POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Inferior to bester I6

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Too many people think of shitty ones used for minivans and assume that's every single one of them.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Case in point:

A V6 is one of the worst possible configurations, and only exists to mount transversely in front wheel drive vehicles as a "sporty" option. You get the extra maintenance of a V engine without the power or exhaust note or general appeal of a V8, not to mention most shittier V6s are just V8s with 2 cylinders lopped off. They have balancing issues and aren't as smooth as an inline 6 as well. Inline engines are pretty much always superior except compared to V8s, V10s, and V12s. That said, there are some well engineered V6s, like the Buick 3800 and some of the Toyota ones. But I would never lament the lack of a V6 over a different configuration. I would take an i3 over a V6.

and

There isn't a single V6 that doesn's sound like shit.

?si=hXM6ZVPPCXhx9wQN

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>this homologation racecar means V6 engines aren't a cope engine in normal vehicles
        It sounds nice and it's a very cool racecar, but cmon

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I think they do exist in a weird cultural valley between places that care less about displacement like the USA, so why not make a fricking giant V8 engine, and places like Japan where displacement actually legally matters so they went forced induction for almost everything, which nowadays means almost all I4s. I just don't think it's fair to shit on a specific layout because it USUALLY ends up in shitty cars. We don't go around praising shitty Ford 5.4 V8s as prime examples of that engine layout, do we? I've mostly become interested in them as something to put into something like an exocet or low-cost, given that most new ones out of V6 Camaros etc are making north of 300hp, and would be really nice donors for smaller, lighter cars without going to the ridiculous, tire smoking levels of power of a V8 swap.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>given that most new ones out of V6 Camaros etc are making north of 300hp
            An LFX swapped Miata can run the Nurburgring in 7:33

V6s get a bad name from the trash ones from Mustangs but the V6s from GM and Dodge are legitimately good. Nissan is also famous for their V6 engines. The V6 in the Ford GT is very capable too.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I didn't wanna mention the VQ because it seemed too obvious + someone would bring up the HR's oil burning as if it's inherent to all v6s, because this is DA.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What about Toyota?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

when Chrysler was owned by Cerberus, the head of the restructuring wanted to kill Phoenix development to buy Nissan VQs instead, so the Pentastar was intentionally built to be just a teeny bit better, and most of all cheaper to produce. That also speaks volumes for how highly regarded the VQ was.
            It's a very competitive space and there are lots of cool V6s like the GM HF, Duratec 30 and its many cousins, Mazda K series, and Suzuki H27A, a pair of which dominated one of the toughest races in the world under the hood of one of the fastest automobiles ever raced for multiple years in a row.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

And to add to that inferior to the bester V8

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Pentasisters, our response?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>"penta"star
      >not 5 cylinders
      huh

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It's named after their old logo, it has nothing to do with cylinder count.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

duh uh it's ackchewully named after duh pent-head design because it's named like duh HEMI because of it's secret recing pedigree but of course you wouldn't know this because you are a pleb and don't know anything about Pentachads and Mopars.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

cope compressionlet

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

pentastar is reliable, too bad everything else attached to these engines is not.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

A V6 is one of the worst possible configurations, and only exists to mount transversely in front wheel drive vehicles as a "sporty" option. You get the extra maintenance of a V engine without the power or exhaust note or general appeal of a V8, not to mention most shittier V6s are just V8s with 2 cylinders lopped off. They have balancing issues and aren't as smooth as an inline 6 as well. Inline engines are pretty much always superior except compared to V8s, V10s, and V12s. That said, there are some well engineered V6s, like the Buick 3800 and some of the Toyota ones. But I would never lament the lack of a V6 over a different configuration. I would take an i3 over a V6.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Even a Busso V6?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I have a soft spot for alfas so yes the busso V6 gets a pass

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Everything said but also they have the worse harmonics of common engine configs so they require the most balancing. You've got to make it less powerful or it'll eat bearings.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

cope
      That's what V8s are for

A V6 is an Inline 6 with higher torsional rigidity and thus higher rpms and power

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

V6 engines have zero benefits over an inline 6 except being short enough to fit in a econobox and being cheaper on account of being econobox engines. V8s are pretty good engines as long as they flow good, idk what the frick you're talking about with V8s. What V6 engine do you have?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

they have higher torsional rigidity, a more rigid crankshaft, weigh less than an inline 6 and are as a rule more powerful.
          balance problems are resolved simply by a 60-degree banking angle and appropriate firing order.

the V8 exists because a straight 8 has the same inherent issues but worse.
          both v6 and V8 have power stroke overlap which makes them smooth and powerful.

penistar
          sounds so good they had to cork it up to prevent everyone from cooming when a minivan or durango rolls by

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>both v6 and V8 have power stroke overlap which makes them smooth and powerful.
            this is a strange thing to bring up here because l6s and l8s have this as well, while still being more refined compared to their v counterparts

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I6's and I8's can't run 3's.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

fastest acceleration doesn't concern me

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Why would you want to build a V6 of all engines to run a 3s 1/4 mile lmao you'd get laughed off the track

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>V6 engines have balancing issues and aren't as smooth.
      Most of V6 engines are very smooth running engines, maybe Americans are just too dumb to produce smooth running V6 engines.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's an eurocuck.tier engine

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's an amerilard thing moreso

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

So is that why Honda and many euro manufacturers under Stellantis and VAG use them and usually in 90° since the 90s killed off the last 60° units?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

all the American v6s right now are 60 degree and have been for some time
          the last 90 degree v6 went out with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_90%C2%B0_V6_engine
          you can in fact negate the v6's inherent balance issues with a sequential firing order, and all modern ones fire 1-2-3-4-5-6.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Americans invented the V6, Italians the first to win races with it.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

inferior to the best engine of all time - the v4

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Where are all the flat-8s?
    That seems like the ideal to me.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

In planes. Flat-4's are already hard enough to package.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

because they all have i4 shitboxes

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

bc they're less powerful than a V8, more powerful than a 4, but still manage to have worse MPG than both. But I own an na v6 and idgaf about MPG so doesn't bother me any.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because they've never owned busso Alfas.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I love it.

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The 120 degree V6 is the optimum layout, it's already settled Chuds.

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>i cant breathe

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

ACK
      C
      K

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>why does DA hate NA V6?
    I like V6 engines myself like of most of other large displacement naturally aspirated engines. However I do hate majority of I6 engines, these are fricking stupid shit design engines because too many of these have stuff like example spark plugs too far behind the engine, making it nightmare to replace spark plugs because there's often have very narrow gap/space between engine and under the common body or plastic part that's below the windshield wiper arms. Fitting hands and tools into this space isn't fun at all, often its also difficult to see hands, tools, parts properly. Repairs more often require the I6 engine to be taken out of the car than V6 engines. V6 engines do offer more than enough food performance, fuel economy with modern technology. Unfortunately majority of V6 engines have older technology like port injection, low compression ratio.

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I don't, but only in cars under 3000 pounds.

18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>muh balance
    explain how the balance of a engine personally effects YOUR driving

19. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Worse than an i6, worse than a v8. Sounds like shit. Needs balance shafts. Gay and homosexual

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *