irating, Champ?
            Sure is a lot of defending position you're doing in this thread

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>thinking I'm going to dox myself
            Pretty low IQ of you on top of being slow.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>homie got a gorillion dollar simrig but can't use ms-paint

im dead

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>gorillion dollar
            >$400 is a gorliiion dollars to him
            Sad!

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

so your computer and the software running on it was free?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

so are you starting from nothing? What are you posting from, a phone? Again NTA but my setup is
            >grandmas old TV
            >aliexpress car seat
            >cheapo aliminum rig from defunct seller
            >fanatec dd, wrc wheel, csl pedals, shifter and handbrake
            >my old pc from 2016 running a 6700k skylake cpu. gpu was upgraded from a 970 to a 2070super
            All together this was like $1500ish during covid, built piece by piece over the course of about 4 months. Pretty much all of it was from cashing out my chainlink lmao.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>so your computer and the software running on it was free?
            >most sims can be run on a potato
            >he doesn't even have a potato

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Buy an ad Thomas

NTA but this is schizo. What's the hangup exactly? People spent more money on equipment but their skill level might be lower? Who cares? People have more expensive setups than me, playing with VR goggles and shit, but hypothetically run worse times. Alright? I'm not here seething

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

the hangup is people defending spending more and more money on video game controllers to play the same games we were playing 20 years ago.
            we're getting scammed out the ass because it's a niche hobby and these newbies are eating it all up. in fact it's a lot like the nonsense that infests mechanical keyboards with people defending spending thousands of dollars on hundredths and thou sandths of seconds/mm "improvements" over their current setup that ultimately don't change a goddamned thing. like wow after 500 dollar individually greased custom neo panda duke of edinburgh's penis pump kailh rainbows your DA shitposting wpm went up by 5 w/m
            who gives a frick?
            likewise for turbodweebs who never post racing and only talk about "gear"
            you suck and everyone else hates you. get off the track.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

schizo. assetto corsa has 10+ years of modding behind it who cares how old it is if it's the best. New games are sloppa but that's the whole indusrty. Dirt rally 2 was decent. Wrc is ea slop but I'm holding out it will get good. acc exists, ams2 is good now, assetto corsa 2 is coming out soon(tm). sim racing has never been more popular thanks to covid, we have modern equipment at all entry points across the budget spectrum. Nobody is defending more expensive stuff it's just a price to fidelity ratio with diminishing returns. Seething about DA e peen or whatever is just your own hangups and seethe. Learn to live with what you have and stop sperging over what other people do with their time and money

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

the hangup is people defending spending more and more money on video game controllers to play the same games we were playing 20 years ago.
            we're getting scammed out the ass because it's a niche hobby and these newbies are eating it all up. in fact it's a lot like the nonsense that infests mechanical keyboards with people defending spending thousands of dollars on hundredths and thou sandths of seconds/mm "improvements" over their current setup that ultimately don't change a goddamned thing. like wow after 500 dollar individually greased custom neo panda duke of edinburgh's penis pump kailh rainbows your DA shitposting wpm went up by 5 w/m
            who gives a frick?
            likewise for turbodweebs who never post racing and only talk about "gear"
            you suck and everyone else hates you. get off the track.

to add to this you can still buy and old thrustmaster and lawn chair. That's fine, that's based. You can even be faster than joe rogan in it. But joe rogan's $70k sim rig is nicer, feels nicer to be in, gets better frames and the wheel feels stiffer. There's a huge jump from the 100 dollar range to 1000 dollar range, but past that not that much difference other than gaming luxury

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

who gives a frick how nice his simrig is when Joe Rogan is 5 seconds off the leader and getting in divebomb pissing matches with three-name iberians at the back of the field before he gets booted for having too many no-no touches?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

because most people aren't autistic competetive tryhards, they come home from work and want to do a few laps in their favorite cars on some cool tracks. A lot of people in this hobby are legit 4p year old dads. They just value graphics and framerate and physical feeling of their rig more than being better than other people in game. And if you play sim racing long enough you'll get good through technique refinement and muscle memory anyway.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>racing
            >most people aren't autistic competitive types
            then they are playing the wrong fricking video games
            it's racing. if you're not in it to win it you're just an obstacle.

>people like you constantly claim that this is the only acceptable way to play these games
            I just said that's not the case. No wonder you are poor you belligerent moron

>backpedalling
            >ntaing
            nitrocope

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

ok yeah you're just a mentally ill manchild. Go back to DA

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

most people join iracing for clean races with real people, they're not playing to be le real racing driver you dope

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>play le realistique racing game with other people in a competitive environment
            >noooooo I just want to chill and cruise why does everybody take this so seriously

have you considered that you are in fact fricking moronic?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

kek. I'm sure one day you'll be a real race driver champ. keep practicing on your plastic thrustmaster you'll be just like tagumi one day homosexual

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I've played ac since beta and it's the same fricking shithouse it always was don't try to fool me

there's nothing wrong with the games being old, again you are blinded by the shit in your eyes. but, critically the old games don't change. you're not unlocking some new FFB that wasn't there before, and it's not like there are new sims coming out with groundbreaking physical simulation either, the bar is still very low and a lot of these new games like acc and lmu are just the old games with a shiny new wrapper.
            you're not getting "better" force feedback, you're getting "louder" force feedback. you got a 1000w sound system playing tunes off a mono cassette at max volume.

my problem is not that you choose to do this it's that you and people like you constantly claim that this is the only acceptable way to play these games which is a massive load of horseshit that I know not even you believe.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>people like you constantly claim that this is the only acceptable way to play these games
            I just said that's not the case. No wonder you are poor you belligerent moron

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Everyone knows the software is the same. It's just that a belt is literally not strong enough to produce the forces you would feel from a steering rack in a real car. You also lose a lot of detail in belt driven rigs, so even just the ability to tune and refine FFB on a DD is better, with more range especially for stuff like impacts and mechanical failures. Idk what exactly you're arguing, high end equipment isn't worth it because of diminishing returns? Like I said there's a huge jump from 100 to 1k and then past that it gets less interesting. What you want to spend is up to you, nobody really cares what you play on, and it doesn't make you better

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
            you don't even understand how TMs drive system works. just stop posting.

you're slow, ugly, and gay
            so I guess that means I win

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>
            >you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
            >you don't even understand how TMs drive system works. just stop posting.
            >

>you're slow, ugly, and gay
            >so I guess that means I win

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

.Anonymous
            05/02/24(Thu)16:09:15 No.27625041
            7 KB
            7 KB PNG
            > #
            >you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
            >you don't even understand how TMs drive system works. just stop posting.
            >

#
            >you're slow, ugly, and gay
            >so I guess that means I win

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>n*rv doesnt know what thoughjaks are

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

reading comprehension is your friend

>gear queer x9001 direct drive dildo spinner
            >made of a single chinese electric scooter motor and a control board with some extruded aluminum as a chassis if your lucky
            >have to put it together yourself
            >doesn't come with pedals or a shifter
            >if it breaks you're just fricked because either the company will go out of their way to not honor the warranty or there never was one
            >$2000

>Logitech G920
            >made of nerf gun plastic, aluminum and real leather
            >designed by swiss watchmakers assistants
            >ready to play out of the box, shifter is $50
            >Logitech will literally send you an entire new one if you manage to break it
            >$200

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

A fanatec DD is what $400?
            >break one just buy another one
            If that hurts you that much its time to reevaluate your entire life. Nobody recommends g29/g920 anymore its not the early 2000s.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>nooo you should waste money buying overpriced fragile crap and get fleeced by chinks and germs because uhhh...uuhhhm the got damn uhhhhhhhhh....you're poor ok!!!!1

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>fanakek dd $400
            for just the base with no rim or pedals

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Logitech G920
            >gets israeliteed by logitech out $200 for literal plastic
            >somehow I'm a sucker for buying a fanatec DD for $400 which is built from solid metal
            LOL, LMAO even.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>thread about video games
            >has yet to post a single video game
            gearqueerlet slowgay mcshitter the third (esq.)

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You don't need triples or VR to get learned in the sim. Or a direct drive wheel.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I like to use in-games customization and tuning to visualise my own car and how would it look like with a spoiler like this or that and with decals and foil color here and there.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

more of a mechanic simulator guy

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i usually prefer more realistic games since they often provide more challenge

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I like them all, arcade carnage like Burnout, something in the middle like NFS or Forza, and modded Assetto in VR with Russian mods

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'd love a C1GP-style game where you drive road-legal cars on actual racetracks for proper race distances or racecars on highways (like the opposite of TXR) but that'll take too much money.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

iracing and acc both have gt4 cars you can race. afaik they're pretty close to the actual showroom gt4 models.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

just use your playstation/xbox controller. it helps you learn racing lines, threshold braking, oversteer/understeer control, optimal shifting, and whatever other driving technique you'd like just as well as a $10k setup

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The last good racing game was Midnight Club 3.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Do you like to play them?
    The livery of my real life racecar is based on one from an old dos racing game
    >Do you buy and drive cars you own in real?
    Rfactor2 has my car as one of the default cars. Pick the national class option in USF2000.
    >Do you prefer simulation as close as your real car driving or arcade to have some wild fun?
    I like both for different reasons. I probably play trackmania more than anything else though because my brothers play it.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

There will never be a racing game that matches Pro Street's Speed mode's sheer VIOLENCE. Going ridiculously fast while barely in control hasn't felt that good anywhere else, not even in futuristic racers like Wipeout, especially with speed limiter disabled.
    A thing I don't see people talk about in regards to it is how every track has an optimal build that will kinda to really suck everywhere else. It's pretty cool.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Pro Street was a good arcade game for actual car enthusiasts and thas why it was hated by kids grown up on Underground and Fast and Furious movies. Having own specifications for each category is something you see in real racing. You can't do 9 sec 1/4 mile in a drift car, same how big fat tyres drag machine won't drift.
      Also none other game ever got such cool atmosphere of casual track day. Usually games are pro racing, like WTCC or DTM or just street racing. Pro Street is the only game where you can take a tuned Rx8 and race it against restomod Chevelle SS in the same class and have an interesting battle.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I wasn't just talking about the class separation, but also that within classes the cars have their niches across tracks. This is easiest to see in the G-Effect series where on Texas Speedway you want to build an essentially Speed car to beat the damned Porsche, while on both Mondello and Willow Springs you can get away with an underpowered but well-handling car like Civic Si.
        In Speed this is even more prominent, every stage has a car archetype that is best suited to it. Like, on Autobahn you can get away with full low drag spec, Fukushima is bumpy and generally slower so you want more downforce to not die, Tokyo Expressway is effectively a Grip track so full downforce and acceleration, and Nevada is both jump-heavy and fast so you either go high downforce to not jump or soft suspension low drag to survive jumps.

Really, the main problems of Pro Street are fricked economy and wallriding, and the main way to fix both is to ban repair markers.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I'd argue that main problems with ProStreet are tank slapper shaking and delayed controls. Everything else is fine. Those 2 alone ruin in-game experience unless you turn them off through modding.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I used that yellow Nissan Skyline game offers you for free during one of these events where you drive Viper or said Nissan. Skyline seemed much more stable for me. Surprisingly Zonda wasn't really THAT great as I expected.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Nevada was just scary but this dude made it seem easy.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>pegged at 402 the whole way
            holly shit

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Noen of those decisions have to be made if you just have a 911 Turbo for grip and another for speed.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I love ProStreet to bits, but the driving model, especially for drifting, leaves a lot to be desired. AI too, it's very slow even on max difficulty.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Rudy Chen isn't in Geffect Texas speedway.
          Paul Trask is the fast one.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Do you like to play them? Do you buy and drive cars you own in real?
    Yaasss

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i have a 2k simrig with which i learned to drive faster online. last year i started karting and this year im starting to track my camaro

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I like both simulation and arcade style. From crazy taxi to automobilista and other shit like that. Although beamng is always great.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I've been replaying Gran Turismo 4. I'll probably give AC a shot again once my racing wheel/pedal setup arrives.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

lookin good

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I love them but I live in shared accommodation so I can't setup pedals and shit so just stuck with arcade sim stuff on controller. Was counting on forza not shitting the bed but unfortunately we know how that went, it was nice to have a game where controller is the best input for people like me. Sucks to know I can never top the time attack charts in pretty much any other game because I'm too poverty for the equipment.

18. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

hasnt been a single good one since asetto corsa 1 fh3 fm7 and gt6

19. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

the fanaisraelite gear queer FEARS the logitech desk clamp plastic lawn chair samurai

20. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

[...]

homie what the frick are you talking about lmao holy shit. touch fricking grass kid

21. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

see the problem with video game FFB is that it's mostly fake. all the small bumps and vibrations people claim are so important are in fact canned effects that often times do not actually correlate to what is actually going on physically. The only things that are really linked to the in-game physics in the vast majority of sims are things like the steering rack and as a result, tire carcass forces and anything that interacts with the car directionally. That rumble you feel in the kerbs is technically fake. That wheelhop in a sharp corner is fake. Unless those forces interact with the suspension in a way that moves the steering, those forces are not actually real, nor should you necessarily ever be able to feel them all through the steering wheel.
    it's true a stronger FFB wheel has more headroom to produce these effects, but what does it matter when you don't really need or want all that noise? Let's say you have a motion rig, you don't need a super strong wheel because the vibration effects are accomplished by the rig and the wheel no longer needs to supply them.
    that means you can run a lower strength, race longer and with less fatigue. more fun. likewise if you have a G27 and a plastic lawn chair you don't really need to crank everything to max and listen to Logiquake forever, and with the fake effects gone the physical effects have much more headroom.
    there is a place for dd wheels but due to the autism required to fully utilize them I cannot possibly recommend them to beginners.

The Thrustmaster T300 is the best price/performance ratio and doesn't get you in the autistic sunk cost trap like the go-kart anon itt.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

why are you paying attention to crap like kerb vibration? The important thing is latency and for the rotational force to be realistic. Both are worse in a belt driven wheel. And in a game with an actual competent tire model like AC you could never teach yourself to deal with snap oversteer because you could just easily move that wheel with your pinky finger however you like.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>an actual competent tire model like ac

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

kek i knew you would say this. I guess verstappen and shit just play AC ACC and iracing for the arcade experience. Next you'll tell me GT7 is actually better

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>The Thrustmaster T300 is the best price/performance ratio

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Buy an ad Thomas

22. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I just want a modern drive a motorcycle in traffic game that isn't terribly arcade-y.

23. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

alright I'll take the bait, name 1 game

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

nta
        but right now, the best tire model is probably rfactor2
        and the best sims overall are rf2, iracing and ACC, with different strengths each, and imo no clear winner in overall fidelity.

AC is an honorable mention, for being the only sim (instead of arcade) with a very healthy modding community, which means infinite amounts of cars and tracks for you to choose from.
        if you want a sim for free roaming in obscure classic cars in vast maps, AC is the way to go, since you don't really have much of a choice anyway.

and beamng is *extremely* promising, but it has a long, long, long way to go before it becomes as good as properly modded AC for freeroaming. or indeed as good as (modded) rbr for rallying.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

thoughts on ams2? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger. I heard it's the best in terms of VR performance but the tire model is controversial

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

not bad, and yes, its great in terms of VR, but it falls apart on the use case front.
            if you just want to joyride in random cars in VR, AC has a way better selection of cars/tracks
            if you actually want to race vs humans, iRacing is also very good for VR, and has infinitely better multiplayer. rF2 is also decent for VR, but not as good as iRacing, and its also worse as a multiplayer title. ACC sucks in VR, the perf is extremely bad.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

rfactor 1
        rfactor 2
        AMS1
        Beamng
        Nascar Racing 2003
        Grand Prix Legends
        Microsoft flight simulator
        Need for Madness
        Garfield kart

24. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  25. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

can the mods please rangeban the pajeet idiot who has a mental breakdown and shits all over the thread every time some1 dares to recommend anything except a used g920?
    we had a good thing going here and he's completely raped it.
    while we're at it, please rangeban the entire third world too.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I've been lobbying for 3rd world internet segregation as well

It would be an incredibly simple move, and would significantly boost user experience

I'm trying to sell a car in Australia currently, do you know how many Indian scammers I need to swat away?

26. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>can the mods please rangeban the pajeet idiot who has a mental breakdown and shits all over the thread every time some1 dares to recommend anything except a used g920?
    >we had a good thing going here and he's completely raped it.
    >while we're at it, please rangeban the entire third world too.

27. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Are there any games that realistically simulate the clutch pedal? Like pressing it until it engages on the bitting point, or fumbling it and stalling the engine?

28. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  29. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

30. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

why don't you both just race each other on ac and stream it so we can laugh?

31. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This thread be like
    >hey stop having fun the wrong way
    >no I'm not having fun the right way either but you should or you're a Black person homosexual

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *