What's your plan when in 10 years there will only be electric cars?

What's your plan when in 10 years there will only be electric cars?

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I won't buy a new car

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You won't own them.
      They will drive themselves and you will use a uber like app to go anywhere.

This is what they've been planning for years.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

obvious fpbp.
      E-Black folk need not reply

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Well you're gonna have to get one when all the gas stations get removed because the market moves away from ICE

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

GM still makes cars?
    I guess golf carts don't really count, do they?

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Electric vehicles are economic suicide
    https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/24/business/ford-earnings-ev-losses/index.html

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Keep driving my toyota

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

by then there'll be a variety of models with a variety of features.

my current car is a 2015 subaru of the lowest class.
    it has a stero and electric windows. other than that everything is manual so there's not much that can go wrong.
    by the time 2035 rolls around i'll be able to purchase a low-tier electric vehicle with no bells and whistles. it'll require less maintenance than a combustion engine, and likely be a bit cheaper.

the cost and weight of batteries is really all i'm worried about at this point.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>everything is manual
      like what? even if things appear manual in most cars they are not really. I have a pickup that is older than that that appears all manual but still has the electronic throttle, electronic instrument panel with analog gauges driven by step motors, etc

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Never happen.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

How are they going to make electricity without oil? The entire infrastructure is dependent on it. 100% Even the 'green tech'.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

fission i hope

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Nothing matters after 2030.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm buying used for the rest of my life.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>25 years from now
      >stuck on the side of the road
      >engine blowing black smoke
      >electric cars driving by
      >the children in them are pointing at my 1999 bronco and laughing

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That's why you buy a Toyota not a Ford

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

i was making fun of the idea of having a car for 50 years and thinking it'll still work right.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I’ll buy a Chinese one.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Those are all EVs

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yes?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

ignore him, confederate apologists can't read

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

My point is if they force me to buy one, I’ll buy from the competition

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Anyone that has done any research here knows that batteries and the electric grid are the bottleneck to this.
    No way is the grid going to be ready in 10 years when places in US have outages left and right to current tesla
    Two unless they can make a graphite battery or otherwise that is much more plentiful resource and longer battery life there is no fricking way.
    GM is just hedging a bet on marketing. They stopped sedan production in US recently and are big on China. You can thank Obama for bailing them out. They are probably hoping a lot of this electric production is in China so they can win big with this by selling green instead of american.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Anyone give a shit about this and not on /auto/ should consult dashboard light for car reliability. Don't know why anyone would buy a gm much less give them credibility for taking bailout and hedging their bets against US at this point but to each their own. Figure they just see tesla stock numbers in awe. Toyota former ceo was the one who went against the status quo of electrical and they are the ones that sold the hybrid to the world. The ceo was kicked out last year for going against the narrative. Fortunately Toyota still doing research on alternative fuels while all these other companies are just following the tesla model.
      https://www.dashboard-light.com/

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

California is banning new non electric cars by 2035 and 10 other states are following them. Also Biden wants half of all cars to be electric by then. Companies have to comply

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Depends what the post-apocalyptic wasteland looks like. Probably will be walking.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Cars will be exotic toys for the wealthy in 10 years, and we're already well on our way to that reality right now.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>everyone gets home around the same time after their 9-5 shift
    >plugs in their electric car so it can charge
    >electrical grid collapses due to overwhelming strain
    Has this ever been addressed?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>gov introduces blackout hours
      >you can only charge your car 1h a day

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Actually EU has already has on the books they can remove electricity from charging cars when plugged in.

And yes, other newer laws of invisible check points, distance you are allowed to drive.. times...

You never own a electric car.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

What blew my mind which I learned recently is that in UK they have black boxes in cars which determine how much you pay in insurance based on how and when you drive. Just imagine if they will pass a law that requires it on every vehicle.
          They never will outlaw cars per se, but they will make it so impossibly difficult own one that it will basically on the same as banning it. Dark times are coming

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The U.S. doesn’t have the infrastructure to mandate electric cars by the time they say they want to. Not even close. It’ll take at least 50 years to develop that kind of infrastructure with the current socioeconomic conditions. You can’t just throw a horde of Chinese at it and have it done in 10 years. That and…we give all our money to the MIC, Israel, and welfare programs. They just gave 60 billion to Ukraine and the war will be over before they can effectively implement any of the funding. Where is all that money really going to go?

These people are just trying to scare you into buying an electric car so they can surveil you even more. They want you to buy the 100k Tesla that can lock your doors and drive you to the police station.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I can't fricking wait. Just hope Tesla has some real competition by then because I refuse to support their moronic shitty "monopoly" that still somehow loses them money. Never mind their cars catching fire if you blink too hard at them.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Ride a bike

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Looks like the suburban American dream is ending

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *