Why the frick did they get rid of them

Why did they stop making , these style trucks ???

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

coffee

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I don't get how they can't seem to make a similar sized truck with today's fuel economy.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Most fuel economy gains are through aerodynamics in the United States due to the speed that America drives at. It's a lot of highway driving. By the nature of how a truck is shaped, you're looking at a drag coefficient of 0.35-0.50, which is dogshit but there's very few things that automakers can do about it aside from drivetrain wizardry and lots of aero panels.

Truck owners also have the habit of removing aero from their vehicles, as well as add on modifications that worsen aero as well as add weight to the vehicle (i.e. overlanders, lifted truck, etc.) Trucks are awful baselines to try to squeeze fuel economy from; it's a miracle they even got close to what they did.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Op

These were all good fricking trucks man.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

My brother had a ranger splash, like pic so many memories of him flooring it down.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

So buy one and keep it for life. Not hard. New ones would not be the same.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Fat Americans got fat

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Fat Americans got fat
      Pretty much. I tried a new trugg and one from the 1990s and it's a world of difference of how much seating area there is. The bucket seat of a new truck may as well be a bench seat with how wide they are. The one from the 90s feels normal but certainly won't for someone who tips the scales at closer to 300 lbs.

That overweight stat is worsening too. America got so fricking fat that the CDC separated overweight and obese populations, and the obese outpace the overweight. It's 77% total in the USA for being a fat frick in 2024, and the CDC trends this towards 80% by 2030, which is wishful thinking that the trending will slow.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

game the frick over

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>77% total in the USA for being a fat frick in 2024
        That's fricking wild.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This but unironically. They went away when Americans had more expendable income and less fat.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

corporate average fuel economy + chicken tax

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

All those are made in America tho

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

CAFE standards are american too dummy

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Did you just forget the second part of your post you stupid moron

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

it's a two part problem you silly little dork.
            we don't make them domestically because CAFE
            we don't import them because chicken tax

need anything else spelled out for you today or are you going to shit your dipey and take a nap like a good little boy?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

All those trucks were produced domestically CAFE regulation for trucks have been in place since 1979

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

keyword: were.
            as in they aren't any longer.

CAFE isn't static, its standards adjust over time.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

and specifically, they were sharply increased in 2008 by obama

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Pretty meh vehicles that are looked at with rose tinted glasses. Rather have a larger trucks to do truck stuff.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

small vehicle footprints mean having to pass unrealistic fuel economy standards now

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>small vehicle footprints mean having to pass unrealistic fuel economy standards now
      Even the Prius won't meet CAFE by 2027 and will incur penalties. Only vehicle segment that does are EVs and people aren't willing to warm up to them. The big bottlenecks are charging infrastructure and charging times. Automakers are bending the knee and using Tesla's systems and infrastructure, but charging times require several large jumps in battery tech which simply do not exist yet.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It’s really a method denying private, individual transportation. They can’t just outright ban cars, but they’ll absolutely squeeeze us until it’s impossible to not live outside of diverse, equitable, walkable cities. (Aka brown hellscapes)

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Just how much of your life is ruled by darkies ?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Honestly not much; the bigger problem is moronic prog “””allies””” jockeying for Black approval points.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

quite a lot actually. Think of every darkie that’s in a position of power or influence over you. Whether it’s a manger, government bureaucrat, or government official. Then calculate the allies the other anon brings up and it’s quite a significant amount of influence they have over you in some direct or indirect way. The proper and natural number should be zero in a perfect world, but we don’t get to enjoy such a paradise

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

soul

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

CAFE,emissions,crash regulations, chicken tax, government mandated equipment. All those forced them to either become larger and more expensive.
    Then companies realized they can sell $90000 luxury trucks and make way more money than 3 base models.
    A Ranger used to be about 30% less than a F-150, now it's only 12%.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Then companies realized they can sell $90000 luxury trucks and make way more money than 3 base models.
      That is a consoomer problem. They got greedy and automakers gave them exactly what they wanted, which is a BOF luxury car they can't afford.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

moron take. Have you ever tried to buy a base model? the few that make it to the lot are swooped by businesses the hour they show up

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

How bout you just order what you want?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Because dealerships just sell it to someone else

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Then congrats, go tell ford corporate, regulatory bodies, lawyers and have fun making life hell for the dealer that fricked you out of your truck that your ordered for yourself.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That's not how fleet sales work at all.

How bout you just order what you want?

Because people are low IQ and a salesman tells them they can have a better truck for $50/mo more right now. You really think people are clued into the fact that that's $3000 over the life of a loan when they hear it? No chance.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That sounds like a (You) problem

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Ford Maverick seems to be selling really well. I'd expect more small trucks in the next few years

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

it's just not the same. a jimny with a tray bed would be very neat.
      I saw a lifted hyundai santa cruz that looked not bad, but you know that under the skin it's too light duty to be cool. I couldn't help but think it needed a small but stout 4 banger mounted longitudinal, a boxed ladder frame, and a selectable transfercase. It could keep the IFS and still be wicked
      I know it would never happen, but it was a nice daydream.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why isn't anyone making a small electric truck? Cafe stands wont apply.

11. 4 weeks ago
    s10fag

more expensive products have higher profit margin, see you again next week

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The vehicle I learned to drive on was a 2nd gen single cab Nissan Frontier. Thing was gutless but I still miss driving what was essentially a 5 speed Altima with a bed to do trash runs and move furniture in.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

that is what I need. I don't need a 5 seat f150 4x4 with a 15 inch lift.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *