https://i.imgur.com/iSKYQYP.jpeg

Nothing gets better.

S1000RR is KING

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

frick off r6

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Chomosexual OP spotted! America doesn't get raped like eurogays, next.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You are a fricking moron.
      R6 was killed in Europe and they scrapped it globally. We can only assume the same thing will happen to the R1.

frick off r6

?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

have a nice day, you can't ride for shit all that parking lot bullshit you do is moronic

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You are schizophrenic, please admit yourself to the nearest mental hospital.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

KEK, the R6 got scrapped because no one bought it moron.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I think yamaha are investing more into the side by side market. Boomers and neo boomers love dropping (financing) $40k on can am or polaris. See more of those things than motorcycles these days.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

not gonna happen

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Already discontinued in Europe though.

KEK, the R6 got scrapped because no one bought it moron.

It was the R6 not passing emissions that really killed it, if not they would just do what they do now which is make the same bike over and over again each year irrespective of sales.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Weak as frick
    >Expensive as frick
    >Dealers upcharging cuz "hurr moto gp dude"
    >No inline 4
    >Sounds like shit
    >Not significantly better than bikes 15 years older

"Hurrr why isn't this going well"

Sorry but why should i spend over 20k for something that is just as fun and just as fast (if not faster) as a used bike that i can get for 8k?

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Bikes are for dykes

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>In europe
      lol who cares about eurocucks

cope

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

a lot happened in the world of motorcycles between 2009-2018. Like an indescribable amount of shit happened in the motorcycle world in that time period, so much that i could write 3 books about it.
    basically all bikes starting having ABS and traction control. Suzuki finally upgraded to fuel injection. MotoGP fricking exploded in popularity. Motovlogging kicked off on youtube. But what also happened........
    >lots and lots..like i mean 10's of thousands of people lost there lives. Might even got into the hundreds of thousands in north america alone.
    >guaranteed multiple deaths every single weekend
    And the people who werent dying were getting permanently disabled.
    And the people who werent getting permanently disabled were losing their lives to felonies because of meetups and shit. running from cops. Lots of people thought they were cool/invincible during that time period. Lots of people fricked around and found out.

Post 2018, all the remaining survivors realized, that "biker life" shit is all bullshit. Lots of people grew way the frick away from that life. Started getting into smaller engine sizes. People started to learn just how much fun motorcycling can truly be when you arent in 15 different pieces all over the highway.
    People really arent buying these fricking things anymore. If they dont get stolen they kill you, if they dont kill you they send you to prison. People just dont give a shit about spending 30 grand on a sportbike. Especially since the yamaha r1 used to cost 15 grand. then they get popular and suddenly yamaha wants to sell them for 25 grand.

Just wait until the implosion of adventure bikes happens. Its already begining. People are no longer buying into the "your a fricking little feminine b***h girl unless you spend 50 grand on the 1500cc model that weighs 1200lbs" marketing scheme. A lot of people are ruining their lives off road with severe injuries that will haunt them the rest of their lives

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I feel like you are ignoring a renewed urbanism. But it is interesting. I started riding at 26 truly (didn't become a hasbike till then), and 6 years later my riding and strategy stays the same. I have improved my safety gear a ton since then. I always strived for safety tho and missed this reckless period or was in at the tail end on a rebel 500 lmao. I did get into a 100mph police chase, but that was the police officer's fault and I got it dismissed lol.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

no the renewed urbanism comes in the form of supermotos,nakeds, and the electric bike market

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Damn you is plugged in lol. I decked my rebel out till I realize I wanted an adv bike. No ragrets

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Lots of manufactureers like BMW/triumph/ducati are making off road bikes with cheap parts but selling them at ultra premium numbers and parts are breaking at very high rates for even average customers. Leaving people stranded out in the middle of nowhere. It hasnt become mainstream yet. But it is on its way. People arent buying offraod bikes with more than 850cc's anymore. The 900cc bikes are hanging on for dear life. The T700 has almost completely robbed the yamaha r1 market. The yamaha mt07 has robbed the r6 and r7 market. Nobody gives a frick about that hotboi speedy boi shit anymore. Bikes have become so utterly fricking fast no human on earth can truly ride them unless you have access to the nurburgring (i cant spell it frick off)

Most people who buy any kind of sporty bike these days simply want a fun little light weight bike that can do wheelies for days, and donuts.

Also people are seeing where the tech abuse is coming into play. People are now starting to wonder if when they buy a bike are they really getting what they pay for? Or are they going to have to shit out thousands more for the DLC and expansion packs? Companies like HArley and Indian are designing enticing models, but bottlenecking the everloving frick out of them and doing everything they can to upsale you into the more expensive versions. Doing sneaky sales tactics to the point im surprised they dont sell their entry level options painted pink. And we all know about KTM selling bikes with software that you have to pay for later on, software that has already been sold to you with the bike.

The adv bike market has its problems, but it no doubt reigns surpreme these days. Nobody wants a sportbike anymore. The reality is, they are fricking boring, too expensive and too much risk.
      The market is going in the direction of fun cruisers/adv bikes/small engine nakeds

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>The yamaha mt07 has robbed the r6 and r7 market. Nobody gives a frick about that hotboi speedy boi shit anymore. Bikes have become so utterly fricking fast no human on earth can truly ride them unless you have access to the nurburgring
        I don't think this is really true. I think people just aren't as picky with bikes anymore, and brand loyalty as cars. Dudes into mustangs almost never buy camaros or challengers and vise versa. But a dude lookin into an r1 is probably gonna cross shop a cbr, gsxr, and ninja 1000. Also buying a bike new just isn't super appealing anymore since tech on bikes hasn't changed much since the introduction of abs/wheelie and traction aids. Its like buying a quads. They haven't changed the hp figure, they haven't redesigned the chassis, they haven't improved the engine, they've only messed with the plastics, and a 3 year old one costs 25% less and has the same features with barely any miles. Price is ultimately what kills vehicles. Why buy a $25k r1 if I can buy a $25k hayabusa? Why buy a 600 for $10k when I can buy a 750 for the same? Motorcyclists just don't fall for gimmicks, nor are there many gimmicks to pull off on bikes (except for harley guys)

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

this is definitely one of the many factors. Suzuki upgraded to fuel injection but still has the same exact motor from the 90's

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

everyone is wrong here. except for maybe se asia, a motorcycle isnt necessary, and se asia rides scooters. they are selling fun toys. the economy of the world is super fricked, so people arent selling toys. also, emissions are clamping down hard on motorcycles, specifically high revving 4 cylinders. and society is increasingly risk averse and safety obsessed. a lot of kids are scared to ride these days. but the main equation is: dont have or unwilling to spend extra money on toys

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Not a lot really happened, you just grew old. A boomer in the 70s would say the same things you're saying.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

just because you didnt live your life doesnt mean nothing happened during that crucial time peroid.

oh but you called me a boomer so now everything i say is invalid and everything you say is validated. congratulations you have created controversy. what a fricking moron

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

moron
          t. NTA

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No, he's just an exaggerating troll being stupid. Boomers in the 1970s weren't terrified of risk, WE were taking them and living to tell the tale. Back then needing to wrench a bit filtered most idiots and that was beautiful. OP is an exaggerating lying homosexual.
        "Hundreds of thousands"? Noke on chiggerdicks

wouldnt it be logical that buying a used bike is a bad idea? the previous owners are most likely young dudes who abused the shit out of their bike. always rev to red line. Never wait till the bike is warmed up. never change oil or do maintenence on time. most likely crashed the bike a few times. i mean youre not buying a shitbox from some 70 year old lady who uses it twice a month to go shopping here.

Everything mechanical is testable and measurable but if you're a wrenchlet then buy everything new, have it serviced by the dealer forever and spend accordingly.

t.multibrand mechanic

You're right up until you started talking about engine sizes and adventure bikes. You can still build an amazing flagship bike with 250, 400, 500, 650cc if you wanted to and that would be fine. The issue is that they're retiring these old models and replacing them with dogshit at a higher price point. Also adventure bikes are just in vogue with the boomers now. As soon as fashion moves on, you'll be seeing Africa twins and shit selling for the dogshit sports touring prices we have today

> The issue is that they're retiring these old models and replacing them with dogshit at a higher price point.

Not an issue if you buy used and keep for life neither of which is difficult. I don't get the fascination with "new" machines because the second the MSO is turned in for a title that bike is used.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Everything mechanical is testable and measurable but if you're a wrenchlet then buy everything new, have it serviced by the dealer forever and spend accordingly.
          i see. So you can measure how used up an engine is? What test do i ask for to measure this? sorry i am absolutely clueless.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Compression test goes a very long way.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

to buy used, someone has to buy new.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This plus 1950s refrigerator crisis levels of reliability. As another anon said, why buy a new one when a 10 year old one is nearly as fast and still has a long life ahead of it? I buy all my bikes used. If it is sunset globally, I hope they turn the MT-10 back into the FZ-1 with a half fairing and a return to a bigger tank.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Between 2009-2018
      >Suzuki finally upgraded to fuel injection
      Why are you completely full of shit? The GSXR went to EFI in the late 90s

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You're right up until you started talking about engine sizes and adventure bikes. You can still build an amazing flagship bike with 250, 400, 500, 650cc if you wanted to and that would be fine. The issue is that they're retiring these old models and replacing them with dogshit at a higher price point. Also adventure bikes are just in vogue with the boomers now. As soon as fashion moves on, you'll be seeing Africa twins and shit selling for the dogshit sports touring prices we have today

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

JBU(just buy used)

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You will own the R9 and you will be happy

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I cross shopped the R1 against a bunch of bikes. My main issue was its price vs performance/exclusivity. Worse electronics, lower power, little to no updates in the last 10 years, when compared to a RSV4 (R1 2k more expensive) or Streetfighter V4 (only 2k cheaper). It was too expensive for what it is. That goes for the Ninja, GSXR and a lesser extent the CBR. The CBR msrp is quite a bit cheaper and the Gixxer is the same bike as an '11. Zero reason to buy a new Gixxer.

Ended up getting a RSV4 base. Rebates and mil discount + it has been my halo bike since I was a teenager.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>welcome to 270 parallel twin "sportbike" hell

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

fortnine recently made a video explaining this

tldw: its for emissions. rip i4s

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

yeah i know. i even said it here

everyone is wrong here. except for maybe se asia, a motorcycle isnt necessary, and se asia rides scooters. they are selling fun toys. the economy of the world is super fricked, so people arent selling toys. also, emissions are clamping down hard on motorcycles, specifically high revving 4 cylinders. and society is increasingly risk averse and safety obsessed. a lot of kids are scared to ride these days. but the main equation is: dont have or unwilling to spend extra money on toys

i doesnt make it any less gay. and stop watching f9 its for homosexuals

ZX4RR has killed the litrebike market.
        People realise they can larp as a motogp rider with a high revving inline 4 without getting thrown in prison for shifting out of 1st gear.

Aka zoomers are pussies.

why do all you homosexuals have a problem with the based and honorabru tradition of small displacement 4 cylinder jap sportbikes? literally never even seen the zx4rr in the wild. frick you all are dim

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>and stop watching f9 its for homosexuals
          stfu he makes some of the best content i've ever seen.
          i LOVE his videos where he explaines engineering subjects about the pros and cons of various engines and stuff
          if you wanna recommend something even better, by all means, im all ears. eyes. whatever.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

ur a pathetic grub of a human being

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

ZX4RR has killed the litrebike market.
    People realise they can larp as a motogp rider with a high revving inline 4 without getting thrown in prison for shifting out of 1st gear.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Aka zoomers are pussies.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

wouldnt it be logical that buying a used bike is a bad idea? the previous owners are most likely young dudes who abused the shit out of their bike. always rev to red line. Never wait till the bike is warmed up. never change oil or do maintenence on time. most likely crashed the bike a few times. i mean youre not buying a shitbox from some 70 year old lady who uses it twice a month to go shopping here.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

R1 is out of date now, simple as. Yamaha will probably come back in a few years with an overhauled model. Same thing is happening with the GSXR

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>FJR Discontinued in EU
    >R1 Discontinued in EU
    >Most Yamaha bikes are now CP2 or CP3 engines
    >YZF-R9, replacement for the R6 race bike

This is just a guess but they will probably develop a new 1000cc+ engine platform that will be shared buy all bikes in that class.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yamaha is reportedly developing a V4 for MotoGP
      If the connection between the m1 and r1 is lost they may not make another 1000cc , the CP3 is good enough for those non superbike applications

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>If the connection between the m1 and r1 is lost
        they have nothing in common except they are both painted blue sometimes

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Coming next year, Yamaha's new R1000
    >An all new 1200cc parallel twin with 270° crank so it almost sounds like a real motorcycle!
    >With the sporty styling, steel frame, and pogo stick tier suspension that you know and love from the MT range
    >All for the low price of $3k more than we were charging for an actual supersport!

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you wanted one you would already own one. If you're dedicated you'd buy used and not be a wrenchlet.

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

its funny to me that ALL motorcycles will be discontinued in the uk and probably europe. suck on it

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

How is that a good thing you bootlicking shit

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's a moronic bike for the street anyway, nothing of value was lost

22. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>buy a reasonable bike
    >get all the gear do all the tests
    >practice safe riding
    >pay attention at all times
    >get clipped by some soccer mum on her phone and die
    but a few dudes thought I looked pretty cool once or twice!

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You know there's ways to avoid that right?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *