Anonymous

It's a bar that's supposed to protect the gas tank
      CRVs also have them

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's chode.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because it was a meme car (almost Prius-tier) that had no real redeeming features and sold terribly as such. It's a top-heavy, square, bloated Accord. Got replaced by the more sane, less square HR-V, suicide doors included.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

With a few tweaks they could bring it back as competition with the Bronco.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Considering Honda does not make body on frame tucks or 4x4 I'd say no

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>muh truck
          take your twisty-frame, tire-eating short-bed shitbox and shove it up your ass. we're talking about japanese cars here

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Even the FJ Cruiser is Body on frame. Honda has no excuse. They should always stick they are best for, FWD cars.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

,>no redeeming feature
      Suicide doors, amazing interior space, washables interior, you can literally turn it into a moving bedroom

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Suicide doors
        Isn't that a negative?
        >you can literally turn it into a moving bedroom
        No you can't, it's too short. Better buy a Tahoe or a Suburban.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I was talking to some women (coworker's wives fwiw) and upon mentioning honda the 3 of them immediately started talking shit about "that square one" and how ugly it looks. They don't drive nor care about Hondas at all, but they still frickin hate the Element. Great design, nips, even normalgays (and burqas who dont drive at that) hate it.

>Isn't that a negative?
          just because the words are negative doesn't mean it's le bad. I'd imagine they can only be opened at a stop, with the front doors open too. Fatpeople doors anyhow so yes it's cringe.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>just because the words are negative doesn't mean it's le bad
            Nope, not because of that (suicide doesn't apply to this type anyway), but because you have to open the front door each time, there's no pillar (worse rigidity, less safe in side collisions, no place to mount the seatbelts or any other stuff to), more complicated locks and the rear doors are smaller they could've been. It's a poor solution for cars intended to be used as two-seaters most of the time, like small cab pickups.
            >I'd imagine
            So you haven't even owned a car or truck with them?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

haven't considered the effects of removing the B-pillar. quite frankly i dont give a shit. if i get T-boned i'd want it to be fatal because i couldn't afford another car let alone medical treatment.
            >So you haven't even owned a car or truck with them?
            nope. sedans and sedan-based wagons only

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

karens want bigger, comfier suvs, not something made for utility

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It was made at time to combat the other cubes in the competition. The crosstour was at best it's spiritual successor and still got axed as well

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If I see a decent listing I'll probably snag one. I need a new daily with camping capabilities. I don't necessarily need to be able to comfortably sleep in the car, but it would be a nice bonus to the cargo space I want.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>no actual cargo space
      >no actual sleeping space
      Anon, the entire car is 4.3 m in length, a foot longer than the Miata

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

okay and I'm 5'6 and know that I don't need a meme-tier full sized truck or SUV to do anything lol
        ironically the only car I own right now IS a miata
        I don't allow what-if?-anxiety and a desperate need to feel masculine to determine what cars I purchase

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>I don't allow what-if?-anxiety

If I see a decent listing I'll probably snag one. I need a new daily with camping capabilities. I don't necessarily need to be able to comfortably sleep in the car, but it would be a nice bonus to the cargo space I want.

>what if I need to sleep in the car
          >what if I need the cargo space

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I don't necessarily need
            you fricking moron, learn to read or stop making up shit to try and win a losing argument
            also, check out pic related and tell me that isn't cargo space lol
            I was camping with a fricking honda fit, you think this isn't practically a moving van to me?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>pic related
            What about about buying a normal van?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>use a hyperbolical analogy to demonstrate how that volume of space is more than enough for me
            >THEN WHY DON'T YOU BUY A VAN THEN???? >:~~*((
            you're not good at this, are you?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>caps
            >angrey smileys
            Sorry didn't want to hit a nerve

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Anon,
            >would be nice to have
            is the same as
            >what if I need it
            you're so desperately trying to distance yourself from. Also, getting half-measures is the worst, but it's understandable for a half-man you are, as well as seething about the entire class of vehicles and limiting your options only because of that.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

only one of us thinks its their personal cause to try and stop people from buying a car they don't like, and it's not me

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Not me either, I have no idea how the advice of being more open-minded and not limiting your options because you blindly hate something (probably not even the thing but some of the owners) became "stopping people from buying a car they don't like" in your head.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>is interested in a unique and bizarre car that doesn't fit the arbitrary standards of some random busrider on DA
            >why aren't you more open minded >;(
            anon, people disagreeing with you doesn't mean they aren't open minded, are stupid, or misinformed
            it just means they disagree with you and your opinion
            it isn't some great flaw of character, you're just too emotional and can't regulate yourself during discussions about cars on an anonymous japanese cartoon forum

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I'm 5'6 and know that I don't need a meme-tier full sized truck or SUV to do anything lol
            >I don't allow what-if?-anxiety and a desperate need to feel masculine to determine what cars I purchase
            >you fricking moron, learn to read or stop making up shit to try and win a losing argument
            is not disagreement. It looks more like some unsolved issues honestly.
            I didn't even make a point for the anon to disagree with, just posted a drawing with two dimensions, and he went too emotional in response.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

are you okay anon? this obviously means a lot to you, but you're getting a little stressed out
            maybe it's time to take a break

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>is 5'6"
          >owns a Miata
          >doesn't need no full size truck
          >because full size trucks make him feel too masculine
          Nice bait anon

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>he pays a mortage for a fullsize because he let the propaganda get him
            oh no no no

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

For a full size Miata? What's that? The Corvette?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>anon learns that gay men actually exist

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, still can't wrap my head around the idea that some men are involuntarily gay, I mean not like in prison, but more like incels.

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

they're called bicels

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>and a desperate need to feel masculine to determine what cars I purchase
          right on, fellow NotJustBikes fan.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

okay and I'm 5'6 and know that I don't need a meme-tier full sized truck or SUV to do anything lol
        ironically the only car I own right now IS a miata
        I don't allow what-if?-anxiety and a desperate need to feel masculine to determine what cars I purchase

6'2", the Element seats lay out flat, I can sleep very comfortably with lots of room to spare or just shove a double/full mattress in the back.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>the Element seats lay out flat
          But the front seats themselves aren't flat.
          >just shove a double/full mattress in the back.
          Is there enough length for it? Looks like less than 6 ft

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Is there enough length for it? Looks like less than 6 ft
            It's almost exactly 6ft. You can actually get closer to 7ft with the front seats pushed up fully, but it can't be driven that way.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>almost exactly

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Ignore the other morons, it's perfect for camping out, either in a tent or sleeping inside. You can push the front seats forward and get over 6ft of space to the back window, they fold all the way backwards too for even more space but obviously you can't keep as much stuff behind the seats then. The back seats are easily removable and the ceiling is high the entire length so it's very spacious. As for off-road, I personally drove up some pretty shitty forest roads but wouldn't trust it on anything too crazy, but mine's FWD.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My friend has one of these and it’s just not good for work or off-roading so there’s really no point to using it because it doesn’t even get good MPG either
    You can’t fit shit in it like a truck and it doesn’t work and better than any normal car off road, it’s a meme

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i need a small truck. everything around here sucks.
    kinda want an element now. it will do what i need.
    same price as a pos pickup.
    whats a good year?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

If the element works as a “truck” for you, than you never really needed a truck in the first place

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

i dont need a work truck, i need a vehicle to transport large shit occasionally.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

U-haul then
          Or join the wagonhomosexuals crowd
          I mean let's be honest

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

ive been renting trucks for when i need to do shit. but its like $70-120 per rental.
            that hits when you're picking up $80 worth of crap from cl

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Anon, I feel you. Somehow, the powers that be decided we aren't allowed to have affordable AND practical vehicles. I would love to have something like an Element. I live somewhere with a lot of snowfall though, so I'm really hesitant to buy older used cars due to rust.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

because honda is gay and they are already overstepping the EPA guideline for allowable homosexuality

you "can" fit the same ammount in an element as you can in a small truck like an s10 (pic rel), but it fricking sucks ass too. It has the same problem minivans do for actual work, where you can fit a lot in them, its just a pain in the ass to. Getting my engine and hoist in the bed of a small truck would have been infinetly easier than getting it into the gay honda. it really is just a minivan with no 3rd row and an anemic engine thats cramped in the bay

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>i need a small truck. everything around here sucks.
      >kinda want an element now.

Maybe the Ridgeline will work for you. Unibody truck, car-like driving dynamics.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Fit is better.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What is the benefit of this Element thing over a minivan?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Better ground clearance, tight turning radius, higher ceiling and shorter overall length. It's actually shorter than most sedans. The tailgate is nice too.

• 3 weeks ago
        [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>Better ground clearance
        what about this thing hanging down exactly where you need clearance for a decent break over angle

https://i.imgur.com/XlyrvjO.jpeg

What's that?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>shorter overall length. It's actually shorter than most sedans
        >benefit

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Transmission doesn't get buckbroken by the engine. Also manual transmission option. Other than this it's a short k24 powered square minivan

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Honda Element (4450lb) is almost as heavy as the Odyssey from the same era (4500ish), except the Odyssey has 260hp and the Element has 166 hp.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Exactly. Underpowered wins again and autotrafic elements regularly go over 240k miles while odysseychuds shit out transmissions at 180k and cost a gorillion dollars to replace.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

kek, homosexual

>2007 Odyssey Autotragic, 244HP/240lb-ft, curb weight 4385-4683lbs
          >2006 Element (Autotragic, 2WD and AWD), 156HP/160lb-ft, curb weight 3381-3578lbs

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The Element is 4450lb GROSS weight, the Odyssey of the same era is 5,952lbs GROSS weight, 1500lbs of difference.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

kek, homosexual

>2007 Odyssey Autotragic, 244HP/240lb-ft, curb weight 4385-4683lbs
            >2006 Element (Autotragic, 2WD and AWD), 156HP/160lb-ft, curb weight 3381-3578lbs

Now pack both with an entire soccer team of 5 year olds and see if there's any difference.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You don't know what Gross Weight is do you? I'll help you out little buddy:
            If you take the heaviest Element and compare it to the lightest Odyssey, the Odyssey is 31% heavier. If you load them both with 1000lbs of shit, it's still 24% heavier than the Element. If you actually load them to capacity according do their ratings, the Odyssey is 34% heavier.

What's the point you're trying to make? That 1000-1500lbs isn't a big difference? That 24-34% heavier isn't very much? I feel like you don't have a point at all.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Poorgay spec oddys had k24a4s too

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I think this was just too ahead of its time. It would sell like hotcakes in 2024.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I don't think they marketed them as well as they could have either. All the adds should have been a few shots of driving off road then a whole bunch of someone opening all the doors, folding the seats back, piling a ton of bullshit in the back, hosing mud out of them. When they were making them they really weren't on my radar because I thought they were just a small Honda SUV with weird styling, I didn't realize they could do all the cool shit with the interior.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

There was like a 3 year window where carmakers thought the cube design would take over the city driving market. Now only the Kia Soul somehow still lives.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I just looked at the inventory of my local Honda dealer that I bought my car from years ago.
    >47 HRV's
    My god. Everything else is half that number in their inventory.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

HRV has the same ground clearance as my Mazda3. What even is the point?

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

because they're buttholes who hate me

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I can't imagine that anyone who owned one of these pieces of shit would say something like this. As someone whose parents owned one, I can tell you as a matter of fact that it is UGLY, SLOW, and GAY. The doors are fricking moronic and make no sense. My friends would always close them in the wrong order because they would forget that the back door needs to close before the front, and slam the doors into each other. They have a hideous cheap plastic interior. They have horrible gas mileage for an anemic hatchback. They don't actually have that much cargo space, despite being a cube they are still small. The AWD system is horrendous and the ride height is low.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Nononono that can't be! Not like that! You probably pay a mortage for a fullsize because you fell for the propaganda!

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You can get a Honda Fit for all I care. The Element is just a piece of shit.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This looks like it'd fail modern over regulation. It's also a dumb gimmick that's completely useless.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

We got this Cube garbage while the EU enjoyed the S-Max...

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

these are only used as taxis in the us. never seen a non livery version

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>these are only used as taxis in the us.
        Interesting.
        Were they actually the S-Max or the Edge?
        None of them got to enjoy the 6sp manual, per the wiki.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

idk, i keep seeing some weird ford with painted over smax logo on the rear.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Kek.
            Are they RHD??
            NYC Taxi companies enjoying illegally imported S-Max.
            They probably bought them cheap from the UK.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Kek.
            Are they RHD??
            NYC Taxi companies enjoying illegally imported S-Max.
            They probably bought them cheap from the UK.

Those are Ford C-Max, not S. The C-Max was sold in the US briefly as a hybrid only which is what those NYC cabs are. We never got the S, sadly.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

We got the S-Max, rebadged and in full Americanized spec with no hybrid option. Look upon it with disgust.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's not a joke, just to be clear. They are truly both the Ford CD539, they really are the "same" vehicle, not just the same CD4 platform.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I forgot.
      Let Dutchie tell ya how great these were.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because it sucked. Can we stop pretending that this piece of junk was good just because it was quirky?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Go to FB market place search for Elements, literally dozens running with 200K+ miles.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What were people thinking with these abominations?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I would still rather have one of these than an element

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I know that trailhead

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

the actual reason was, at the time, it couldnt pass new side impact crash tests without a B pillar.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The b pillar and its consequences have been devastating to modern automotive design

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I fricking love my 07 Element AWD. It's a manual so is actually fun to drive and feels more spritely and eager than it actually is. Average 22 to 23 mpg which isn't terrible. GF and I go camping in it and there's more than enough room for both of us to sleep and get frisky with the seats up. However anyone over 6 ft tall will feel cramped lying down in the back.
    Yea it has its quirks, I wish it was half a foot longer and a bit more robust in offroad abilities , although I've done some gnarly logging backroads just fine. So yea it's not perfect, but there's nothing else like it as far as I know. I'd be perfectly content if it was the only vehicle I had until the end of my days.

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My only actual complaint about the Element, which is a fabulous vehicle, is the shit-tier AWD. It is Hondas worst AWD setup, I'm sure they've used it in other shit too. It's AWD that's completely useless off-road. "Real-time" AWD, you never actually get any power to the rear under normal conditions. It's part of the traction control system, if you're losing traction in the front it will push a little power to the rear, it's perfect for highway driving in the rain, but all you get off-roading is heat in the rear diff.

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

because they hate money

23. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

because its too gay

24. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

SHIIIIIEEEEEET NIGGGUH THAT MUHFUGGAH GOT SUICIDE DOES NIGGUH

25. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

There's a couple of Elements with 200K miles on them. How much longer will they last at that point? Automatic if that matters.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

To 350K

26. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I knew a guy who had one. He sucked my dick and tried to frick my butt, because he was gay.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You sound pretty gay yourself.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

woah woah lets not jump to conclusions now

27. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Lackluster fuel economy. Unfortunately the plastic cladding which ages like total shit has persisted. I really hate it.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I average about 23 mpg on mine (manual). Is that so bad? Admittedly I drive mostly on the highway

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That's what a modern half ton truck gets. That's why these lesbian toasters will never be made again.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous
      • 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I daily a 30 year old station wagon with a 2.8L I6 and a 62mm turbo and I get that kind of highway mileage. Should your 4 cylinder crossover should get better fuel economy? Not really a fair comparison I guess, a new honda pilot has a better epa combined rating than 23mpg though and it's much bigger than an Element plus it has a 3.5 V6.

28. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Prius or Honda fit is literally all you need.
    A trugg is justified only if you do manual labor and you're not obese.

29. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The Honda Element, like the Pontiac Aztek, was simply too based for its time

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *