Will full size wagons ever make a comeback?

Will full size wagons ever make a comeback?

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Inshallah no

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>sandBlack person has a shit take

• 3 weeks ago
      READ ME

alhamdulilah

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Will full size wagons ever make a comeback?
    They did. They're full size SUVs now. If you're looking for car-based BOF wagon, you're out of luck since that's a fossil relic.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>half of the cargo space
      >shit driving experience
      >extremely dangerous to pedestrians and in accidents
      >can unironically roll over if you're turning and the wind catches you just right
      full size SUVs are in no way the "comeback" for wagons

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>half of the cargo space
        Go look at the Suburban moron
        >shit driving experience
        Better than 30 yo shitboxes
        >extremely dangerous to pedestrians and in accidents
        Can't care less
        >can unironically roll over if you're turning and the wind catches you just right
        Skill issue

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>suburban
          >so large it isn't even compatible with 90% of parking lots
          >gas mileage so bad that you'll have a second payment to go with the mortgage you're paying for the car
          >extremely unwieldy and heavy so you have to slow all the way down to a crawl to turn
          >b-b-b-b-b-but muh national lampoon's vacation car!
          that's not what anyone here actually means and you know it

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I let that pass if you prove that you're posting from Western Europe and have never one in person
            In any other case including Central or Eastern Europe where there's a substantial amount of these trucks and they do fit in the parking spaces you're a fricking busriding moron. If you're from the NA, you're double moron and not white.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Everything SUV is the old wagon

An Edge is just a Fusion wagon
        The original Explorer was a Ranger wagon.
        They called the Freestyle/Taurus X a "crossover" but it was absolutely a Five Hundred / Taurus wagon.

Wagons are everywhere. It's the sedan that's dead.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I don't think you actually know what a wagon is

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I fricked my prom date in the back of an '87 Safari. I know what a wagon is kiddo.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Probably not, sadly.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's fricking joever

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

unibody SUV/whatevers are just lifted wagons

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

"Subcompact SUVs" (GLA, X1, etc.) are just lifted hatchbacks, so yes.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Take the lowered Subaru Outback pill

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Full size moron

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yeah they're called minivans. All the seats today fold into the floor and have more cargo area than an escalade. Fold all the seats up and you have 3 rows of seating. They all come with powered doors you can open and close all of them with the keyfob to get the kids in, let the dogs out, or whatever the frick you want.

Go ahead and tell me why you love wagons but detest minivans. Yeah, I hate when theres a better product being sold but its not just like the wagons from the 80s (bad).

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Go be moronic is some other thread gay

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>they hated him because he spoke the truth

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Minivans feel and drive like vans, wagons like sedans.

not him but the new outback is fricking huge

Doesn't seat 7

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I had three wagons and they fricking do not drive like sedans.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Don't compare them to lesser sedans. Compare them to the same platform sedans. I've driven both Volvo S70 and V70, they drove the same. Same with 407 and 407 SW. Same with E90 and E91.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Those old wagons drive like shit tho

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>troonyverse
          >wrong wheel drive
          >not full size

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>transverse engine, front wheel drive
            Yeah, and? The frick are you going to do with a rear wheel drive wagon that a minivan could not do better? Spin out in the winter? Spin out on the boat ramp? Lose interior space to a drive shaft?
            >mini, not full size
            Yeah, even the 'small' version of vans has more passenger and cargo area over a wagon. You're getting a little deeper in the water, don't drown yourself for not realizing you just like the idea of a wagon and its not better than anything on the road.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You're coming at this from a different perspective. I'm not interested in a wagon to be purely practical or yes, I would be looking at a minivan. Manhandling a giant barge of a wagon, doing dumb shit with it it was never meant to is fricking fun and that matters to me more because I don't need the capability of a minivan often, the one time every couple years I might I can just rent a uhaul van instead of owning and living with a vehicle I don't want or need. A RWD one is just better at the things I want to do with it.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, well, I want hot hatches, but not gay little soap bars.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Go shill your shitmobiles somewhere else gay.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

not him but the new outback is fricking huge

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Please read the post above yours

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Please read the post above mine

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

please read the post below mine

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>ugly
      >slow
      >not as spacious as it should be
      >subaru reliability and ease of repair
      You'd be better off buying a 25 year old BMW 5 series wagon t b h

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>subaru reliability and ease of repair

My 2011 Outback with the 6 cylinder has been reliable and repairs haven't been particularly expensive. The 2.5 4 cylinder had head gasket issues that Subaru really should have fixed by the second or third year between 2000 and 2012 and they earned themselves a reputation for poor reliability. Subaru has no one to blame for that reputation but themselves; but honestly if you avoid that engine in that year range they're pretty solid.

I don't really think they're ugly just boring. The NA 4 cylinders are slow; but get you decent mileage with AWD at an affordable price. The 6 cylinders and the 4 cylinder turbos have some pep.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>not as spacious as it should be

Huh? I test drove an outback and it was MASSIVE on the inside. Felt like a huge interior to me. 6' 205lbs.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>t. never rode in one
        I've had mine for going on 7 years, it has a shitload of space, never had any problems, and is really easy to work on

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>lowered
      They're supposed to be lifted, dumdum

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>They're supposed to be lifted
        Doesn't that make the handling even worse?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

lowering a forester is the true chad move

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>the lowered Subaru Outback
      That just looks like a regular Outback

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

yes, a new golden era of full size wagons is on the horizon, Allah be praised, Peace Be Upon Him.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

1996 camry wagon with a V6 was awesome

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

May allah forgive me for proposing an idea of a FWD, V6, unibody wagon.
    Picture a continuation of the late 70's, body on frame wagon's that lasted until about 90-94. But they decided to keep the wheelbase and boxy design to maximize cargo volume, but modernized to the 80's/90's design languageand switched to a unibody, FWD layout with a 3800 (perhaps even with the GXP blower) to get rid of the transmission tunnel, flatten the floors and give it even more internal volume. Probably would be nearing GMT800 suburban internal volume in a passenger car.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What you're describing is a V6 minivan

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Salaam are station wagons halal asking for a friend

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Only if the rear glass is at a 70* angle or greater to ensure maximum cargo capacity brother.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I hope so. Wagons make good solo road trip vehicles since you can sleep in them and still be in the cabin if anything happens (unlike in the bed of a truck with a camper shell). Take showers at a Flying J or Planet Fitness and only get a motel room every once in a while and you can save a shitload of money.

As a side bonus they're (generally) easier on gas when compared to vans or SUVs. Downsides are that they're a b***h to park and don't have the increased driver height that you can get in a lot of vans and SUVs.

If anything they could replace some of the legions of soccer mom crossovers.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

what's bad about parking a wagon

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

He can't so everyone thinks it's his mom instead

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

There's no way you could possibly market a wagon in a post-unibody SUV world
    The only selling points they ever used to have were that SUVs of the time had bad ride quality and poor fuel economy because they were truck based. But now SUVs are all car based and ride just as good as a car and get 95% of the MPGs of an equivalent sedan, while still having all of the same advantages of an SUV. Imagine telling someone that they could trade their SUV in for something that was lower to the ground and had a shorter cargo space but also was harder to get in and out of. I mean truly genius level marketing tactic.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>mfw the morons realize that SUVs actually have worse cargo space and that a high seating position actually worsens visibility and makes their car more dangerous for both themselves and everyone else
      automakers really did a number on the public with their SUV propaganda

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>SUVs actually have worse cargo space and that a high seating position actually worsens visibility
        Care to explain to the class how either of these statements could ever possibly be true?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Sitting closer to the roof means the roof now blocks some of your FoV

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you also have to look down to see around you rather than have everything around you already be in the FOV

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What do you expect to see up there, shitting birds? Low-flying airplanes? Cars drive on roads, and that's down below

you also have to look down to see around you rather than have everything around you already be in the FOV

Yeah, everything same height or higher than you effectively blocks your view in its direction
            The lower you sit the more such things you encounter

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I can't understand why DAtists think wagons are cool when they're a grandma car, and crossovers are somehow lame? Everyone has upgraded and loves crossovers but you just seem to hate them out of contrarian spite. Why the frick would you want to drive a hearse looking thing? Just get a minivan lmao.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Because most crossovers are hatchbacks, and hatchbacks are gay (i.e. impractical, they have cons from both sedans and wagons and very little pros and so on)
      Also DA isn't one person and most haters here are busriders. Ask anyone shilling for a particular type or model and you'll find out he never owned one in 95% cases

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>hatchbacks are impractical
        I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. Hatchbacks are impractical? SUVS have worse cargo space? The entire point of these vehicles, the reason they're made the way they're made, is because they have BETTER cargo space and are therefore more practical. It's the reason the design was ever even made.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Hatchbacks are impractical?
          Kind of. If you compare them with sedans, it's easier to put stuff in the trunk of a hatchback, but that's it. The rear window of the sedan is usually cleaner because aero (there's no pocket of low pressure air dragged behind it), you don't need to cool/heat the luggage space, you don't get smells and noises from there in a sedan too. All these problems are shared by the hatchback and the wagon, but the wagon has the benefit of being able to fit taller stuff in the trunk because the rear window is vertical and won't interfere.
          >SUVS have worse cargo space?
          Another poster, not me.
          >The entire point of these vehicles, the reason they're made the way they're made, is because they have BETTER cargo space and are therefore more practical.
          The hatchback is a moronic compromise for homosexuals, and you can't convince me otherwise. I mean, the shooting brake exists, and it's better at anything practical than the comparable 3dr hatchback because it has more cargo volume while having the same footprint.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>The rear window of the sedan is usually cleaner because aero (there's no pocket of low pressure air dragged behind it), you don't need to cool/heat the luggage space, you don't get smells and noises from there
            None of this fits under the umbrella of "impracticality"

Sitting closer to the roof means the roof now blocks some of your FoV

>Sitting closer to the roof
            You don't sit closer to the roof, moron. The roof, shockingly, gets taller as the car gets taller. They don't raise the seating position and then just put a hump in the roof for the driver's head like its a GT40

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>None of this fits under the umbrella of "impracticality"
            How so?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>You don't sit closer to the roof, moron. The roof, shockingly, gets taller as the car gets taller. They don't raise the seating position and then just put a hump in the roof for the driver's head like its a GT40
            Actually they do, just look at E46 vs the SUVesque G60.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>E46
            Meant to say E39

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Shooting brakes are usually sportier hatchbacks with longer hoods like the BMW clownshoe, wtf are you talking about?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The hood is not a defining feature for the shooting brake, what the frick are you talking about?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Pic related. It's the hood and the rear axle being moved a bit forward on the brake.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, and the brake is blue, so all shooting brakes must be blue. Same logic.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Btwdesu, here's your long-hooded blue car from the same manufacturer. They decided to call it a hatchback.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's just how they market it.
            The only car I know of that's currently marketed as a shooting brake is the CLA Shooting Brake, which is actually a wagon.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>That's just how they market it.
            Glad you understand it. Now back to my point: I used the shooting brake as an example of a small two-door car to point that the rear "wagon-like" almost vertical window is more practical than sloped "hatchback-like" because almost vertical window is the defining feature for the wagon and the shooting brake, but most wagons have four doors and shooting brakes usually have two, while hatchbacks come in both varieties.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Hearses are badass, homosexual.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Hearses are badass
        They're not. They're vehicles to transport caskets with dead people.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

With dead bodies
          And that's badass

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

that sounds metal af

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I find it so bizarre that DA defends SUVs and trucks so intensely now. The users on this website loyally defend things that directly conflict with their needs and desires now. I can't decide if they're all paid shills or bots. The dead internet theory is very real.

Make up your mind moron.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I find it so bizarre that DA defends SUVs and trucks so intensely now. The users on this website loyally defend things that directly conflict with their needs and desires now. I can't decide if they're all paid shills or bots. The dead internet theory is very real.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They will if you learn how to wrench.

On the topic, should I keep my 300td’s original engine and spade it, or swap it out for a newer om606?

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

any reason I shouldn't get one of these they are going for 30k with 30k miles

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

F

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Would!

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No no no, the stuff on the side of the car is (fake) wood!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *