Will I regret trading in a wrx for this?

Will I regret trading in a wrx for this?

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

A WRX and a BRZ are very different despite being based on similar platforms.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

I know, I'm interested because it would be my first experience with a rwd light 2 door, but on the other hand I feel like I'm getting a slower car. Idk how I'll enjoy the handling. I enjoy the grip of awd but I also love a good hoon

Max, is this you?

No

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

One of my friends is literally thinking of trading his '21 WRX for a new BRZ. FWIW, I think the WRX is a better option, especially if you already own it.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

pre 2007 WRX yes, post no

2014. Gas prices too high and I can get some stupid money for it right now.

You could always just buy a 2 door Accord if you want a similar experience with more power

wtf are you talking about my guy

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

That's fair.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Do it. If you're mostly commuting get the Auto. I've driven both and it's fine plus you get auto cruise & eyesight.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Commuting with manual is not nearly as bad as you homosexuals make it out to be, even stop and go traffic is not difficult or annoying, esp with cars with clutch pedals as light as they are in most post 2010 cars, wrx and 86 included

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

daily driving mine has made me dislike it more than it being slow ever could

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

pussy

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

you sound like a homosexual who didnt even really like driving in the first place

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>esp with cars with clutch pedals as light as they are in most post 2010 cars
            This was the big difference for me, I drove my manual for years and got an auto later (i have both now) because the clutch killed my spine, I had to get surgery. Turns out the clutch was unusually heavy and tight so shifting was hard as frick, when I tried my friends' cars I by instinct slammed my foot down with enough force to kill an elephant and was surprised how the clutch had literally no weight to it.

The manual in question was a E46 328i

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Sorry dude u bought a stage 2 clutch kit car. Those suck.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Yeah it had some unknown mods but it was cheap, I didn't know much about cars then. Was probably that. But correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't a higher "stage" clutch mean lighter/faster operation?

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

It means the pressure plate is stronger and grips the flywheel harder for higher horsepower applications. I had a stage 2 clutch kit in a corvette and it permanently changed my left foot. It developed callous in a certain area and even years later that area callouses faster than the rest of my foot. When I got another c5 corvette I was delighted at how easy it is to press the clutch all day long in nyc traffic and I never got tired of it.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

they're stiffer like that because theyre reinforced and rated for higher torque capacity

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

My mate did the same thing. Bought an Evo with a heavy as frick clutch. I tried it once and I couldn't fricking believe just how heavy it was. He drove it 7 days a week on long trips and in heavy traffic and it caused him heaps of pain especially in his knee. Now he sold it drives an auto despite that being his dream car. Heavy clutches just aren't the way. If you have a light clutch traffic driving really isn't an issue.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>Now he sold it drives an auto despite that being his dream car
            Couldn't he just get a lighter clutch spring?

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

He did get it sorted later on but the pain it caused his knee didn't seem like it was going away any time soon and understandably it just put him totally off it.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Man I told you I needed surgery due to that clutch, it's fricking hell. It injured that big nerve that goes from your spine down to your legs.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Nah it's gotta be the manual

Yall homies know thats not a fricking BRZ right? I could see the toyota logo from the thumbnail. OP you are a fricking moron for moving from a WRX to a gr86

Black person it's the same car. Also I don't care about how fast the rex is when you can only legally use 1/3 that speed. With the 86 it's not as fast but it's easy to drift and dailying it will make you a better driver

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

BRZ has better suspension geometry for grip and aluminum knuckles

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>aluminum knuckles

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>Not caring about unsprung weight

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

As if you would even notice it. Also you can always just swap it in from a brz if you had an 86

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

According to the drift king himself:
            >GR86 if you want to go to the track and have fun
            >BRZ if you want to go for a sunday drive
            (or something like that)

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

BRZ has one of the worst autos on the market, tall gears and long shifts
            Also I don't get the
            >muh manual bad for commuting
            thing. Even in the worst start-stop traffic, manual is easy to handle. Are you people this fricking lazy?

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

It seems alright if you go full orido and put 5.1 gears in it

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Manual is perfectly fricking fine for commuting, you BECOME the auto.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Get the frick out of here. There is no reason to buy an auto 86. If you're that cucked at least buy a v8 muscle car to compensate.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Beyond what everyone else has said about commuting in a manual being fine (which is true) the resale value on this is going to be much higher with a manual than with an auto, so unless you plan on driving off a cliff there's no argument for an automatic to be made.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Go and stay go

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>2014
            Yeah get the BRZ. Though if the WRX is a hatch I’d consider keeping but unless you need the room the BRZ is going to be a good upgrade.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

The new BRZ is only slower than a stock WRX in a 0-60 due to AWD. Their power to weight ratios are closer than you think and the BRZ has shorter gears and better handling

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

>my first experience with a rwd light 2 door
        Do it. You can always go back. No regrets, dude. Only full send.

2. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

You could always just buy a 2 door Accord if you want a similar experience with more power

3. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>Trading one gay car for another gay car
    Is this that law of equivalent exchange them whippersnappers talk about

4. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

pre 2007 WRX yes, post no

5. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

depends on what you're looking for

6. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Yall homies know thats not a fricking BRZ right? I could see the toyota logo from the thumbnail. OP you are a fricking moron for moving from a WRX to a gr86

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>he doesnt know

buddy....

7. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

aside from the obvious assumptions (86 is sportier but slower), as someone who traded the other direction, the wrx is way more practical as a daily than the 86.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

if only the auto was a DSG 🙁

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

why not get an evo mr or ralliart if you're into that
        >inb4 mitsubishi
        the transmission is from getrag and it has the privilege of being inside a mitsubishi god machine(tm)

8. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I vote 86 if there's nothing impractical about doing it. Might as well try something different to see how you like it. It's a hoot to chuck around everywhere and on paper it looks like the new engine should fix a lot of the opportunity for disappointment except for people who simply prioritize throttle stomping.

9. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>Will I regret trading in a wrx for this?
    If you have to deal with snow regularly, yeah. If you want superior reliability, no.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Depends. It's super fun in the snow, but maybe it wouldn't be my first choice for driving through a blizzard if I couldn't just stay home and make the trip a day or two later.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Both by trucks are rear wheel, and my motorcycles are obviously rear wheel. Getting caught in snow sucks I've had plenty of times where you can't chain up and you have to keep going. It sucks. That said, the diff on my Toyota is way better than that on my Dodge dually, so you'll probably get lucky in that regard if you get the Toyota. My Xrunner just doesn't get stuck. I've taken it in sand and snow on street tires without airing down and it's always ok. But that truck has really wide tires as well.

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Yeah the torsen claws away at it if you're not dumb, and it's super controlable when countersteer comes in. I'm not used to relying on ABS but it works really well.

Wouldn't think to use it where a trugg or even an impreza is the tool of choice, but it's a champ at trying.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>Yeah the torsen claws away at it if you're not dumb, and it's super controlable when countersteer comes in. I'm not used to relying on ABS but it works really well.
            The Xrunner is pretty controllable when you counter steer and lose traction, under most circumstances. But the ass end is really light and if you don't keep that in mind you can make some mistakes. I did that once going uphill and I ended up slapping the bed against a guard rail, back in 06. The abs on the Xrunner is fricking terrible. I pulled the fuse for that thing ages ago.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Oh yah. For winter duty in a toyobaru don't overlook putting the weight of an adult in the back seat. Makes a world of difference keeping it planted.

10. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

they're both slow shitboxes so no real change

11. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I’m trading money instead. This Monday.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Holy shit guys I’m actually buying it in like 2 hours, holy frick hold me br/o/s

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

report back with pics and details. gl anon

• 2 years ago
          Anonymous

Just fricking bought it dude!!! Premium for 37k, marked up like a motherfricker but they threw in an extra year of warranty. They will be giving it to me in a week.
          Red manual btw! I can’t even think straight im so happy!!!! Thanks bros!

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous
          • 2 years ago
            Anonymous

good work anon

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

[...]
            [...]
            based, you own my dream car now

Thanks guys!!!! I hope you can also get one, good luck!

[...]
            Nice, you plan on adding mods? What do you think of the piped in sound and the turn signals? Those were the only two negatives of the car for me

Hell yeah! Im thinking new exhaust, maybe spacers and coilovers, got to study my options.

[...]
            Nice, you plan on adding mods? What do you think of the piped in sound and the turn signals? Those were the only two negatives of the car for me

To be completely honest I haven’t driven it yet, they let me turn it on but there was a lot of echo and I couldn’t focus because I was so excited.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I'm jelly af

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Welcome 86bro

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Thank you all!!! Im glad to be part of the experience, can’t wait for them to hand me the keys

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Where are you at anon? Those clear side markers are orange in the US. I didn't think any RHD ones had them

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Tenerife in Spain, this is literally the first or second sold in my country

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

That's crazy man. Congrats

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

This is the other one, also premium white!

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

That's interesting, does the premium not have the ducktail in Spain? I saw the JDM premium models did not have the ducktail as well, however they did have the alcantara and red interior finish special to the Japanese market

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Nope this is the premium version that sone European countries got. Its all oremium but it doesnt get the spoiler, you can buy it as an extra that would be imported from Belgium.
            Let me tell you how fricking cucked Europe is. In Europe, we are forced to pay a crazy amount of money in taxes because of the car emmissions (200 grams or over). I believe the gr lands exactly at 200. So that made it stupid expensive in some countries like in France. Since Spain was one of the last countries here in Europe, they completely removed the premium veersion from here, instead allowing us to buy a base (Rz) version for 32000€ and then we could buy some extra goodies that would be processed as aftermarket. So basically Spain didn’t get the premium.
            The Canary Islands, however, has a direct Japanese importer so we get exclusive shit here that isn’t in the mainland (like the standard non hybrid Yaris). Literally some Japanese dudes in Gunma were like, frick it, give the banana people some German premiums.
            So supposedly there’s 4 over here and they will be the only premiums in Spain.
            TL;DR: no spoiler in Europe I think

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

gratz anon it looks very nice in red
            does the island have good roads to drive on?

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Thanks man!
            Oh yeah dude this is mountain pass central, we have Teide which is one of the highest peaks in Europe, theres lots of backroads around it, I will be filming some stuff in a month or two!

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

good shit anon
            I hope you enjoy it

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I would legit love to do a meetup over here with some DA frens

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I really hope Australia gets the jap spec interior. RHD gives us a fighting chance but who knows

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

>Spain
            now I understand why you're wearing white pants lol

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I literally only have white or brown ones, I don’t even like those colors

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

I just imagine guys from Spain dress like this all the time

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Congrats mate. The markup is what it is but the hunt is over now and you got the car in the best spec. I'm jealous.

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

did you really pay a 5k premium for this?
            you guys are the reason dealers keep doing this shit
            was considering getting one, but no dealer was willing to work with me

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Just get on a waiting list, it sucks but I think it will be worth it man

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

decided to test drive a nd2 while i was looking for a place to grab a GR86
            ended up liking it a lot and just buying that instead
            i'd say it worked out in the end, frick these greedy ass dealers though
            even finding nd2 that wasn't marked up was a challenge

• 2 years ago
            Anonymous

Awesome car too man, these 2 and the s2000 are my fave cars

12. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I don't think I've ever heard a WRX owner say they prefer the WRX over BRZ after driving one. I'd do it boss.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

I bought one off a guy who decided he just liked the STI go pedal more. That was before the car market went into the shitter, but it's not uncommon to prefer power over all the little bits that go in to making it fun to drive a slow car fast. How would he know unless he tried?

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

The GR86 is faster with a wider powerband, so the power difference would be far less noticeable.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

I prefer my GD WRX to every BRZ I've ever driven so there's one.

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Frick that's my bad I should've only clarified newer WRX.

13. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

You bought a wrx so who knows what you'll regret. I would have regretted buying a wrx.

14. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Reeeee I'm still waiting for mine. My allocation inbound next month. Can't wait lads

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Nice! Keep us updated!

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>there is a city named Hackeysack

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

You have a VIN already so that's good. Lots of people are waiting with zero info

15. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

OP here okay that's it, I'm gonna do it. I've only ever driven used cars all my life this will be my first new car. It'll be nice having that clean emotional bond from the start. No baggage. I'm doing it

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Same anon, I think I have to wait till 2023

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

Yeah no doubt, I hope to get it by spring of next year. It's going to be a long wait until then. I guess I should start calling dealerships now

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Same anon, I think I have to wait till 2023

We will all get there, anons! We are gonna make it!

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

It was my first new car too. It's nerve wracking trying to keep it pristine. Just fyi the steering wheel is extremely fragile. Like it scratched on the keys that were in my pocket.

16. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

depends on if you see snow. the real benefit of the WRX is the ability to throw some snow tires on in the winter and you can have fun year round.

17. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>2022
    >still slower than a minivan

18. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>crosstrek engine

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>crossdress engine
      owO

19. 2 years ago