What's the spookiest thing you've ever seen while driving?

You guys ever seen anything spooky while driving?

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

once looked in the mirror and saw myself and realized how old i got

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

fpbp and sad post 🙁

2. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

little asian ladies driving landcruisers
    the cars look like they're driving themselves

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

rip any small child or animal trying to cross the street with that

3. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

i thought i saw a homeless man try to run across the road but it was just a speed bump

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Oh hey Ravnsborg, hows the job search going?

4. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I saw a green light zipping around at around 2 in the morning while driving through eastern Kansas, looking west from the Flint Hills. It disappeared over the treeline after doing some zig-zags for 30 seconds or so. No idea what it was.

5. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Old man carrying around a bloody burlap sack. I later learned he stole cattle.

6. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

One early dark morning I saw stationary hazard lights like you'd see on an ambulance flashing at the end of a bridge, that has a sudden left turn then a long couple mile straight away.

The lights go out right as I cross midway on the bridge, I get to the turn and there no vehicles or anything down the long stretch. Maybe a tow truck or ambulance was able to book it that fast but it didn't make sense to me at the time. That bridge was also known to have had a dude fall off a die a few years earlier.

One other time I've seen a big black 'cat' shape cross the highway another dark night at the limit of my headlights, but could have been any number of things

7. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I remember seeing what looked like a stealth bomber/black triangle ufo, I was driving from Wichita to Tulsa to visit family. Forgot exactly where, but it was somewhere north of Tulsa out in the Oklahoma boonies.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

Did it have lights on the tips or anything?
      Was it a perfect triangle or was it closer to a F117 or B2 shape?

• 2 years ago
        Anonymous

I couldn't get a terribly good look at it, but I think it had lights on the tips, white lights. It didn't move at all like a jet or a bomber, way too slow. It was around dusk and I first saw it moving across the horizon to the setting sun. At first I thought it was just a satellite or stars until it moved in front of the setting sun, then I could see its shape better. Hung on my right for a few minutes, then it took off super fast to the west. Really frickin weird.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

I seen a chrome cigar tube craft twice. it's the sole reason I finally put a dash cam in all of my cars. and lying thieving cops too.

8. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Driving in a ghetto rural area, twisty narrow road with high speed limit. Come around a corner and theres a fricking shirtless crackhead in a wheelchair on the crest of the hill. He pushes out into the road and I have to swerve around him into the other lane while praying there isn't another car coming. Thankfully there wasnt but now I'm going too fast for the downhill turn after the hill. I cant kansei dorifto in a lifted truck with mud tires so I'm shitting myself trying to stop the brakes locking up. I didnt and now im dead, ooooo spooky mr lektrikal buzz buzz

9. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I've seen a few spooky things.
    >Roughly 8 foot tall, lanky humanoid, pure white in color with protrusions that looks like horns walks across the road as I turned onto a side street before disappearing down an embankment
    >Car behind me and one lane over for about twenty minutes in the middle of the night on the interstate, car's lights suddenly go out and the car itself is no longer there
    >Sitting at a red light at night, start hearing noises that sound like multiple large things moving in the bushes/trees on both sides of the road despite there being no wind
    >Driving cross country, stop at a truck stop and see some guy staring at me as I start to fill up, get weird vibes so I cut the refuel short and leave only to find the same guy at a gas station 2 exits later, still staring at me

10. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Used to do a lot of night driving across back roads and northern Appalachia mountains, but never actually saw anything spooky. Maybe nothing really seems spooky with a co-driver and dadrock on the radio, I don't know. Only thing I can really remember is coming home one night and seeing a bright as frick light in the sky in front of me for about two seconds, traveling almost in line with the road before fading out. Bright enough it lit up everything like lightning. Only thing I could think of was a surprise low and slow shooting star but it was so long ago I couldn't check and at the time I didn't even think to check sky-watcher websites when I got home.

11. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

i once saw a Black person, it was horrifying
    humanoids aren't meant to be dark
    captcha: GKKK2

12. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>Driving down touge late at night
    >Come around a corner hauling ass
    >White coyote standing there in the middle of the lane
    >Stand on breaks but can't stop in time, hit him going maybe 15-20mph and stop a few yards past
    >Feel the car hit and run over him
    >Once I'm stopped, swivel my head around and put car in reverse (so it lights up behind me) to see if he's still in the road
    >Nothing there
    >Turn my head back around
    >White coyote just standing in the road maybe 20ft ahead of me, stares at me for a minute and then casually walks off into the woods like nothing happened.
    >Check car later and no signs of damage or carnage
    The really crazy part is that I kept this to myself for ages, and then years later I was at that canyon on a busy night and one of the other guys told the exact same story.

13. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>You guys ever seen anything spooky while driving?
    no never, not once in 35 years of driving

14. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

couple of funny stories
    > driving through appalachia
    > pushing my Ford Edge loaner to the absolute limits down some mountain road
    > like stability control going active in every corner kind of limit
    > going 60 in a 35
    > some redneck in a lifted 3/4 ton (don’t remember the make) catches up to me and passes me then proceeds to gap me
    > mfw this dude had to have been going at least 70 down this mountain road

similar story
    > driving a jeep Rubicon west of Sault Ste. Marie in the UP in the middle of a blizzard
    > crusing down the highway at about the speed limit (65mph) can’t really see further than 50 yards in front so don’t wanna risk it
    > see car come up behind me
    > it’s a Ford Fiesta
    > man is flying down this highway in the middle of a blizzard
    > passes me and then takes off
    > to this day wonder how he didn’t wreck that car

Realistic explanation is that they were both locals and were used to those conditions but it’s still kinda funny

Creepy one:
    > be younger, like 12
    > my parents used to take us “deer shining” which is basically shining a police grade spotlight into cornfields and looking for deer
    > driving around some farms in southern Michigan
    > come up to this old civil war cemetery
    “Whatever you do anon, don’t shine the light into the cemetery”
    > sister gets visibly uncomfortable
    > frick it, let’s see what happens, annoy my sister
    > turn on spotlight
    > there’s an old guy with a very old truck in the cemetery (think it was a 50s Ford but don’t remember)
    > dad gets pissed and accelerates away
    > old guy hops in his truck and starts after us
    > dad is visibly spooked and mats it
    > going 90+ down this road in a minivan
    > southern Michigan is basically a big grid, so pretty much all 90 degree turns
    > dad makes three turns in quick succession and ends up on a dirt road
    > cuts lights and throws in park
    > wait 10 minutes
    > go home after
    > end up grounded for a week

15. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Was sitting at a red light when i saw this.

16. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

one time I was driving sleep-deprived about 80 mph when I noticed a semi in the distance.
    It kept getting closer and closer and TALLER too. I was yelling HOW BIG IS THIS THING??? At the last second I came to a screeching halt in the middle of the highway.

I drove by the next week, and realized THIS is what I was:
    https://www.google.com/maps/@48.3892895,-109.9260061,3a,75y,56.52h,92.26t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sm9oxw8RDy2eseEyCSumgDw!2e0!7i3328!8i1664

17. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>Be me
    >Maybe 4 or 5 years old
    >Dad picks my sister and I up from the babysitter
    >Mid-spring afternoon, looks like rain but no storm yet
    >Sitting in the floorboard eating gushers
    >Midwest out in the fields can see for miles
    >See a tornado maybe half a mile off to the left
    >Older sister starts asking dad
    >"Daddy is that a tornado? UH OH OH NO"
    >Have been noticing car accelerate lolwhee
    >Sister starts crying and freaking out
    >"WE'RE GONNA DIE OMG WE'RE GONNA DIE"
    >Tornado splits in two and one starts coming toward us
    >Stand up looking out the front
    >We're doing a little over 100 mph in an early 90s Olds 88
    Sister ended up pissing her pants and my mom was PISSED because not only did she have to steamvac the seats but as we rolled into the driveway it dropped the timing chain and mogged her work vehicle

18. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

i once legit saw a chirno cosplayer driving a car in 4am with all of the interior lights on. it was on a mountain road too. didn't chase because it was going on a different direction.

19. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

>got my moped license when I was 15
    >helped my uncle repair a 1984 Yamaha Chappy (put an 80cc motor from a Kawasaki dirtbike on it and manual, shit ripped yo)
    >drove this thing everywhere
    >gas was $0.87 a gallon so I could go 120+ miles with like $3
    >cruising down a back road, motherfricker hadn't been paved in years, thanks New Jersey
    >Dodging potholes like I'm paid to
    >Almost run into a guy standing smack dab in the middle of the road, staring at the sky
    >Beep at him
    >he doesn't even react
    >Ask if he's OK
    >he slowly looks at me and just looks really sad
    >"they're making me come home now" as he pointed at the sky
    >look up, nothing but stars
    >"I really liked it here, they're going to make me go back to what I was before"
    >wtf
    >tell him sure man, just get out of the road when they're coming for a pick up
    >asks my name
    >slowly tell him my name
    >"well anon, it was nice to at least talk to another human before I leave, I'll think of you when they make me return"
    >as I slowly put around him he quickly turns and grabs my handlebars almost making me fall over
    >"please, I'm not supposed to tell you, but don't trust the stars. They're lies meant to make you forget"
    >freak out, get free, drive away fast as I can
    >hit a pothole and almost wipe out
    >spend night at friend's house
    >next morning, come back and have to take same road home
    >perfectly circular black mark on ground where guy was standing, near same pothole

Never got resolved. Still no idea what or who he was.

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>don't trust the stars. They're lies meant to make you forget
      if you just wrote this for funsies like most posts are, congrats, that's terrrifying

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

>"please, I'm not supposed to tell you, but don't trust the stars. They're lies meant to make you forget"

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

fake and gay

• 2 years ago
      Anonymous

That's BS but I believe it.

20. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

99-02 renault Clio gauges?

also yes, a woman in a 116d listening to turbofolk.

21. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

deer, foxes, rabbits and little mice

22. 2 years ago
    Anonymous

bump

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *