Why do you hate me?

Why do you hate me, DA?

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Unless it's on a proper performance vehicle or off-roader, it's wasted.

AWD on your camry isn't going to make much difference unless you live in rural Canada in which case you should have a different proper AWD vehicle anyway.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>AWD on your camry isn't going to make much difference unless you live in rural Canada in which case you should have a different proper AWD vehicle anyway.
      If you live anywhere north of new york, you'll know its much better just to have an awd vehicle in general. Its not a waste. Its cheaper to have a crv or subie than to go and buy a pickup or jeep with locking diffs. You don't need an offroad rig to go through 4 inches of snow. Awd and snow tires is all you really need, but there's a huge difference between fwd and awd, and just having all 4 wheels spin is the difference between getting stuck and chugging along on a snow day. There's a reason why stuff like outbacks and rav4's are so popular. Unless you're going on trails that require you to have serious ground clearance, a unibody transverse car with awd will do just as good as any longitudinal bof truck in snow. Your tires are what matter the most. Not having a rwd bias.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>snow drift.jpg
        >the car is clearly plowing with the front while sliding sideways
        Such is a life of a wrong wheel driver. By the way, their "AWD" is an example of how you don't make these systems:

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

yeah the crv is garbage, but it still works fine in snow as far as I've seen. I have an element with snow tires for a winter beater and its literally never had an issue even in 6 inches

?si=xynw4rb8ylu0i4VA

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

What the shit is that language? It has no basis in any way to anything. Is it magyar or some frickary? Oh my god I think I'm going insane after hearing that guy speak.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I need to know what Honda said now.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous
  2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Depends on what's really inside you.
    3 differentials? DA will praise you. All lockable? Even /org/ will suck your dick.
    You're troonyverse with Haldex instead? Ewww gay go spread your HIV somewhere else.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Fine for a daily, but a fun car is rear wheel drive only.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

a 911 turbo is AWD and probably more fun than any car you own.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You're just an inferior 4x4. If I want power going to my front wheels I should be physically in control of that. I also want to be able to drift or do a burnout without pulling fuses or front axles

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I wouldn't mind an extra couple mpg from FWD/RWD-only but even I have to admit its fun to mog the shit out of everyone, especially allegedly 4x4 brodozers, in winter.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i'm neutral towards you, but just roll my eyes at the crowd that thinks that you'll die if you drive in the snow in fwd or rwd for longer than 3 seconds

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I don't need you

T. Southern Californian

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Not even going to the mountains for Christmas in Tahoe.
      Sad

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why Japan use AWD and 4WD interchangeably but America does not?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

because Japanese people know the difference; one is delivering power to all 4 wheels, the other is a reference to groundbreaking anime by declaring Akira Was Dope

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

it's car "enthusiasts" declaring autistically that they mean different things, even though everyone used to say either interchangeably.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

This isn't true in the least bit. 4WD was the original and the only badging because there were no automated systems. When companies like Subaru and Audi started equipping vehicles with computer controlled 4WD systems they branded it AWD and then proprietary stuff like Quattro. After a while everyone was throwing their own names into the ring like 4matic and X-Drive and people just decided it's easier to delineate between an automatic system and a manual system by using AWD and 4WD. AWD is delivering variable power to all four wheels and can be full-time/synchronous or part-time and the vehicle simply decides where to push the power. When you put a vehicle in 4WD you're evenly splitting power and sending 25% to each wheel. Differential rotation caused by a differential doesn't change the actual input going to the wheels though, it's about the source of the power being split up.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because you're a trash "human" and you deserve to have you hands cut off and fed to you with your eyeballs and genitals for dessert. AWD I'm ok with tho

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

For me, it's she.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

dead weight

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

AWD = scared boomer bandaid.
    For a little less than a decade (I forget the actual time, as I don't watch tv, stopped in 2007) AWD has been marketed heavily to boomers because they think every mm of snow is deadly.

Boomers have lived 90% of their life without any form on 4 wheel power and all of a sudden they feel that snow is the end of their fragile life if they don't get AWD, despite the huge downsides.

I hate you because you have boomer mentality, and probably play devil's advocate and take the nice side of things as to not seem rude.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Hear me out.
      AWD, but instead of a 70:30 distribution, 60:40 or 50:50. Your tuned FF-based vehicle becomes an instant drift missile. Steering still works and provides extra stability.

maybe i just want to offroad sometimes without sinking my skinny little road tires as much. not everything is paved here, you know?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Its really nice accelerate briskly around in rain and snow. When I had my rwd drifty cars it was really cool in dry weather but it was too easy to kick it sideways in rain/snow. So I ended up being slow and annoyed in the rain/snow. What made me 4x4/AWD only was one time I went on a trip in june and on the way back, there was snow in the mountains, and I got stuck, had to shovel a path, had to wait for the sand truck, then had to wait for a very large gap in traffic, back up on the highway and then the car didnt want to go straight. It was only a mile from the summit where it got stuck. And then there were fires where they closed the main road to my moms neighborhood, so we had to 4 wheel on some poorly maintained dirt roads to get in and out for a while. 4wd is ideal cause you can still use rwd 99% of the time and then get through bad weather or off-road easily. Also everyone else is moronic, so its really nice to have something that my parents or GF can drive safely

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Great for acceleration and handling.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because 90% of "all wheel drive" is troonyverse and front biased

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>front biased
      because the weight is front biased and not front-biasing the power would cause Karen to oversteer into a pole.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>implying fwd front-heavy shitboxes don't oversteer
        >implying karens won't panic brake in the corners

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

the average soccer mom is not driving a 2000lb corsa going 60 in a 30. Its not uncommon to experience lift off oversteer in something like that or an old civic hatch. Bigger transverse stuff has suspension that isn't so dynamic. Most of the time the body roll and soft springs pick up the energy from sharp maneuvers. Just watch arab drift videos with accords and crv's. They have to really unsettle the car to get it sideways. Also that video was in the rain which exacerbates a loss of traction in that situation. Overall you sound like you have no idea what you're talking about

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Idk in Europe they do, maybe in some densely-populated areas of the US they do too. Doing 60 in 30 is not unlikely if you're a woman distracted by your phone or your children or your thoughts or someone in the rear view mirror, and braking inside the corner is how women drive.
            Anyway, the snap oversteer in an FWD or FWD-biased car that is front-heavy (so exactly like described in

>front biased
            because the weight is front biased and not front-biasing the power would cause Karen to oversteer into a pole.

) is a thing and by coincidence this is the thing Karens have no idea of, they think FWD is safer. A lot of anons here share this point of view sadly.
            >Bigger transverse stuff
            The same bigger stuff probably isn't so front-heavy either, but that was stated in the post I replied to.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Anyway, the snap oversteer in an FWD or FWD-biased car that is front-heavy (so exactly like described in

>front biased

because the weight is front biased and not front-biasing the power would cause Karen to oversteer into a pole.) is a thing and by coincidence this is the thing Karens have no idea of, they think FWD is safer
            No you don't understand. Lift off and snap oversteer is almost impossible to do in 90% of the fwd platforms people drive in america. The car is literally made to keep itself straight through unstable maneuvers. Examples of lightweight stuff like the corsa or older civics are totally different cars from things like honda pilots, cx5s, etc. On a 3500-4000lb suv, the automatic transmission and soft suspension soak up any hard transfer of energy while keeping a load on the front wheels. This marres any sharp transfer of energy so the car doesn't spin out, and instead it understeers. This is a visible fact about the average household fwd. Lift off oversteer and snap oversteer exist only in a sports context, or lightweight cars with a very biased weight distribution and poorly made or sporty predisposition. Karens think fwd is safe because it is safe. fwd and awd are leagues safer than rwd, especially in bad road conditions. Just because you can find a few videos of eg hatches spinning out doesn't mean Carrie's nissan rogue is now an sw20

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>things like honda pilots, cx5s
            Don't they have better weight distribution?
            >the automatic transmission
            doesn't take any part in this
            >Karens think fwd is safe because it is safe. fwd and awd are leagues safer than rwd
            As you wish. Don't need to be upset.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Don't they have better weight distribution?
            Maybe but not by much
            >doesn't take any part in this
            It very much does, because engine load on the drivetrain isn't removed completely like it is in a manual, which is what you do when braking in a manual. Load on the front wheels keeps a car more stable. In fact this is also the case in a rwd, as 'lift off oversteer' is literally the cause of the loss of traction in an mr platform like an mr2 or porsche.
            >as you wish
            It sounds like you might have some sort of mental condition or something, so I'll keep it in simple terms. Companies don't build safety features off of theory or opinions. They test for multiple hazards and conditions. In every situation, fwd is safer than a given rwd counterpart. Awd is the safest. In any car that is unsafe as a fwd, rwd is less safe. A heavily front biased weight distribution is not great in a fwd, but its horrendous in a rwd, where the powered wheels are unloaded. If you know how a skateboard is to ride, you'll know its extremely hard to unintentionally slide one. The same principle is true in a fwd commuter car, where the car is usually heavy in general, but it also has softer and more suspension travel than something sporty. This means the rear wheels, which are always responsible for maintaining a straight line, always have traction. It is next to impossible to get rear, unsteered and undriven, loaded wheels to kick out on these cars. In most cases, the car will flip before it loses traction in the rear. You can see this a lot with suvs actually. Its a testament to how poor these vehicles are at changing direction quickly.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Maybe but not by much
            So you don't know?
            >because engine load on the drivetrain isn't removed completely like it is in a manual
            Slight engine braking is the only "load" from the automatic you can possibly get if you step off the throttle pedal, roughly same as with manual in higher gears. A lot of automatics won't give you even that. And in manual the load is removed completely only when you press the clutch which isn't what causes the oversteer.
            >Load on the front wheels keeps a car more stable.
            >'lift off oversteer' is literally the cause of the loss of traction in an mr platform like an mr2 or porsche.
            Google what "lift off oversteer" is. It's "gas pedal lift off", not "front wheels lift off". It's literally caused by the front of the car getting too much load from the deceleration/braking and the rear losing that load and subsequently the traction, exactly what happens with all these front-heavy FWD shitboxes.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>It's literally caused by the front of the car getting too much load from the deceleration/braking and the rear losing that load and subsequently the traction, exactly what happens with all these front-heavy FWD shitboxes
            Yeah except none of these shitboxes eclipse 60/40 weight distribution? And again, the biggest factor here, which I keep repeating, the suspension in these cars buffers out any quick transfer of energy. Panic braking mid corner still doesn't transfer enough weight to the front of the car to have this be a common occurence. Modern braking systems are closer to an even split than older cars with rear drums. Again, older cars with poorer engineering and sporty fwds have less stable braking and more force applied over a shorter span of time. Stacey in her crv is not doing a stoppy, and even under braking, a good amount of weight remains on the rear while abs and stability control handles any lock up. In an mr2, you don't have the luxury of soft, forgiving suspension and more even weight balance that encourages understeer during traction loss. That little hatch in the video was a sport sub compact that most likely weighed around 2000lbs and snap oversteered like that because it was damp conditions in accompaniement of braking mid corner and holding in the clutch (which causes lift off oversteer since you are disconnecting the engine from the drivetrain and not maintaining throttle load into a corner). It had all the conditions in a fwd to experience oversteer in that instance. I'll say it one more time. A cuv/suv/mom car which has soft suspension, abs + esc, and an auto trans that keeps the engine constantly in mesh with the wheels, keeping the wheels stable under deceleration and has around or better than 60/40 weight distribution, is next to impossible to unsettle in a corner and experience lift off oversteer.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Also from the way you're describing these "fwd shitboxes" it almost seems like you don't drive, or at least haven't driven any of these mom cars, or anything modern thats fwd. You sound completely clueless about how cars are engineered in regards to handling characteristics and safety. I dunno what to tell you man see for yourself and drive a mom car and see if you can oversteer it by panic braking

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>braking mid corner and holding in the clutch (which causes lift off oversteer since you are disconnecting the engine from the drivetrain and not maintaining throttle load into a corner).
            This is how the *mericans imagine driving a manual?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Dude the conversation is about karens panic braking mid corner and spinning out. The video that they posted was of a tiny sport sub compact with rigid suspension and someone panic braking mid corner and sliding. I'm saying an opel corsa and a crv are 2 very different cars, and its nearly impossible to do that in a normal crv for multiple reasons, but this tard keeps insisting under normal use, stacies can easily get snap oversteer in their mom cars and its the same with every fwd

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>huge dirt plume
          he's just bad at driving

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>implying Karens are good at it

Awd is badass. It's the fastest in the real world, and the only issue is the mechanicals needed for it. I'm disappointed GM has never actually made an all-wheel drive drivetrain for the v8. Best they ever did was the Silverado SS which is neat, but falls short of a 6+liter V8 in a real sports car chassis. The E-ray is globohomosexual cuck shit, frick off.

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Awd is badass. It's the fastest in the real world, and the only issue is the mechanicals needed for it. I'm disappointed GM has never actually made an all-wheel drive drivetrain for the v8. Best they ever did was the Silverado SS which is neat, but falls short of a 6+liter V8 in a real sports car chassis. The E-ray is globohomosexual cuck shit, frick off.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>what's Trailblazer SS
      >what's CT6-V

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

All of the GMT 800s and 900s were either AWD or 4wd with an awd button

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

"AWD button" (it's written "AUTO", not "AWD") in those is just "on demand 4WD", it connects the front driveshaft with a varying degree of slippage (there's a viscous coupling for that) when the rear is slipping. And the button has been there since GMT400 in 1997 or so.
        There were several true AWD transfer cases used by GM, some with low gear and a lockable center differential (like 4482 and 4484), some without (like 149). Hummers and some of the GMT800s got the former, and Escalades, some Denalis and Trailblazers SS got the latter.

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>me reading this thread full of people arguing about rwd vs awd while switching between the two at the push of a button

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Those are very cool. The new Dodge Charger has that to. I hope it catches on.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Magna AWD system
      These are based 40/60 in corners, 10/90 in straights. Or you can just send 100% to the rear.

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Why do you hate me, DA?

Can't drift.

AWD is great unless you want to have fun, then RWD is king.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

skill issue

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

But I don't.

Skill issue is right, I can break this thing loose in the dry on summer tires with a whipping 165 hp. Git fricking gud

18. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because you have the driving dynamics of FWD with all the extra weight from RWD.

19. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because 4x4 is better for off road conditions and RWD is better for on road performance in every single way.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *