Where do you put your phone when you're driving without using one of these things?

Where do you put your phone when you're driving without using one of these things? They're ugly but I use maps and Spotify frequently and I need to stop using my phone while I'm driving.

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

use one of these magnet based mounts instead of that clunky piece of shit.

my s22 ultra has yet to dismount itself from aggressive street driving with 480hp.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

So do you like have a case with a magnet or have it glued on the back?

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

it comes with a flat magnet you stick on the back of your case

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

I wedge the magnet between my case and phone

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

So do you like have a case with a magnet or have it glued on the back?

it comes with a flat magnet you stick on the back of your case

holy shit all of you are moronic. the only thing with an actual magnet in it is the mount. the disc/plate that you stick on your phone/case is just s piece of ferritic steel.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

The magnet is a POS because you have to glue the steel plate to your phone, and the glue ends up melting in the sun anyway.

2. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

only time I look at my phone when driving is to use the GPS, so I just put it in front of my gauges

3. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I use a magnet based one that goes on the vent and it looks pretty good.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

I use the linkmount stuff.

nice saab

4. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>They're ugly but I use maps
    Imagine not being able to memorize a route before you drive.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Just keep it in your pocket. Turn on audio directions if you doubt your ability to memorize your route.

>t. lives in some bumpkin town with 3 roads.

Try navigating an actual city and tell me some audio directions will get the job done. I can't tell where I'm supposed to go half the time when staring straight at the map because there are so many roads/exits meeting in the same place. I can't even find the road sign half the time so audio directions wouldn't help at all.

>"Turn right at S HWY 625 N West Street Avenue"
      >"WHAT THE FRICK THERE'S LIKE 6 PLACES I CAN TURN AND I CAN'T SEE SIGNS FOR ANY OF THEM!?"

inb4 "don't live in the city"
      I want to make more than $30k a year, Cletus.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>Try navigating an actual city and tell me some audio directions will get the job done. I can't tell where I'm supposed to go half the time when staring straight at the map because there are so many roads/exits meeting in the same place. I can't even find the road sign half the time so audio directions wouldn't help at all.
        I navigate Budapest that way.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Lived half my life in cities, never needed to look at a map while driving. Fricking learn to memorize a route before you drive. I've never even used navigation to get my self anywhere.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

I could but half the reason I use maps is to avoid the constant road closures and traffic I structions in my city.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

You lived in TOWNS, son.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Didn't know L.A. was a town.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>I only ever went to the same 3 places

Your experience is irrelevant.

Also, if I know the general area already, yeah, I don't need GPS, but if I'm vacationing or going to a part of town I don't know, frick yes I'm using GPS. Shit, half the time I miss my turn because while I'm looking for the road sign the impatient frick behind me is about to rear end me.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I drove for a living for many of those years in LA, and it was before GPS was common. Learn to fricking read a map and memorize the city layout and finding your way around is easy. Quit using GPS as a crutch

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>quit doing things the easy way
            ok (not going to really)

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

You lived in TOWNS, son.

>son
            why are you trying to sound like a boomer when the poster you're talking to is obviously older than you? only zoomers rely on GPS, boomers were using paper maps and road atlases until the mid 2000s

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Boomers where I live rely heavily on GPS, but then they keep cursing at the GPS and saying it's shit and useless even though in 50% of the time they're using it wrong and their problems come from not knowing which buttons to press.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>Boomers where I live rely heavily on GPS, but then they keep cursing at the GPS and saying it's shit and useless
            My dad always buys some old GPS devices with outdated maps then complains how it led him to the wrong spot or didn't know about the turn.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I Use android phone with maps cleared of data so it loads up to the minute maps. Look up nearby gas stations, shows another state the phone hasnt been to. Look up clinic for piss test to get a job
            Gps directs me to a mcdonalds on the other side of the strip mall

Still gives bad directions, quicker to figure it out

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>boomers were using paper maps and road atlases until the mid 2000s
            Implying that I don't still use those. Oh sure I'll ask the thing for a route but I'll double check it against an atlas to make sure it doesn't do stupid shit like pic related.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>He doesn't own an amphibious vehicle
            Pleb

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Considering how much construction goes on these days. I wouldn't trust a paper map outside of which major highway to take

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

La, sandy eggo, sanfranshithole, las vegas, poorland, reno, seattle. Hardly use gps. When I use gps its frequently wrong. Learn how to think. Rats can navigate a maze, are you not as smart as a rat?

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>Be a man, drive around in circles for half an hour instead of just driving straight there

Woo, it's big brain time!

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>he doesn't know
        In the land of Billy Bobs making 35k a year, the man who makes 60k is king.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Yeah, but then all of your neighbors are Billy Bobs. Though, I can understand the argument that the flood of Poos and low IQs into major cities is quickly deflating that argument. My main gripe with small towns is there's just nothing to fricking do.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

I was a delivery guy in the seattle area for years without a gps. I have tried GPS to avoid traffic, but it usually told me to take the same route I would normally take which is fricking annoying. Sometimes it tells you to drive through warehouses and other shit that seems like a bad idea, or it sends you on wild goose chase. Its even worse out in the country, it tells you to turn off of forest service roads and drive through private property which warns about tresspassers will be shot, or abandoned roads and then you lose signal.

Zoomers are permanantly moronic cause phones fricked over your sense of navigation, social skills etc. You will never just know how to find your way around.

If phone networks go out ill have a few days of withdrawl, but then my iq will go back up 40 points within the year.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

>Seattle """Area"""
          >Some rural town of 5,000 people

homie...I...

You cannot just find some random side street in a city of a million+ without GPS. You may not look at it turn by turn, but I guarantee you will need some kind of mapping service at least for the last mile. Sure, you can MapQuest it like a Boomer with a flip phone, but what are you really doing at that point? And, yes, you can find it on a map if you want to spend 20 minutes combing around until you see it like a navigational Where's Waldo. People pre-GPS used to have a set of directions for people to come from a main road/highway, people don't do that nowadays. It was always "Turn off Highway 1 at the Johnsonville exit, take the 2nd right, then the 1st left, go down until you see a blue house, that's me" Nobody has those canned directions because everyone is just going to GPS it and likely get a faster route.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

No dipshit, seattle area means the entire area including everett, seattle, tacoma, bellevue, kent, renton, airport etc. I had to use a box van to deliver shit, so illegal uturns were out of the question. and I just had the address and out of date maps.

There used to be a training period where the salesman would introduce me to some customers and so fourth tho, so I only had to find 50 or 60 stores on my own

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

So...basically....

>Be a man, drive around in circles for half an hour instead of just driving straight there

Woo, it's big brain time!

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

They paid me $12 per hour, so I couldnt afford a gps unit or to take the fastest possible route. I didnt just drive in circles, I took different routes every day instead of picking the "best" routes and again, when the company finally got around to buying a gps unit, it told me to drive exactly my normal route or through buildings, on train tracks, wrong way on 1 way streets and land somewhere other than the customer. My android phone was also pretty bad at navigation. In sfo, gps blanks out every time you get to a tricky spot and directions will be delayed till after you got through it. Idk if apple phones have gps or if people are so fricking moronic that going in circuitous routes and landing a block away is preferable.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I've never had this much trouble with a GPS in my life, you are a special kind of moronic, son.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Can confirm Seattle anon's story. In HS I was a delivery driver in Houston and never used a GPS. If I was taking multiple orders I'd just jot down a few of the more obscure street names on the receipt and never had any issues.

Zoomers really are hopeless

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I can triple confirm. I worked as and then managed delivery drivers in Texas, California, and the midwest in the pre-GPS era. This included semi-fixed routes (each driver serviced ~200 locations every two weeks) and random routes ("delivery items to these three customers who ordered today"). For the random routes, a driver would often need to consult a map before leaving, and there might be some paper maps in the truck if a driver gets really lost, but, for the most part, people just learned how to get around.

It's not like these were the most professional, super experience delivery drivers either. The place I worked in California had a deal with the state to hire people right out of prison. I can't imagine how dense zoomers are if they can't navigate without a phone.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

t. smooth brain that has never read a map

the smallest city I've ever lived in was 600k and my phone lives in my pocket while driving (or in the console when connected to an audio jack/charger). I look up where I need to be, and just get there. don't assume everyone lives in some shithole because you have no sense of direction

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

People navigated spaghetti streets for a hundred years without gps you zoomer moron.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

a hundred years ago streets didn't look like this

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

At least the main roads are a grid. I've been a lot of places where all the roads look like the squiggles in the middle of the main roads. There's no sensible way to find where you need to go in that, period.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Jesus Christ Zoomers are moronic, it couldn't be easier. Just figure out how to get to the block you need to go and count how many streets until the one you need to turn on.

Ex. If you need to go from Sprouts to the Sunland Village Golf Club.

Right on Gilbert Rd
            Left on Broadway
            Right on Greenfield
            1st Right halfway down the block
            first right, follow through 90 degree turn
            straight to golf course

It's that fricking simple.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>1st Right halfway down the block
            *1st Left halfway down the block

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>1st Right halfway down the block
            *1st Left halfway down the block

you already fricked up you dumb homosexual and you had the fricking map in front of you. Now do that with memorization smartass

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>Now do that with memorization smartass
            I've been doing it for years dumbass it's not hard and I caught the mistake right after posting.

You're just a useless homosexual who literally couldn't find your way out of a wet paper bag. And I thought people were moronic when it came to land nav in the army, I can't imagine how bad it is nowadays.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>>"Turn right at S HWY 625 N West Street Avenue"
        America

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Much better than “Oi turn left at dead white guy street (left cause wrong side of the toad blimey)”

5. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

In the cubbyhole behind the shifter because I don't keep my shit frickered up like a packrat

6. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I use one of those that goes into the CD Player slot. I don't care if "iT's UgLy" (what are you, a woman?), it puts the phone where I want it and is sturdy enough to not fall off. Vents are too fragile for a phone+battery case like I use and suction cups always fail when it gets too hot or cold.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>suction cups always fail when it gets too hot or cold.
      Bought one from a dollar store and it never failed me

7. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Just keep it in your pocket. Turn on audio directions if you doubt your ability to memorize your route.

8. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Cup holder, the charger angles the phone perfectly so I can view it if I need to.

9. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Best thing about the interior is I have a place to watch my soaps

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>automatic

10. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

IN MY POCKET.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

OK boomer

11. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

In the glovebox moron, aka phonebox.

12. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

in the gloveboz or centre console
    anyone who uses a phone while driving needs their license revoked

13. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Between the seat cushions or on the passenger seat, because I bought a CarPlay compatible head unit

Highly recommend

14. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

on the dashboard of course

15. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I literally only use audio directions via Bluetooth.

16. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I'm not addicted to cell phones like a moron.

17. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I'm not a zoomer, when I drive I don't need my phone.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Checked and blessed. If you can't drive by references, you don't belong on the road. You're a danger to everybody when you look at your phone/tablet when driving.

18. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

i have one that slots into a cd-player-slot.

it works well for my car, since the multimedia-shit and screen is separated and who the frick uses cds anymore. i can remove it if i want to update the maps.

19. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>he doesnt have carplay
    It is such a life changer

Before that I used something similar to pic rel. Nothing compares to magnetic holders

20. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I use this style. My dashboard is curved, and I have to put the suction cup a bit further back, so the telescopic arm is nice. The phone holder releases via spring pressure with a button behind it, and clams manually. Some holders do the inverse (spring-assisted clamping, release with two side sliders you have to push in) but I find they don't clamp that good.

My car has a matched Eibach spring/Bilstein B8 damper set and is quite hard, magnetic and gravity-style holders are not that secure.

21. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

my headunit has carplay so I don't have to use any ugly phone mounts

22. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>not having a screen and apple CarPlay or android auto

lol

23. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>people still arguing about navigating a city

you use Waze to avoid traffick jams

24. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

in my pocket because my bluetooth lets me do everything, including texting, from the center screen

25. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I just plug in my phone and use CarPlay. Then put the phone in the center console. Simple as

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *