Anonymous

Not this reddit tinfoil hat shit again

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

k
      enjoy when your car reports you to the gestapo for thoughtcrime

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

neat because ive got a 23 gr corolla and ive done 150mph on the interstate and threw it around corners at speeds that would probably get me prison time and my insurance is still 40$ a month. the only thing i can realistically see happening is toyota denying warranty coverage for that sort of driving

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

k

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>"the only thing i can realistically see happening is toyota denying warranty coverage for that sort of driving"
          >sell a sports car
          >advertise it as a corner eater and nimble pocket rocket
          >deny warranty because the customer drove it like one
          How is that realistic

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nissan once sold a """""supercar""""" and voided its warranty if you ever used launch control

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>my insurance is still 40$ a month
          (X), also
          >40$
          $40. So dumb it must hurt.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

your average toyota driver

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

is it fake?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

99% chance it's fake. There's no reason you can't let a passenger sync up their phone to play music; there's no assumption that a synced phone must be the driver. And heck, theoretically people in families might even use each others' phones at times, you can't 100% tie a phone to a single person every time.

https://i.imgur.com/TpKcul7.jpeg

>buying post 2010 cars
        ngmi

Agreed, for many other reasons.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Of course it's completely fake. Otherwise the guy posting it would have sued his insurance company so hard him and his offspring and his offspring's offspring would be set for life. Makers can send driving info to insurance companies, but insurance companies simply cannot target you directly for any information they provide. If they do then congrats, you've been gifted a winning lottery ticket.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>just sue globohomosexual megacorp when you’re a poorgay slave to shekelberg
            Most people can barely afford food.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Any decent law firm would take on that case for free, because it's a guaranteed win so they are guaranteed their 10% cut of 50 million.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>bro just sue the megacorp that has a $500m/y legal team
            Even if you win they'll make sure you're bankrupted by fees

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No, it is real. GM, Toyota/Lexus, Subaru, Honda/Acura, and Hyundai/Kia are confirmed to send the data to the insurance companies. I am sure there are other carmakers doing this, but not confirmed yet.

99% chance it's fake. There's no reason you can't let a passenger sync up their phone to play music; there's no assumption that a synced phone must be the driver. And heck, theoretically people in families might even use each others' phones at times, you can't 100% tie a phone to a single person every time.
        [...]
        Agreed, for many other reasons.

cope

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>cope
          What? I know full-well they share info with insurance and data brokers, but there's no way they assumed that a synced phone meant another driver. Passengers do this to play music all the time.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I wonder if it can also detect if other phones are in the car. Just because BT "pairs" doesn't mean it isn't talking to every thing in range.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

They don't send it directly to insurance companies. They sell it as packaged info and LexisNexis buys it up and then these insurance companies snoop on you through those databases.

If you're not disabling the modem/cutting the antenna on these new cars you're a chump

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I work for insurance, that's 100% fake. Insurance captures driving habits/hard brakes/phone usage to assess a driver's risk profile to assess a proper premium. They don't/can't do what this bullshit is implying.

Also
        >next day
        Pfft yeah fricking right.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

What if i rip all your botnet garbage out of my car what then israelite?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>They don't/can't do what this bullshit is implying.

I wonder if it's possible that OP had some kind of insurance tracking device in his car and just forgot about it. So many people automatically sign up for that for a cheaper rate and then just forget. Personally I would never do that, and the thought of getting a new car and the manufacturer may hand over the data due to a pre-existing business deal is concerning.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>hard brakes
          If some kid/dog/zoomerhomosexual on a scooter runs across the street and i jump on the break does that raise the price of my insurance? Or if some tard tries to overtake the rush hour column and i have to again hit the break so he can come back in the lane before slamming into oncomming traffic?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Insurance captures driving habits/hard brakes/phone usage
          Holy shit. What is the world coming to? How the frick is this allowed

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It’s optional. I added a car to my policy a few months ago and the guy asked if I wanted to add a device to my car for tracking safe driving habits for a lower premium. I said “no I don’t want to bug my own car” and he repeated like three times “well it’s completely optional”.
            I have a friend that works for an insurance company that was telling me it’d be a shitty deal anyway. Oh you’re driving with the flow of traffic over the speed limit? Rates go up. Oh you had brake and corner harshly to avoid an accident? Rates go up. Oh some future lawyer tried to carjack you at a red light and you peeled out? Rates go up.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Of course it's fake, they can't just assume a person is driving a car because their phone is connected
        Sometimes when my dad and I are driving down the same road in different cars, his phone will pair to my car and start playing winga dinga music

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

old news.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Subscription services suck, but there is literally no reason for anyone to have remote start. It's not even a luxury, it's just pointless.
      >but I need the car to be warm before I get in.
      You need a tampon for your ass because you're a fricking homosexual.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

ok but imagine having to wait for your car to get to low idle when you could have just started it remotely

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

this and frick power windows too
        why do I have to start my car just to roll the windows down?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I'm guessing you either have a garage or don't get harsh winters. I can't drive on some mornings until my car warms up because the windows continually fog up. Aside from that, I want the comfort of a warm car right away.

this and frick power windows too
        why do I have to start my car just to roll the windows down?

You don't have to start the engine, only turn the switch to on position.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

kek, I thought ELON was LE BAD 🙂 🙂 ?

Subscription services suck, but there is literally no reason for anyone to have remote start. It's not even a luxury, it's just pointless.
      >but I need the car to be warm before I get in.
      You need a tampon for your ass because you're a fricking homosexual.

shut the frick up Sandeep

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>buying post 2010 cars
    ngmi

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Based i love my 2012 shitbox its ecu is actually from 2002

4. 3 weeks ago
    p

Sounds like his attempt to defraud his insurance provider went awry. Justice served imo, frausters impact all of our rates.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah they tried to put their uninsurable son's truck on their insurance and got caught.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Not mine. I don't pay israelite insurance.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

So my device is named "SM-Galaxy Black folkTungManus". Can I just tell my dad's insurance that his truck was stolen for a day?

6. 3 weeks ago
    Greased Geese

if you arent driving a race car you dobt deserve privacy

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I am content and happy.
    I will also be happy to join a movement against our overlords if it ever happens.
    stay safe out there.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

people lie on a reddit a lot more often than they tell the truth.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just unplug the telemetric router. Not hard to do

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I owned a sports car, and the insurance company added someone who rented a fricking room from us on the the policy without asking us anything. They just sent us a huge bill and they didnt seem to understand or care what they did or why they did it. I told them that the garage is locked and no one has access. I think this story is real but its not technology, its the fact the kid has access so they added him.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *